Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Has Anyone Added The Bose And Power Heated Leather Seats To The Track Model?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:30 AM
RANDY350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anyone Added The Bose And Power Heated Leather Seats To The Track Model?

I was just curious as to whether anyone has modified the track by adding the Bose stereo and the power -heated -leather seats too? This actually seems easy but a little costly. Any Ideas?
Old 04-01-2003, 06:12 PM
N74DV

I can understand adding the seats but the Bose..... man ... I seriously doubt anyone would install that piece of $hit.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:21 PM
all_bark

dude,

you got eight cars by my count and are wondering if people are putting the BOSE in their track models?

you might be able to drive (assumption based on 8 cars)
but you dam sure do not read!

NO ONE LIKES THE BOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:46 PM
RANDY350Z

I have read the posts on the Bose, I just thought maybe owners were exagerating??? I have a Bose system in mine and sounds really nice. I have turned the system on at the dealership but not while I was driving. I test drove a Track model. MAN, IS IT REALLY A PIECE OF ****?
Old 04-01-2003, 09:51 PM
all_bark

Actually mine is not as bad as so many people complain. Yea it is not that great, and yes I am dissapointed but it is not the WORST thing in the world. I would like better though.

If I had to do it again I would have gotten the performance and upgraded to leather and added a kick *** sound system.

No way I would EVER recommend putting a bose IN!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:54 PM
RANDY350Z

I guess the way to go is buy a fully loaded Track and add leather and if I want add a system later. I am glad I asked!!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:29 AM
drake3

The Bose is CRAP. I had a Bose factory system in my 94 ZX and it sounded great. Then I went to a 12 speaker factory Harman Kardon in my Bimmer, it was by far the best sounding system I have ever owned. But when I got my 350 I was sorely disappointed by the factory Bose. It is bad.

The 4 speaker 25-watt factory system in my 4-runner sounds better than the Bose in my Z.

People are not exaggerating. The sound engineer did a dis-service to Nissan when he created this system.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 AM
jplvr

I got a deal on a Touring, so I'm stuck with the Bose (instead of waiting for the Performance I was going to order). I wasn't too impressed with it on my test drive, but I'll be checking it out more this afternoon (I pick it up around 2 p.m. today or sooner, if someone would get in to the office and relieve me). After considering how much I would spend on aftermarket leather and the deal I'm getting, the Bose isn't costing me too much anyway.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:09 AM
MugenRD1

Randy350Z:

The cars you listed for the Honda's have VTEC, not VTECH

VTECH is the company that makes phones.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:43 AM
N74DV

to those who think the Bose is OK....

try adjusting your bass or treble... you'll soon see that the adjustments do almost nothing.

At least before the amp TSB mine would adjust bass and treble, now, post amp TSB, the controls do nothing.

It's pathetic.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:45 AM
6kLaunch

Originally posted by N74DV
to those who think the Bose is OK....

try adjusting your bass or treble... you'll soon see that the adjustments do almost nothing.

At least before the amp TSB mine would adjust bass and treble, now, post amp TSB, the controls do nothing.

It's pathetic.
Your testomony and others like your have convinced me to keep my old amp and just live with it.

I have found that the fade adjustment contributes a lot towards how it sounds. Fade to the rear, it sounds terrible, move the fade forward, it sounds better, but not good. The treble adjustment just doens't do much. I set the treble at 5 and the base 2 for CD's. The FM radio is just pathetic, no mids or highs.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
girlracer

I ordered 'track' with bose and leather - it's called 'GT' spec in the UK.

We only have 2 choices, but both are basically 'Track' models, with the 'GT' being 'Touring' + 'Track'.

BASE: (UK£24,000 = US$37,500)
ESP
Brembo brakes
18" Nissan alloys
Xenon lights
Front, Side & Curtain airbags
Carbon cloth seats
Trip computer
6-CD in dash change

BASE OPTIONS:
18" RAYS alloys

GT SPEC: (UK£26,500 = US$41,500)
ESP
Brembo brakes
18" Nissan alloys
Xenon lights
Front, Side & Curtain airbags
Heated electric charcoal leather seats
BOSE 6-CD in-dash changer plus 7-speaker "system"
Cruise control
Trip computer

GT SPEC OPTIONS:
18" RAYS alloys
Orange leather (seats, shiftknob, handbrake, steering wheel)

So basically, if you want leather and heated/electric seats, you need to get the GT which means getting the BOSE and the useless cruise control.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - if you get the GT, you get it THIS YEAR. Base models don't arrive for ages...
Old 04-02-2003, 10:34 AM
PATILFORD

Girlracer,
Has your dealer confirmed your have one of the 450 due in October? Mine is supposed to be No 73!
Whats happening with your Tuscan when your 350Z arrives? I used to be a TVR man but £14.000 depreciation in 2 years on my Griff 500 put me off ever owning another.Hopefully the 350z will hold it`s value much better.
Hope you dont think I am too nosey buy what kind of musician are you? I certainly like your taste in cars.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:15 PM
girlracer

Hi Patilford,

Well I got my Tuscan 2nd hand so I think most of the depreciation has happened (down from £40k to £27k in 2 years...) Only way I could afford one.

I am planning to keep both cars for as long as I can afford to . The Tuscan is too good to give up at the moment - this will be my first summer with her - but I must say I am not relishing the idea of 360bhp and no driver aids at all come winter time, which is exactly when I'll wish I had a Z instead (or as well as!).

Of course this may change - if I find that I'm just driving the Z all the time and not using the Tuscan enough I may have to sell it, but I think even in 12 months the most I would lose on it would be about £2-£3k. It's a good 'un and I got it at a good price.

My music? I write short catchy pop songs, often about cars...
Check out http://www.thesuddenmoves.com. The single coming out in June is called 'Drive It Like You Stole It' and you can download an mp3 at the site. Hope ya like it.

Sally

Edited to say: Yep, dealer confirmed my order a couple of weeks ago. I was the 4th pre-order at my dealer. Should get the car in October.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:42 AM
PATILFORD

Hi Sally,
Excellent track, to say you are into cars in a big way is a bit of an understatment! why aren`t more girls like you? you must let us know if you are ever up in Yorkshire with your band.

Your right about the Tuscan in winter, I hardly used my Griff October to March, it was lethal in bad weather & your Tuscan has 50 more brake! still you did get a great deal & it would be a shame not to get a couple of summers out of her.

When we get our 350Z we must try & arrange a meet for all the British guy`s & gals. Perhaps Donnington Park, that`s about in the middle of the country. I will be there on Sunday to see the first round of the GT`s & formula 3.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:09 AM
qirex

the bose sounds fine (actually good)...quit whining.

This bs about the bass/treble not working is just that BS. They *DONT* work when the volume is greater than "20" to prevent clipping, but below that level - they do affect the bass and treble.

Yes, the sound sounds bad when faded to the rear. I attribute this to the fact that there MUST be some active equalization plus the effect of crossovers going on. Seriosly, its a two person car. The rear speakers dont provide the bass.

IIf you havent upgraded your amp - you need top do it *NOW*. It will sound so much better - that you may actually go out on a limb and say...Yeah...this does sound pretty good!

If you're worried simply tell the svc guy whats on your brain and ask him to keep the old stuff handy in case you have to put it back in.

Cmon guys...I'm no sound engineer - and neither are you guys, but a stereo is pretty damn simple. Have you ever wondered why the bose doesnt clip? or marveled at how unobtrusive the audiopilot is (with the new amp). I think that there's a little more something complex than a straight 2channel stereo, 1 channel mono sub with a passive crossover going on here. Give the bose guys a *little* credit. Aftermarket systems ALWAYS kick - but honestly, the bose sounds a little better than my last clarion/sony es/kenwood/kicker system in my prelude. Granted the bose cant match the 20-40HZ range that the 10" kicker in a sealed box did - but everything else (sans adjustment over "20" , lack of DSP) sounds better.

Plus, IMO, aftermarket stereos in the 350z so far all look like *** - with the exception of that double-din sony japanese model.

just my $.02
Old 04-04-2003, 07:04 AM
D C

What is the cost of adding leather to the track model in the U.S.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:57 AM
ricka

qirex:

I have the base system and was hoping to upgrade into a Bose or aftermarket, but you're right about them looking like ***. So do you have the name of the double-din that looks good? Tks
Old 04-04-2003, 08:20 AM
girlracer

Hi Sally,
Excellent track, to say you are into cars in a big way is a bit of an understatment! why aren`t more girls like you? you must let us know if you are ever up in Yorkshire with your band.
Thanks Paul Much appreciated. We will probably be up your way in the summer - will let you know.

Why aren't more girls like me? Ummm... dunno, the losers! They're missing out on a lot of fun, that's all I know.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:49 AM
drake3

Originally posted by qirex
Cmon guys...I'm no sound engineer - and neither are you guys, but a stereo is pretty damn simple.
You're right, by profession I am not a sound engineer nor claim to be. However, I do know what sounds good and what sounds like CRAP. I can compare sounds systems because I was driving 3 cars for just myself for about 2 weeks.

The 350z's Bose sound system cannot hold up in sound quality to even average, mainstream cars.

I like good sound and I don't get it from my Bose. Like I said, I compared it to my 328Ci and my 4-runner. I don't claim be an audiophile, but I have a very nice H/K, Boston Acoustics sound system and I am into high resolution audio (SACD, HDCD and DVD-audio). I know what my ears like. I know what clean sound is. While I don't expect the Bose be at that level I do expect it to have a quality, warm sound. My 350z's Bose produces something that sounds like it should be coming from my tinny, mono alarm clock.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Added The Bose And Power Heated Leather Seats To The Track Model?