Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Has Anyone Added The Bose And Power Heated Leather Seats To The Track Model?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 10:06 AM
girlracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the 2004 Z's fitted with a better BOSE system? Specifically, anyone know if the UK spec cars are gonna suck as much as the US / Japan ones?! I know the Japan BOSE system sucks because I test drove one in January and it sounded like the factory-fitted stuff you get in cheap rental cars.

I had a pretty serious install in my last car (McIntosh 6-ch amp, Diamond Audio HEX components and Diamond Audio Mac Daddy 10" woofer). It was built for sound quality not loudness, so I know good when I hear it, and the BOSE was very disappointing.

Not that I'm expecting a factory fitted system to sound THAT great, but even the factory fitted stuff in my husband's Cooper S sounded better than the Z's BOSE - miles better...
Old 04-04-2003, 12:56 PM
qirex

one thing that i will concede is that the bose is VERY dependent on what you give it - Classic rock cds or stuff with no bass sounds pretty lame, but lucky for me - I listen to mostly r&B, house, D&B, 80s and hipshops oh and tons of zeppelin. Throw in Carasoulambra...

Oh well - lucky me my ears must SUXXORS!

Theres a thread in audi/nav/vid regarding dual din setups - do a search. I'll see if I can find it as well.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:05 PM
qirex

just got out of the car and listened to steely dan's AJA. Sounded GREAT
Old 04-05-2003, 12:29 PM
girlracer

qirex, your comment has cheered me up. I only heard the BOSE on test drives, which meant just radio... If it's better with CD's that's a big relief.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:06 PM
apsilon

Our Australian Track mode, comes with the power leather and BOSE as standard. I haven't driven one yet but the BOSE is something I'll be listening to carefully. If it's not right I'll be asking the dealer to drop further on the price to compensate me having to replace the system.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:55 AM
crewe

Thumbs up I stand corrected!

(This is Girlracer, posting under my other name!)

Heard the Bose today in a recent Z and it was amazing. No kidding

I went to my dealer today to drop of my deposit, and he had just taken delivery a week earlier of an 'ST' spec Japanese Z. He had bought it for himself to tide him over until delivery of his UK spec car next year, with the added bonus of having a 'prototype' car for us pre-orderer's to see.

He asked me if I'd heard the stereo, and I said I had briefly and that I was very unimpressed. He looked suprised, and offered me a sit in his Z. On the previous test drive I had only tried the radio and thought it sucked. But sitting in the car with a CD on cranked loud, I was actually bloody impressed. The bass from the sub behind the driver's seat kicked very hard but very clean (EXACTLY the sort of sound I would go for in an aftermarket install). The imaging was great with the 2 sets of front speakers angled as they are. The only problem was a bit of distortion through one set of the front speakers (mids I think) when he cranked it really high, but I'm talking volume up to 31 on the dial. Other than that, it sounded superb all round.

As I said before, I spent over £2000 (US $3k) on my last stereo installation and used some great gear to get sweet clear loud sound quality, and the sound from this Bose I heard today was not far off.

So it sounds to me like the later cars had some significant tweeking done to the system. REALLY glad I ordered the GT pack now
Old 04-10-2003, 02:23 PM
apsilon

We've had to shipments arrive now and a ot of people are still unimpressed. I'm still yet to hear it in person or drive one for that matter. Mine is due next week so hopefully it'll be a case of and not
Old 04-10-2003, 02:40 PM
qirex

Default Re: I stand corrected!

Originally posted by crewe
(This is Girlracer, posting under my other name!)

Heard the Bose today in a recent Z and it was amazing. No kidding

I went to my dealer today to drop of my deposit, and he had just taken delivery a week earlier of an 'ST' spec Japanese Z. He had bought it for himself to tide him over until delivery of his UK spec car next year, with the added bonus of having a 'prototype' car for us pre-orderer's to see.

He asked me if I'd heard the stereo, and I said I had briefly and that I was very unimpressed. He looked suprised, and offered me a sit in his Z. On the previous test drive I had only tried the radio and thought it sucked. But sitting in the car with a CD on cranked loud, I was actually bloody impressed. The bass from the sub behind the driver's seat kicked very hard but very clean (EXACTLY the sort of sound I would go for in an aftermarket install). The imaging was great with the 2 sets of front speakers angled as they are. The only problem was a bit of distortion through one set of the front speakers (mids I think) when he cranked it really high, but I'm talking volume up to 31 on the dial. Other than that, it sounded superb all round.

As I said before, I spent over £2000 (US $3k) on my last stereo installation and used some great gear to get sweet clear loud sound quality, and the sound from this Bose I heard today was not far off.

So it sounds to me like the later cars had some significant tweeking done to the system. REALLY glad I ordered the GT pack now
Well I'm happy that you like the sound. I know that I do!

Like I said, the system sounds better than my $2k aftermarket install. Granted, the bass sounds like it trails off at 50-60HZ, but the thing that impressed me the most is the lack of distortion up to the max volume.

Be warned however, the BOSE is VERY dependent on the music source. It wont make a tinny early beatles recording sound great.

It seems to like heavy, bass-heavy tunes.

Now you have to playthe waiting game