Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ugh... So sad

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 06:38 PM
themyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugh... So sad

I don't know what to do, but there is some good news and bad news that came out of the whole situation...

I was driving home on the Cross Island, taking that turn going into the Van Wyck, and there was a HUGE drop in the road that I didn't see, and BANG! I must've dropped 8 inches. The car seemed OK, but I took it into Westbury Nissan the next day just to make sure. I also dropped by for them to check out my transmission, and check out the tire road noise. One of my rims were curbed, and they made a HUGE fuss about it. "Oh you curbed your rim, thats why your tire is cupped." "You must beat on your car a lot there buddy, slow down!" That truly offended me. Just because I am a younger Z owner you accuse me of beating on my car? And furthermore, if I were to "beat" on my car, why is it only a single tire cupped on the INSIDE and not the other? There was significant damage done to my other wheel (the one with the uncupped tire, ironically)... The wheel wasn't even round anymore, it was some freakish shape that must've happened when I hit that big indentation in the road the other night. I acknowledged that. The quote for an OE 18" rim with new tire was $784. Well, either way NNA is getting an angry phone call from me tomorrow on how they treated me. I just wanted to vent a bit, but the good news is that it accelerated my plans for buying new aftermarket rims, I ended up getting the 18" TE37s in Mercury Silver wrapped in Bridgestone S03s... Can't wait. I figured since one of my rims is badly curbed, another in some freakish shape that no one can comprehend, I needed new rims anyway... And it will be offset by the money I get back from selling my rear rims. But I am still very upset at Westbury Nissan, and they will never again lay a finger on my car... NNA must hear how this dealership treated me as a person... their assumptions and lack of respect.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:57 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ugh... So sad

Originally posted by themyst
I don't know what to do, but there is some good news and bad news that came out of the whole situation...

I was driving home on the Cross Island, taking that turn going into the Van Wyck, and there was a HUGE drop in the road that I didn't see, and BANG! I must've dropped 8 inches. The car seemed OK, but I took it into Westbury Nissan the next day just to make sure. I also dropped by for them to check out my transmission, and check out the tire road noise. One of my rims were curbed, and they made a HUGE fuss about it. "Oh you curbed your rim, thats why your tire is cupped." "You must beat on your car a lot there buddy, slow down!" That truly offended me. Just because I am a younger Z owner you accuse me of beating on my car? And furthermore, if I were to "beat" on my car, why is it only a single tire cupped on the INSIDE and not the other? There was significant damage done to my other wheel (the one with the uncupped tire, ironically)... The wheel wasn't even round anymore, it was some freakish shape that must've happened when I hit that big indentation in the road the other night. I acknowledged that. The quote for an OE 18" rim with new tire was $784. Well, either way NNA is getting an angry phone call from me tomorrow on how they treated me. I just wanted to vent a bit, but the good news is that it accelerated my plans for buying new aftermarket rims, I ended up getting the 18" TE37s in Mercury Silver wrapped in Bridgestone S03s... Can't wait. I figured since one of my rims is badly curbed, another in some freakish shape that no one can comprehend, I needed new rims anyway... And it will be offset by the money I get back from selling my rear rims. But I am still very upset at Westbury Nissan, and they will never again lay a finger on my car... NNA must hear how this dealership treated me as a person... their assumptions and lack of respect.
so you don't think that curbing a rim is "beating your car"?? I sure DO. infact, I got new 18" wheels for my wifes 1.8t jetta, she has gotten a few very small scratches (very small), I ALWAYS get very upset anytime this happens, but better yet, she even gets more upset at herself................, yet, while going to a X-mas party, I was driving the car, and I was going into a parking slip, it was tight, and cars driving all over, I was hurrying the processs and wasn't familiar with the car as well as I should have been, I curbed the Right Rear, I would call that "beating the car", as a matter of fact I was so mad I felt like beating myself. I was pissed at myself, and I know my wife was mad (inside) as well, yet she handled it much better than I.

btw, if you do Curb a wheel, it very easily can screw up your alignment, so it the dealer has a valid excuse. It just so happens that there is a tire wear problem and many dealers don't know about it, and are looking for the possibilities of why it could happen, which a car out of align could do. Hopefully sooon Nissan will get the word out and the dealers will know more about this problem.

btw, I have a similar situation (again with my wifes Jetta) I have a GIAC chip and K&N drop in filter in there. it is a very well known fact that the MAF sensor they shipped with the cars are bad, and don;t last long, and VW is replacing them. Yet, I know that a K&N with the oil they use on the filter can screw up the MAF as well. I KNOW that mine was one of the cars that should have had teh MAF replaced by VW, yet, I didn't feel good asking them to fix it since there is a small % chance that it could have been the K&N. I ended up buying and replacing the MAF on my own dime and didn;t even ask for it to be warrenteed, I just figure that that is part my fault for modding.

I guess I really don't know what I am trying to say except that if there is a damaged part on a car that was done by the owner, many times the dealer will NOT take responsibility for a related problem.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:02 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but your suspension was ok? makes me feel good.

looks like you and me are in much the same boat, my te37s will be bronze tho, and theyll be here in about a week. I coulda helped you out with one of the front tires, but not both.

lemme know how the TE37s go for you.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Importlife.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ugh... So sad

Originally posted by themyst
I was driving home on the Cross Island, taking that turn going into the Van Wyck, and there was a HUGE drop in the road that I didn't see, and BANG! I must've dropped 8 inches.
Damn,

I now know not to go anywhere near the van wyk. The roads in Queens are horrible lately cuz of the sky train they are building. So fu@king annoying.