Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 AM
fairladiez33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
The way it usually goes is:

1. An Evo owner will tell you to get an Evo
2. An STi owner will tell you to get an STi
3. A 350z owner will tell you to keep the 350z.

Good luck with your choice.

That's not true.

I had a 04 sb track and it was common modded suspension wheels exhaust intake and it was cool but for the power I wanted it was waaay to expensive

So I traded her in for an 06 evo IX gsr. So far I love it and I don't miss the z well I lied I do miss one thing and that was my exhaust tone with test pipes and nismo exhaust =(

One major plus with the evo/sti its a lot better to rally! =D
Old 01-20-2007, 10:36 AM
davidf

Bottom line is try it, you may love it, but if you don't, you can always come back home, hehe.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:02 PM
ssteve

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I still want to take one of those for a spin.
I think any true enthusiast should take as many cars as they can for a drive. The s2000 is a great car to drive, very fun. granted not everyone will like it but I can garantee that it will suprise many that doupt it
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
rgt

I just bought an 07 sti and absolutely love it. Lots of torque and is so much fun to drive. I tested out an 06 350z 6 spd but was not at all impressed with the drive.

----------- ...after 4 long years, the dream came true in January 2007... -----------------

Last edited by rgt; 01-20-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
rgt

Only one thing sucks.... it drinks gas like you wouldnt believe! Its supposed to get 19/25 but i am getting more like 10/18... Its very hard to stay off the boost!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:19 PM
ssteve

Originally Posted by rgt
I am getting more like 10/18... Its very hard to stay off the boost!

And that is why your getting crap mpg lol I know exactly how you feel cause I have the same problem, it got even worse once I got a intake cause I would get on it just to hear the turbo and DV. Made a 100mile freeway trip once without juming on it and got 26mpg since then I havent seen over 18.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nondezkrypt
True, but the STI Limited excludes the wing. Also, you can request not to have the wing on an STI (from what I was told).
http://www.subaru.com/media/image/20...sideration.gif

True, but that kind of poor visual integration has aesthetic appeal to a small segment of the automobile market.

Or if you had been 17 in the 80s and driven a modified economy car that the STI's styling now parodies you might be drawn to the look of the STI. Market researchers figured this out; there are plenty of people who actually like the ricer look, and Subaru is doing well with the car as a result.
or if you were a rally fan, and can find an appeal in the utilitarian design of the cars such as the evo and sti. Are they "pretty"? No - but they were not intended to be.

I had a Subaru - the original 2.5 RS. Was it pretty? No I suppose it wasn't. But it certainly looked the part of the rally car, and that's what I found appealing. I also had a Galant VR4 and a Celica All Trac Turbo - again, neither car won any style awards and certainly were not innovations in design. I frankly did not care - I bought them for the lineage they represented, and their mod-ability. Their simplistic style was admittedly appealing to me. Appealing in a different way than, say, an F430 or 599 GTB or Aston, but appealing never-the-less.

"Style" and innovation of design is not something that is abundant in the sub $30k price category. But for lots of enthusiasts out there, style is second to performance or performance potential.

ricer is in the eye of the beholder IMHO; There are lots of cars I see, whether here, or customers, that I dont personally find appealing. But the owners love them - and in the end, that's all that matters.

as for your thoughts on how an Sti handles, have you driven one - they handle quite well stock, and with some well though out mods, are absolutely insane on a road coarse. An Evo, even more so.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-20-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:47 PM
nondezkrypt

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
as for your thoughts on how an Sti handles, have you driven one -
Again, yes.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:46 PM
davidf

Wow you had a celica all-trac, damn thats rare. I had an MR2 turbo and was offered the chance to drive an all-trac, I was completely blown away by that car. Sorry to see it so short lived.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, was an awesome car...till you have to do a clutch lololol. That is sorta where most people toss in the towel. On mine, the clutch had just started to go, but was still cool as long as you ran a normal boost setting. I lent the car to my brother to use to go to and from college, since the motor in his RX7 had just blown. He must have cranked the boost up, got a small headgasket issue (motor was original) and net result...he paid no attention, overheated it, and it rod knocked But the car is alive today last I heard down in FL, with a full blown built motor in her now

Mr2's were cool cars....little go karts
Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 PM
pingbling23

im waiting on my local subaru dealership to call me and tell me theyll accept my offer. 2007 STI urban grey metallic, there going to put black carpet and any combo leather seats i want plus do the doors in leather. i HATE the blue and black interior. If you look at the STI in person for a while youll actually appreciate the lines of the car, at least i did. As far as the wing it is overkill but it fits the car and i like the led light built in it. Im still going to wait and see what the 07 Z is going to be like, but i just cant imagine getting a new car and it being almost exactly what i had before. I wanted a C6 vette but i dont feel like waiting for a used one thats in my price range. I love the way the STI feels when driving it the way it was meant to be driven.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:22 PM
mx22o

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

that's too bad...
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by pingbling23
im waiting on my local subaru dealership to call me and tell me theyll accept my offer. 2007 STI urban grey metallic, there going to put black carpet and any combo leather seats i want plus do the doors in leather. i HATE the blue and black interior. If you look at the STI in person for a while youll actually appreciate the lines of the car, at least i did. As far as the wing it is overkill but it fits the car and i like the led light built in it. Im still going to wait and see what the 07 Z is going to be like, but i just cant imagine getting a new car and it being almost exactly what i had before. I wanted a C6 vette but i dont feel like waiting for a used one thats in my price range. I love the way the STI feels when driving it the way it was meant to be driven.
Currious, but what was your offer? Im getting rediculous trade in values for my 05 Z's. 17500 ish. one guy offered me 19k which was the highest so far..