2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z vs evo 8

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
ssteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Sorry buddy but none of it holds true. I cant help you getting all worked up over what my opinions are.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:06 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by ssteve
Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

Sorry buddy but none of it holds true. I cant help you getting all worked up over what my opinions are.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM
ssteve

Also I dont need to own a 350z to be a member of this board, when I signed up the only thing I agreed to was the same as the rest of you and it said:
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws
Old 01-15-2007, 04:10 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

but it would be a nicer car and better if you did...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
ssteve

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
but it would be a nicer car and better if you did...
Why dont you drop it for a third time. You seem to be the troll around here.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did I say the evo owns anything
Ahem*
As far as what one350zfan had to say: Yes I agree your car is a great performer, but on a side note your friends evo isnt performing like it should. I was at the track last weekend and there was a couple evo IX's running 11.8's-12.3's with less done then your friend has. His car should run a 12.9-13.2 stock with just a 1.8-1.9 60' Tell him he really needs to get a custom tune.
Because he ran faster means the Evo needs a tune?
Got any other excuses? Maybe his blinker fluid was low?

when did I say that you couldnt afford a G?
Here, let me refresh your memory.
Looks like I struck a nerve with the "poor mans G35" cooment didnt I? If thats the case then maybe your a little insecure, or maybe your just pissed cause you really wanted a G and couldnt afford it?
Thanks,

I hope your happy with the car you own, and considering that you own a 350z I am sure you are cause like I have said before. They are a great car and I would love to own one. If you reread my post you will see that I never said anything bad about the Z, I only stated what was told to me by others which happened to be girls that were remarking negative things about the 350z.
First mistake.

Anyhow, enjoy your car.

Cheers,

R
Old 01-15-2007, 04:21 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

+1
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Like fusionchicken said, it's pointless to try and educate anyone about Evo's since half the people here are Z fanboys and are oblivious to the performance of other cars on the road, so they come with corny "insults" about certain cars that they just can't beat. Congrats on your purchase, and feel free to PM me any questions you have about your new Evo.
Well, this is a Z forum isn't it? The entire reason people joined this thing is to talk about the Z, intern, that makes them Z fanboys, but they chose to be Z fanboys and joined a site for Z fanboys. So what is the point? Its not like anyone here goes to Lancer forums and says the Z is faster in every way. Well, if they do then thats their fault. What im saying is that you are going to find Z fanboys in a Z forum! Its just common sense.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
ssteve

Fist of all that guys evo "should" be faster then a 12.5 with the mods that he has, thats simple. Some may disagree with that but even most evo tunners would agree that its fully capable. So in a round about way, Yes. Since the evo didnt run a 12.5 which the 350z did he could use a tune. Or at least thats my opinion, so take it how you want it doesnt really matter to me cause either way his Z is fast and considerably faster then a lot of evo's, including mine.

Second, all I did was sugest that, "maybe" that is why? True maybe it should have been said but O well.

Third, that comment was directed at md350 to point out the fact that not every girl is jocking the 350z
Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
i knew it was a matter of time before the EVO trolls come out
Tell me how I'm a troll. Is it because I actually know what I'm talking about?
ummm still a fanboy... even in 5 more min. you will stll be a fanboy. and as far as the money goes lmfao!! thats why you got what you did the z costs more derrrrrrrrr think before you speak. you are an internet troll looking to stir something up on a diffrent forum. like I said after your original post go to an evo board and stop trolling on the z board.
Wow, aren't you the bright one... the Z costs more... depends on what model you get smart guy. Put the Base model Z's price up against a Evo IX RS (least expensive of the models) and tell me which one costs more. Thank you, move along now.
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Well, this is a Z forum isn't it? The entire reason people joined this thing is to talk about the Z, intern, that makes them Z fanboys, but they chose to be Z fanboys and joined a site for Z fanboys. So what is the point? Its not like anyone here goes to Lancer forums and says the Z is faster in every way. Well, if they do then thats their fault. What im saying is that you are going to find Z fanboys in a Z forum! Its just common sense.
There's a difference between "enthusiasts" and "fanboys".

Example: droppedit2wce=fanboy. Doesn't know what the hell he's talking about so all he can try and come up with is insults. Does he know what an Evo is capable of? Nope. But he tries and talk like he does. I'm embarrased that he's part of the Mid-A crew which USED to not have any fanboys in it, just enthusiasts. If I was still in the Mid-A crew, I'd disown his *** for being so damn ignorant. This clown is trolling his own board.

Example: myself=enthusiast. I know the capability of my car, and I know where it stands in the performance food chain. Guess what, I also know the performance of the 350Z and I know where it stands in the food chain. How? I've owned both. I've beat the **** out of BOTH. I've gone to (and sometimes passed) the limits of BOTH. I don't make **** up about either and I don't bash either. If you guys can't discern the difference between bashing and stating facts, then there's something wrong.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:27 PM
GonZ

Tell me how I'm a troll. Is it because I actually know what I'm talking about?

Wow, aren't you the bright one... the Z costs more... depends on what model you get smart guy. Put the Base model Z's price up against a Evo IX RS (least expensive of the models) and tell me which one costs more. Thank you, move along now.

There's a difference between "enthusiasts" and "fanboys".

Example: droppedit2wce=fanboy. Doesn't know what the hell he's talking about so all he can try and come up with is insults. Does he know what an Evo is capable of? Nope. But he tries and talk like he does. I'm embarrased that he's part of the Mid-A crew which USED to not have any fanboys in it, just enthusiasts. If I was still in the Mid-A crew, I'd disown his *** for being so damn ignorant. This clown is trolling his own board.

Example: myself=enthusiast. I know the capability of my car, and I know where it stands in the performance food chain. Guess what, I also know the performance of the 350Z and I know where it stands in the food chain. How? I've owned both. I've beat the **** out of BOTH. I've gone to (and sometimes passed) the limits of BOTH. I don't make **** up about either and I don't bash either. If you guys can't discern the difference between bashing and stating facts, then there's something wrong.
Sorry peeps, but I have to agree with this guy. People who jumped on the wagon to bash the guy for something else isn't such a nice gesture. He was then provoked to say things which were later used against him, it's like you corner somebody so bad that they tried to fight back, then you killed them by saying they tried to fight back. I bought the Z because I like the feel of it, not because it is fast, my civic beater would smoke my Z from a roll but does that matter? no. Each car have different appeal to everybody, so let it be. The only things I hate about evo is the fact that it was made by mitsu/dsm, but other than that is is a very nice car, especially with all the snow we've having right now while the Z went into hibernation.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Cannysage

On a z forum, bias is abound to happen. Evo 8s have a great modding potential, because it's FI'd. right off the factory, they have somewhat of a conversative tune and their power curve is all over the place. chip upgrade and couple of breathing mods will gives it some healthy gains. Evo definitely have an age bracket in terms of owners, though (they're younger, relative to the z drivers). I don't see anything wrong with evos.. it's better glancing at them than 2 zillion camrys on the road. I think the evo x is smoking!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
md350

Maybe you should sack up and buy the g35 then. Thats all I heard from girls when I was looking at the 350.... " Isnt it just the poor mans G35?"
I'm sure this has been thoroughly addressed in the past few pages since you said it...but that's one of the stupidest comments/comebacks I've ever seen.

I bought a Z instead of a G because it looks better, is faster, and isn't loaded with luxury garbage I don't want nor need. And the prices are practically the same. Stupid comment.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Cannysage
On a z forum, bias is abound to happen.
Bias is fine, but it get's to the point that people are just spreading misinfo about a certain car. If they want to call themselves "enthusiasts" then they need to act like it. Otherwise, they're nothing better than fanboy trolls.

I love the Z, but I'm not gonna bite my tongue when people make it sound better than it is. I also love Evo's, but I'm also not gonna bite my tongue about it and would be happy to share with the world it's shortcomings.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:08 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

This is still a z forum.... evos' are still ricers... there are forums for evos that you can waste everyones time in. end of story this is not an evo fanboy site.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:12 AM
bboypuertoroc

God, you're a non-enthusiast. I really hope the Mid-A doesn't waste their time with you.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Thumbs down

God, you're a non-enthusiast. I really hope the Mid-A doesn't waste their time with you.

I'm an enthusiast just fine, its that I have a Nissan 350z not an evo or wrx. I didn't come here to read about evo's and wrx's everyday. There will always be an argument that no one will agree on about which car is "faster." If you will double check the header page it says 350z!!

go here and tell everyone how fast your car is and how well it drives, no one will care because they all have evo's already! just like most people here have a Z or a G.

http://www.evolutionm.net/

lol @ non-enthusiast!!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 AM
bboypuertoroc

No **** it says "350Z"... I know how to read. If you would pay attention at all, you'd notice the only people starting threads like this are either a) 350Z owners or b) prospective 350Z owners. I've never once started a thread like this... the only thing close to it is when I traded my Z for my Evo and wrote up a quick comparo. The Evo/STI/STi guys don't start **** over here... we defend the facts that people like you seem to mix up on a regular basis. Is the only input you have about other cars insults? Gee, you sure SOUND like an enthusiast...
Old 01-16-2007, 04:01 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

squashing this right now, I have friends with awd's and if they heard me talking like this they would agree with you %100 I see that you are close with the Mid-A group and I can see why. everyone from the Mid-A is knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I can easily see why when you got a diffrent car you didnt leave this site. I was really fired up about the G35 comment from sstever earlier. bbpuertoroc sorry if i cauesd you any disrespect. If we feel the need to bicker back and fourth lets do it on PM's and keep this crap out of the forums.

-Ryan
Old 01-16-2007, 04:05 AM
bboypuertoroc

squashing this right now, I have friends with awd's and if they heard me talking like this they would agree with you %100 I see that you are close with the Mid-A group and I can see why. everyone from the Mid-A is knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I can easily see why when you got a diffrent car you didnt leave this site. I was really fired up about the G35 comment from sstever earlier. bbpuertoroc sorry if i cauesd you any disrespect. If we feel the need to bicker back and fourth lets do it on PM's and keep this crap out of the forums.

-Ryan
No prob... the G35 comment was taken the wrong way (IMO), but coulda been worded better (much better).

Quick Reply: 350z vs evo 8