Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well My car is totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:09 PM
iyah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what color was your Z? can't go wrong with black, but thats one hell ofa upkeep. If I could do it all over again i'd go with Blue or Red.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
350zz053

I had red

Im thinking black now. I cant believe id get anything other than red. but red has drawn much wanted attention from people/cops and such
Old 12-31-2006, 05:23 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 350zz053
I had red

Im thinking black now. I cant believe id get anything other than red. but red has drawn much wanted attention from people/cops and such
I have a Redline and guess what, not one ticket and I have never been pulled over!

Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zand02max
I have a Redline and guess what, not one ticket and I have never been pulled over!

That's 'cause you drive like a big fat sissy!!!

Seriously though, despite my couple of sports cars that I've owned (first my 410 WHP Z and now the Viper), I have one ticket in the last 9 years and it was a minor speeding ticket that I was nailed fair and square for. I think looking at this objectively, 350ZZ053 is relatively "innocent" of anything but a mistake that about half the drivers on the DC beltway make on a daily basis. That is a) not being aware of where the cars around him were, and b) driving in front of someone who wasn't paying attention to the road. The whole sudden braking thing comes back to (a) above because you don't hit your brakes if you can't see the head-lights of the car behind you, you pucker and ride it out because you know the a-hole behind you will hit you if you brake. The douche-bag brother ultimately assumes the majority of the responsibility because he was in back (unless you "cut him off" with your lane change just before hitting the brakes.)

In any case, when you get your next car 350ZZ350, POST PICS!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you were obeying the speed limit when you saw the police car, there would have been no need for you to hit the brakes. Were you speeding?
Old 12-31-2006, 06:44 PM
350zz053

thanks kcobean

I will post pics of the retro Z whenever I get everything settled. I dont think anyone here drives exactly the speed limit at all times. I was going about 75-80 which was the flow of traffic. We werent racing, or switching lanes like crazy. I was actually in 6 gear at about 2500rpm when it happend. I guess when I get my next Z I will see how fast that is. But thanks to everyone for the support. as well as the losers who love to think they are perfect and think there **** dont stink. When your car gets rocked by someone, young or old, I will just wish you the best. have a good new year everyone! < my emotions but in the end its all gooddd

Last edited by 350zz053; 12-31-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:08 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Res Ipsa Loquitor

Res Ipsa L . . . "the thing speaks for itself. Your buddy's DUI does not make him per se (automatically) liable. Someone could be drunk and get smacked from behind thru no fault of their own. However, given your circumstances and the facts as you have laid out, I think res ipsa loquiotr applies. Note: This should in no way be taken as legal advice, consult a licensed attorney in your state.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:54 PM
ksj

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
regardless of if he was drunk or not you did put on the brakes rapidly without any notification to the guy following you, I guess maybe if he had a z with some brembo's he couldv'e avoided the whole thing lol but sorry for your loss man. I wouldn't put the entire blame on him though... Just partial.
I've never heard of braking without signalling as an offense. I doubt there is one and am guessing that the cop was putting the fear of god (cops think they're god) into you. I think the offense is following too closely for the person that hit you.

If you had anything to do with him getting alcohol or allowing him to drive while he was drunk then I hope they nail you to the wall cause you would deserve it then.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:05 PM
350zz053

Originally Posted by ksj
I've never heard of braking without signalling as an offense. I doubt there is one and am guessing that the cop was putting the fear of god (cops think they're god) into you. I think the offense is following too closely for the person that hit you.

If you had anything to do with him getting alcohol or allowing him to drive while he was drunk then I hope they nail you to the wall cause you would deserve it then.

Na i didnt bro. Im not even old enough to buy alcohol! lol. He drinks like everynight with his friends. Im always with his sister at her house and he comes in drunk every night. Thats if u dont hear his car driving off when we know hes drunk. His parents just had a talk about driving drunk with him last week! It sucks bc its my gf's brother. and he just kept saying i just want you (me) and her (my gf) to be ok. so he felt real bad about what happend
Old 12-31-2006, 09:29 PM
ksj

Cool. Sad to hear about the drinking though. His parents should confiscate the insurance money until he's past that if you ask me.

Glad you and your girl are ok. Maybe that will be a wakeup call for him, but I doubt it. Once it gets to the point you describe the only thing that will probably help is detox and a few days in jail...

Good luck though with getting your damage repaired or a new car. If they try to go for repairs and you feel strongly that it should be totaled be sure and let his insurance company know that you will also be making a diminished value claim.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:53 AM
dc89kr

yea it seems that 350zz053 wasn't much of at fault.. aren't you suppose to be a certain distance away from the car infront of you so that you have time to avoid an accident if the car infront slams on the brakes? he was obviously not paying attention.
and who here actually goes 65 on the freeway...
and doesn't slow down when a cop is in sight while going above the speed limit...
Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What is the current wrecked Z post count this holiday so far? I swear I have seen at least 5 different ones just on this forum this month.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Stabber

Originally Posted by 350zz053
Na i didnt bro. Im not even old enough to buy alcohol! lol. He drinks like everynight with his friends. Im always with his sister at her house and he comes in drunk every night. Thats if u dont hear his car driving off when we know hes drunk.
Let's see, you knew this beforehand, and yet you agreed to let him follow you? This is partly your fault. Maybe you will make wiser decisions in the future.

By the way, 80mph is not "Flowing with traffic" on RT1 in Delaware. That is the speed most people get tickets at. No wonder you slammed on the brakes when you saw the cop.

Overall I think you are too immature for a car like this. Making comments like "That's what insurance is for!" is not what people like to hear. You guys wrecking, are possibly raising insurance rates for other 350z drivers.

Also: 14 points on your license? Stop driving like a woman
I am glad you are ok, but next time someone may get hurt
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 AM
350zz053

Originally Posted by Stabber
Let's see, you knew this beforehand, and yet you agreed to let him follow you? This is partly your fault. Maybe you will make wiser decisions in the future.

By the way, 80mph is not "Flowing with traffic" on RT1 in Delaware. That is the speed most people get tickets at. No wonder you slammed on the brakes when you saw the cop.

Overall I think you are too immature for a car like this. Making comments like "That's what insurance is for!" is not what people like to hear. You guys wrecking, are possibly raising insurance rates for other 350z drivers.

Also: 14 points on your license? Stop driving like a woman
I am glad you are ok, but next time someone may get hurt
Stabber are you slow or dumb? lol im serious. Bc ive already said that I didnt know he was drinking or drunk! He drinks everynight but when i met him he looked sober. i dont believe its my responsibility to ask if he had a drink. I dont like drinking and driving, but that doesnt mean he doesnt either.

And immature for a car like this? what are you ****ing trying to say this for? If i had honda civic I would of hit the brakes the same way i did on my Z. And yes 75-80 was flowing with traffic at that time of night.

And I wont possibly be raising anything for anyone that owns a Z bc he is at fault! Maybe if his motor skills werent delayed or he wasnt riding me pretty close, it wouldnt of happend! but thanks for your opinion on insurance going up! Since your the expert! A dui and the fact he hit me in the back doesnt mean anything at all! Its my fault bc I can afford the same car your driving at a younger age! And i still have money in my savings account. thanks for all of your useless advice though
Old 01-01-2007, 10:48 AM
C4talyst

He hit you because he's an inexperienced, young driver. If he was completely sober, I bet the results would've been the same. Your insurance will have a field day w/ this one.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

if you get hit from behind it usually means the person was following too close ....even if you slam on your brakes without warning.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by todd_06trackZ
you said you were going 75 in a 65 and you hit the brakes hard? i wouldn't even bother doing that because it would be obvious to the cop you were speeding and going 10 over isn't that big of a deal. so unless you are really afraid of getting pulled over for going 75 in a 65, it just doesn't make sense.
I dont care who you are, 99% of people who see a cop are going to automatically react by either taking there foot off the accelerator or putting it on the brake. Not htinking that 75 in a 65 isnt bad, just a normal reaction when he saw a cop :-)
Old 01-01-2007, 05:57 PM
40ozfreedom

You're ignorant if you think price has anything to do with totalling a car.
Perhaps it is more likely a case along the lines of lack of experience?

Sorry to hear about your accident man.
Either smile and bend over, or meet with a lawyer just to be on the safe side.
You certainly don't want any charges such as contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Nucleus

I think this accident might have saved some lives. If this accident didnt occur another accident was probable. You said you guys were on your way to another party. Hopefully this is a wake-up call to you, me, everyone involved and everyone eles that knows about it.

14 points already. You need to take a step back and look at yourself.

Last edited by Nucleus; 01-08-2007 at 08:50 PM.