2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Traded my Z today....For a.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 08:49 PM
superman78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded my Z today....For a.....

CHEVY AVALANCHE!!!

Big change. Z was not a practical daily driver for me, plus my Z was riddled with problems from day 1. Was fun while it lasted though.

So long guys.....you were very informative!
Old 03-31-2003, 09:10 PM
DBZ

WTF?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:14 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand the Z not being practicle, I knew that would happen to many, sad that people honestly kid themselves into thinking they can have a 2 seater car when they cant.

however what are you doing with a chevy avalanche? hopefully towing something? or hauling something? otherwise quit hogging the parking lots, driving up gas prices(yes supply, demand applies to gas prices), and most of all changing lanes without even caring what little car might be next to you since you could run them over.

anyway that is all, have fun with your new gas hog. youve now joined millions of soccer dads that refuse to admit it. (Im just playing with this last part cause I dont know you, tho 99% of people in SUVs do not need them or use them in any way that a minivan wouldnt better suit)
Old 03-31-2003, 09:29 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Someone tell me this...

Whats with chevy avalanche drivers that makes them want to rev and roar past me? It happened again today, for the 5th time maybe this week! It's specifically the avalanche.

I'm hopefully assuming its not to race... lol
Old 03-31-2003, 09:31 PM
superman78

Thought you would like to know that I was getting 18.1 MPG in my z on premium gas, while I have averaged 17.7 on regular in the avalanche....hmmm?

Also since the Z was put togethor with about the quality of an Altima, it was time to go. It was in the shop with suspension problems over 12 times!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Rob Nance

You guys are slow, I smell April Fools post.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:17 AM
syf0n

Originally posted by Rob Nance
You guys are slow, I smell April Fools post.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:35 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by ares
I understand the Z not being practicle, I knew that would happen to many, sad that people honestly kid themselves into thinking they can have a 2 seater car when they cant.

however what are you doing with a chevy avalanche? hopefully towing something? or hauling something? otherwise quit hogging the parking lots, driving up gas prices(yes supply, demand applies to gas prices), and most of all changing lanes without even caring what little car might be next to you since you could run them over.

anyway that is all, have fun with your new gas hog. youve now joined millions of soccer dads that refuse to admit it. (Im just playing with this last part cause I dont know you, tho 99% of people in SUVs do not need them or use them in any way that a minivan wouldnt better suit)
Sorry, but that is none of your business what he's doing (if this isn't a joke). Last time I checked, this is a free country. You can use your logic about SUVs and people not needing them on sports cars as well. After all, who needs 287 hp, when they could be driving a car with a much less powerful engine, more space, and much better gas mileage.

SUV haters just crack me up, especially when they drive sports cars.

To each their own.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:07 AM
Jason Bourne

Originally posted by MannishBoy

SUV haters just crack me up, especially when they drive sports cars.

To each their own.
Well I don't know. I hate SUVs because i can't imagine a better way to turn something I love (driving) into a dreadful chore. Driving an SUV is like driving a bus. There just isn't any fun in it. I respect the right of people to buy what they want with their money but I just feel so bad for them, knowing how crappy their vehicle is. That and they tend *overgeneralization mode* to be inconsiderate drivers who have no idea what they are doing. Pretty much every trully scary maneuver that I have witnessed on public roads has been caused by some bonehead SUV driver (generally on the phone).

Jason
Old 04-01-2003, 05:12 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Actually, a lot of SUVs are nice riding vehicles that give the advantage of safety and very good view of the road. I'd rather drive a nice SUV or truck over some of the luxury cars.

I've seen plenty of dumb driving in every type of car. I don't think SUV drivers have a monopoly. Plus, they generally aren't in the street racing crowd

Last edited by MannishBoy; 04-01-2003 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:20 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Plus, they generally aren't in the street racing crowd
Hee. Hee. My truck and a friend's Jeep used to be our get-away vehicles when we'd go watch. 4 wheel drive sure helped getting away from cops!
Old 04-01-2003, 07:53 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, a lot of SUVs are nice riding vehicles that give the advantage of safety and very good view of the road. I'd rather drive a nice SUV or truck over some of the luxury cars.

I've seen plenty of dumb driving in every type of car. I don't think SUV drivers have a monopoly. Plus, they generally aren't in the street racing crowd
they are nice driving cars cause they have independent suspensions, dont mistake that with an ACTUALY SUV. trucks do not have independent suspension, well they do if your never taking it off the pavement. in which case why not get a car that can do its best performance ON THE PAVEMENT, which I think a sports car would be.

I had a dodge ram for 3 years, slap me and call me sally if they ride halfway as nice as the Z, and the Z is a long way off from a regular sedan ride. they also have little power(I had a 5.9liter with 245hp and 300+torque) and I got 10mpg on a good day, no Im not even joking, filled up the tank once a week with 20gallon(26gallon tank) and I would be high if I drove 200miles a week.

anyway, thats all I have to say about SUVs, they are a waste of space.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:59 AM
wildone_106

Default http://www.stopsuvs.org/

http://www.stopsuvs.org/
Old 04-01-2003, 09:06 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jason Bourne
Driving an SUV is like driving a bus. There just isn't any fun in it. I respect the right of people to buy what they want with their money but I just feel so bad for them, knowing how crappy their vehicle is.
No fun in driving an SUV??? I love driving my Z, but I also love taking my 4WD Explorer off-roading. There are almost as many unpaved roads up in the mountains here as there are paved roads.

I'll agree that driving the SUV on pavement isn't as enjoyable as driving the Z on pavement, but taking it off-road is a LOT of fun.

I'll also agree that a lot of SUV drivers are bad drivers, but so are a lot of sportscar drivers.

Gary
Old 04-01-2003, 09:14 AM
injektilo

You guys make me laugh. All the stereotypes you place on suv drivers apply to people driving sports cars too. I've seen more than my fair share of people acting like idiots with more horespower than they need in a car. The only reason suvs get so much negative attention is beacuse they are popular.

Kevin
Old 04-01-2003, 09:52 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Default like a lot of you guys...

Impracticality on both sides... a Z and a Pathfinder in this family. Wife's Pathfinder up ahead.... after a mid-day lunch hookup last week during a vacation - drive day for me !

I love driving this SUV ... but then again... this Pathfinder has suspension mods and Recaro seats and as a result, it rides, drives, and feels great.
Attached Thumbnails Traded my Z today....For a.....-zz-drive-day-and-radar.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 10:33 AM
kaiser23

Actually, a lot of SUVs are nice riding vehicles that give the advantage of safety and very good view of the road.
SUV's safe? Where'd you hear this? Most SUV's rate WELL lower than your average car in crash tests. SUV's are notorious for doing poorly in crash tests. Though it is getting better.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:57 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

<SUV rant>

99% of SUV owners are the WORST drivers in the country. They have ZERO spatial sense, don't pay one bit of attention to the discipline of driving and have no regard for any other vehicle that HAS TO share the road with them. My favorite thing to do with every fratboy ******** or midget soccermom in an SUV is to lead them into hard sweepers and watch the spectacle in my rearview as they nearly roll their lumbering pieces of **** trying to match my speed.

I recently had the pleasure of witnessing one ******** slam his Escalade with 20s into the median as he tried to take off when he saw me coming up behind.

</SUV rant>
Old 04-01-2003, 11:03 AM
ddtreadway

Not sure why, Droid, but your comment about the Escalade guy just had me in stitches. Must be a visual thing, 'cause i could see the guy doing it.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Butterfly20

Originally posted by superman78
Thought you would like to know that I was getting 18.1 MPG in my z on premium gas, while I have averaged 17.7 on regular in the avalanche....hmmm?

Also since the Z was put togethor with about the quality of an Altima, it was time to go. It was in the shop with suspension problems over 12 times!
Let me tell you, if you think you'll be averaging better gas mileage you're wrong. The Z is supposed to get 20 average and you were getting 18, think of how your truck's gonna be. I have an expedition also and I'm only getting about 13 average, that's about 50$ plus a week on gas and that's only for 89. I hope having an suv will better fit your lifestyle cuz most of the time it was only me in the expi and that was definitely not worth it. Now I have my Z and it's way more practical.

Don't talk about quality of the Z either, it's just a way for you to justify the mistake you made by letting go of the Z. American is not gonna give you more quality than what you had before.

Quick Reply: Traded my Z today....For a.....