Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looks like Im getting an STi

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:25 PM
efx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm.. at least youll get to bring more friends with you. How do you like that huge toilet on top of the trunk?

chishi, maybe you need a ST.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
chishifu

^ lol, i'd let him win every run and just keep the money for the ST
get some suspension upgrades and kill him at the track.

ChiShi
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
efx

i dunno man... some STi's are pretty good on the track. The last time I autoX'd they had better #'s. But yea, youd definately kill them w/ a ST, sways and suspension.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
z32 Outlaw Z

my buddy did the same thing, he had a 03 Z and traded it in for an STi, and had it for a few months then traded in the STi for a 06 G35.....
I mean i love the STi but it has more of a Rice Boy look, not that STi's r ricey, but its nothing compared to the looks of the Z....performance wise, STi is the way to go, and more bang for the buck with STi's....
Either way good luck.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
plumpzz

Hey guys I know you want my MREV and Crawford manifolds real bad but please stop barraging me with PMs lol. Im still thinking about keeping the Z and getting an 08 STi.
Im definately getting an STi, but just have to wait.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you found one yet that you're looking to purchase?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 PM
BingPWR

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Hey guys I know you want my MREV and Crawford manifolds real bad but please stop barraging me with PMs lol. Im still thinking about keeping the Z and getting an 08 STi.
Im definately getting an STi, but just have to wait.
If I remember correctly, I think I read an article about an 08 sti coming in a hatch version if you're interested heh
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 AM
plumpzz

Ive found 3. One is over priced, one got two wheels stolen off it a week ago -.-, and another I havnt visited yet.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 AM
dsmfan95

The way it usually goes is:

1. An Evo owner will tell you to get an Evo
2. An STi owner will tell you to get an STi
3. A 350z owner will tell you to keep the 350z.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 AM
EM-EFER

Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
The way it usually goes is:

1. An Evo owner will tell you to get an Evo
2. An STi owner will tell you to get an STi
3. A 350z owner will tell you to keep the 350z.

Good luck with your choice.
Usually... but he won't listen to the voice of reason telling him to get an Evo (me)... LOL

For real though, he want's an STI/STi, and I say go for it. It's a great car.

Tony (the less Evo's, the better)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Z_Driver
Master

You know guys - All this talk about STi or Z always makes me remember back in the day at DeAnza Autocross in Cupertino, Ca.

I was involved with a Dodge Colt project here and there. The school bought the car cheap 1000-2000 and put in maybe 3000 on suspension, engine mods and gutted it. It would outperform most of the cars on track even many vettes of the day.

I see it kinda like that Sti = Dodge Colt in looks and great at the track. Off-track you wouldn't want to be seen in it if it hadn't been for the custom paint.

The Z = or exceeds the looks of a Vette and your gonna have more going on if your a single guy. Girls could care less about Sti looks. They think it looks like in most cases.

I neither single or race very much on a road course anymore.

I drag race and can't get my wife into the Camaro below on the street. It makes her from the torque but, she like the way it looks and sounds. She'll drive / go in the Z anywhere. Does that make the Z a girls car? No, just that they like to be seen in it and drive it ... get it?

Camaro rebuild of driveline under construction so we can add more POWER LOL

Racing buy a STi and mod the S#!t out of it. Daily use 350Z ... Winter use beater or something with 4WD.

I like this combo myself snow or ice days:

Clear cold days / summer : ( ice is not your friend in 4wd, fwd, or rwd )

You probably could get a used Pathfinder and keep your Z for less than it will cost you for trading across for the same condition Sti as well .. check the price, taxes, insurance etc....

It all in what you need / want. Hopefully, I didn't sound like too much of a jerk.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 01-19-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Z33WOLF

A couple of my best friends drive Subarus, a Forester 2.5XT w/ VF39 STi turbo, STi TMIC, TB exhaust, tune, and 4.30 gears. Another with a bolt on+tune Legacy GT. To be honest the more I drive their cars the more I'm tempted to buy one. Both are very on par to the power of my NA bolt on Z. They're very quick cars and go pretty fast with a small amount of work. If I ever needed a four door sedan the Legacy GT Spec B is the only car I'd consider.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Z33WOLF
A couple of my best friends drive Subarus, a Forester 2.5XT w/ VF39 STi turbo, STi TMIC, TB exhaust, tune, and 4.30 gears. Another with a bolt on+tune Legacy GT. To be honest the more I drive their cars the more I'm tempted to buy one. Both are very on par to the power of my NA bolt on Z. They're very quick cars and go pretty fast with a small amount of work. If I ever needed a four door sedan the Legacy GT Spec B is the only car I'd consider.

Good luck with your decision.
You know he's right those are nice too ... just all in what you need and want. I had considered trading in my Sable for that Legacy GT at one time .. just a little much to spend on my beater.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Get a Sti

Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by Vick781
Get a Sti

Looks like a funny car.

Hey you come to a Z site, what do you expect ???
Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM
efx

Originally Posted by Vick781
Get a Sti

so how about that toilet seat at the back
Old 01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
ssteve

Just thought I would throw my $.02 in..... I was just recently in your shoes(kinda) and ended up buying the evo viii. When I first test drove a stock evo8 I hated the turbo lag which made me start looking at the 350z and sti, but then I drove a evo that had JUST a flash and cat back and it got rid of most of the lag and made the car pull real nice. If your like me, and plan to mod your car over a period of time I think you would be very happy with the evo since just about everything you do to it you can actually notice results from. Unlike some other cars where you do some bolt ons and have to second guess yourself if they even did anything since the car feels just about the same as before.I have many friends with moddified car (sti's, wrx's,evos, supra TT's, mustangs) and granted some of them might not love the looks of my car but no one has ever driven it and not loved the way it drives. It is truely a drivers vehicle that does very very few things poorly. The only other car I got the same feel driving was the s2000 which is in a completely different world than the evo/sti.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:23 PM
plumpzz

I know that evos mod better (atleast on stock turbo), and have a far better top end. Im going for a quick car with midrange torque thats easy to mod, and easy on the gas (if im easy on the pedal). I just like the whole STi deal. I dont hate the EVO at all, and i think as a drivers car, the EVO is better, followed by the Z. I just am attracted to teh STi, and always was. I never hated it. Some of you who hate the STi or EVO should really go drive one. Its real fun, and makes you forget the looks real quick.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
I know that evos mod better (atleast on stock turbo), and have a far better top end. Im going for a quick car with midrange torque thats easy to mod, and easy on the gas (if im easy on the pedal). I just like the whole STi deal. I dont hate the EVO at all, and i think as a drivers car, the EVO is better, followed by the Z. I just am attracted to teh STi, and always was. I never hated it. Some of you who hate the STi or EVO should really go drive one. Its real fun, and makes you forget the looks real quick.
STI/STi is definately good bro... but it ain't easy on gas. I don't know where you're getting that from. I personnaly think the Subies are mean looking cars (I'm one of few that likes the look of aggressive 4 doors) and sound awesome. You'll be happy with it if you get it. If not, you still got the Z, which is a blast too.
Originally Posted by ssteve
The only other car I got the same feel driving was the s2000 which is in a completely different world than the evo/sti.
I still want to take one of those for a spin.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 01-19-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Looks like Im getting an STi