Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

DO I have a really slooooow Z???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 AM
orions empire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
Like I said man I have an 03 AT and I ran a 14.3 so if you want better times you need to do a SC or Turbo. It sounds like you will not be happy with just minor bolt-ons. You need to ask yourself this "do you like the looks of the Z and do you enjoy driving the Z?" If you answered yes to those questions who cares about the 1/4 mile times. Cleaning the MAF and new spark plugs will not make your car go faster. If you want small HP gains get a plenum spacer, pop-charger, exhaust, y-pipe, etc. If you don't like those suggestions go buy a Ford Pinto if you can find one they used to run like raped apes............ LOL

You are righ, I really do love my car, I have fun with it, I just dont like pple, lik e the STi's owners, making fun of me! Makes me furious! Oh, well, I think, I will buy a spacer, a pop charger and maybe a bottle of NOS just to have fun at the track, this is my daily use car, so I just wanna have fun at the track, but not be always with a monster car driving it to everywhere, like I do with my car. What do you think!?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:42 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by bb1314
Did you say... pinto? Isn't that the car that has the gas tank at the very front of the car and catches on fire whenever it got into a front end collision?
Yea that's the one but I think the gas tank was in the BACK and whenever someone got rearended the car would blow up.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:43 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by orions empire
You are righ, I really do love my car, I have fun with it, I just dont like pple, lik e the STi's owners, making fun of me! Makes me furious! Oh, well, I think, I will buy a spacer, a pop charger and maybe a bottle of NOS just to have fun at the track, this is my daily use car, so I just wanna have fun at the track, but not be always with a monster car driving it to everywhere, like I do with my car. What do you think!?

If you go with Nitrous make sure it is a wet kit and no more than a 100 shot.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:44 AM
350Z_LEE

It's not a big deal man, just need to practice. However, a couple questions to ask:
1) How much do those 19's weigh? More than stock most likely, so you added weight there maybe .
2) What tires are you using, and what was your tire pressure at?
3) How much gas was in your tank?

Also after some practice you will do better. Work on getting off the line, and your shift points. It's not a bad time by the way.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidv
Did the thought ever cross your mind that you don’t have the faintest idea what the hell you are doing?
+1
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
azula

jejejjejeje
nice, but not into American Muscle Car!

jejejejee I know I shouldnt say this here, but I was looking at the STi's and those MotherF* were at 10.8 - 11.5 those are greate numbers...

what does "jejejeje" mean? is that equivalent to "lol"?? sorry i'm enthnocentric....lol
Old 01-18-2007, 06:47 AM
bonusfrag

Who cares what people think! The Z is sexier than the STi anyday. Rally cars FTL in the styling department.

Last edited by bonusfrag; 01-18-2007 at 06:52 AM.
orions empire

Yes, the rims weigh is a LOT, and tank was 1/4, also I didnnt check tire pressure, but the tires are the BF G Force!
Nowell
National Z Club

Yup, cheapest and easiest mods are take out the spare and tools, take out the passanger seat (4 bolts) and run on stockers. That right there will get you some time back. Your weight is also a consideration. I have seen some BIG people get out of Z's. Your also in an N/A auto, you should consider switching your pumpkin. Another cheap/easy mod. That alone should get your times down signifigantly.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:48 AM
orions empire

yes, here in the Caribbean we do JEJEJEJE, like LOL

sorry for the misunderstandings... LOL is it like that LOL :-P
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by Nowell
Yup, cheapest and easiest mods are take out the spare and tools, take out the passanger seat (4 bolts) and run on stockers. That right there will get you some time back. Your weight is also a consideration. I have seen some BIG people get out of Z's. Your also in an N/A auto, you should consider switching your pumpkin. Another cheap/easy mod. That alone should get your times down signifigantly.

Switching your pumpkin????? Could you or someone explain?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 AM
green183

The STI's would have to be modded in order for those cars to run those times. Thats a turbo upgrade/intercooler, injectors,fuel pump,down pipe, exhaust, and a tune to get those low numbers. thats like dumping another 8k into a 30k car. *shakes head* all you get are praises from the guys for going fast while the ladies are hangin around the 350 that are rollin on dubs!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:57 AM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by Nowell
Your also in an N/A auto, you should consider switching your pumpkin. Another cheap/easy mod. That alone should get your times down signifigantly.

What does switching your pumpkin mean?? Anyone???
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 AM
unkn0wn ryder

Originally Posted by green183
The STI's would have to be modded in order for those cars to run those times. Thats a turbo upgrade/intercooler, injectors,fuel pump,down pipe, exhaust, and a tune to get those low numbers. thats like dumping another 8k into a 30k car. *shakes head* all you get are praises from the guys for going fast while the ladies are hangin around the 350 that are rollin on dubs!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

if you didn't know the car was going to do those mubers when you bought it, you didn't do your research... 20's at the track may also be a problem. get some 16 or 17's w/ drag radials maybe. and then learn to lauch. automatic also make sure the tcs is off!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, you did not list your 60ft time, trap... 8th... , hell even humidity% and baro. <so really no one can knows anything.

you really need to give more information but without anything I am almost 99% sure it is because you cannot drive. <this could just be inexperience at the strip because it is completely different from being able to drive on the street, it needs practice. if this was your first time, horrible e.t.s are normal... not being mean, I sucked my first times... and still do

but that time dosen't seem normal for an average driven Z (passable skills).
Old 01-18-2007, 07:05 AM
imjdoggie

Could someone PLEASE tell me what switching your pumpkin means???? My A D D is kicking in I need to know this.....................
Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 AM
green183

the z is rated to do only 14s at the 1/4 mile anyway....guess you didnt know that either.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:13 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Post your time slip here: https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-top-25-1-4-mile-times-for-tt-st-supercharger-nitrous-bolt-ons-stock.html. You are still in the Top-25.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:02 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dude...if your so obssesed with your times throw on a turbo or SC. If you dont wanna spend the money on that and want a fast straight line buy a used vette or cobra.

As for Sti owners making fun of you....be a man and tell them that you can respect there cars speed.....then fk his girl because you know she wants you and the Z.

Quick Reply: DO I have a really slooooow Z???