Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003 | 04:04 PM
Zrated909

hey man dont feel so bad. i just did pretty much the same thing you did to my Z. I did about 5000 in damage. dont feel to bad. haha the z shall return hehe
Old 04-02-2003 | 05:04 PM
jfive

hope this makes you feel better i crashed mine with only 800 miles. ow ya 10,000 $ worth. i feel your pain
Old 04-02-2003 | 05:07 PM
abz123

That's really cool MastaKillaZ!

Who put the voodoo curse on ya Ares. That stinks. Hope the luck changes for the better.
Old 04-02-2003 | 06:26 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well I actually already bid on a set of rims on ebay, of which Ill sell one off that I dont need, to myst since he needs the front tire I dont. win win for us all.

however I REALLY appreciate the offer, I honestly would not take it just cause I know you can get more, and I hope that you do. but thank you again.

my parents took it pretty well, Im just very happy that I didnt hit anything but the bumper, quarter panel and hatch are untouched, and tail light. so most likely I will get a body kit rear, since they are cheaper than a stock rear, get it painted, and Im set.

once the rims and all that come, put it on, and drive the car to a shop to get checked out, or atleast park it on a FLAT SURFACE and jack it up to check out underbody and clean out the grass that apparently is impairing parking break function.

thanks for all the help and what not, gonna call motorsports tomarrow and see if the passenger rear turn signal is ok, if so, Ill get that.
Old 04-02-2003 | 06:37 PM
importriders

Man, can you feel the love.... All is not lost in this world. Thank you Masta and Ares for helping me keep my faith in humanity alive.
Old 04-02-2003 | 06:47 PM
MastaKillaZ

cool deal ares... glad to hear that you're gonna keep the Z.

that settled, please ignore all my PM's telling you to call me re: the wheels and tires.

oh ares, considering your recent string of luck, when you jack up the Z to check the underbody make sure it's stable, k? better yet, use a lift man... use a lift... no need to tap dance on the minefield, ya know what I'm sayin??? best of luck.

Last edited by MastaKillaZ; 04-02-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2003 | 07:28 PM
JZC

Glad your ok, and stuff is working out.
Old 04-02-2003 | 07:32 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

oh Ill be jacking it up in my garage, with doors closed, and all the wheels stopped on both sides.
Old 04-03-2003 | 05:37 AM
Kraigman

I curbed my left front in December, Ares. Nothing was bent - my initial worry - but my wheel had one hell of a ding in it - tire was not flat. You may want to have your bearings checked. Even after I mounted my TE-37's and Toyo's I was getting a resonating vibration starting at about 38 mph. I replaced the bearing and the problem was gone.

Actually it was a bearing 'assembly.'

Last edited by Kraigman; 04-03-2003 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2003 | 06:35 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well for those interested, I have 2 rims with scratches on them, they are otherwise ok, I THINK. I will have to look at them better later, its a front and a rear, if for some reason someone wants these, I have no reason to keep them, obviously damaged rims would got for well under normal price. I really have no clue what anyone would want them for, but who knows, maybe some winter beater rims.... I donno, just seein if anyone wants some cheap *** 18" for somethin.

I really dont know the full condition of them... just offering them if someone needs em for reasons I dont know. if anyone thinks they want em, Ill get pictures of em in a few weeks when I can move the car again.
Old 04-03-2003 | 10:33 AM
shinjiro212

sorry to hear about your car ares...may god grant you the serenity and peace of mind you deserve...and also, in the future, please try to drive with a little more caution...
Old 04-03-2003 | 02:39 PM
xray

Default Pics

Ares,

Can you post pics of the damage? It will satisfy those curious about all this grass, wheel damage and such. I am especially concerned about suspension damage, since even at a low speed < 20 I suffered a dead wheel bearing.

-Xray
Old 04-03-2003 | 03:35 PM
Poison123
Google Bot

Is it just me or does this forum have ALOT of accidents. Kinda sad, Ares your lucky with your parents, I know alot of parents would have kicked their kids @ss and taken the car and left them with nothing.
Old 04-03-2003 | 07:04 PM
Ozz

Default Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck!

It sounds like things are on a turn for the better. Keep your head up. I'm amazed at the generosity and good will that has been shown by people on this forum. Amazed but not surprized if that makes any sense. At least you weren't hurt.
Hang in there
Oz
Old 04-03-2003 | 07:11 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

I dont have a camera, or Id take pics. its probably not as bad as you all think, not from the outside, my parents came and were actually happy cause they expected a peice of bent metal, and all they saw was a dented bumper and 2 flat tires. once I get the tires situated Im going to pull the bumper out, replace the light, and leave it like that for a little while, then Ill replace the rear bumper with most likely a ings +1 or a veilside V3(only the rear of it).

right now the car is in athens which is not a major city, just a college town, so basicly we want tires, then we will drive the car back to atlanta and get it checked out. there we can get a better shop to look at the suspension. and from what I hear, check the bearings.
Old 04-03-2003 | 07:52 PM
LocoStrange

Hey, just be grateful for ur health. Thats the most important thing
Old 04-03-2003 | 08:41 PM
nosuchsol

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. I bought my second Z when I turned 19 - loved the Z31 so much I had to get the Z32. =) Have fun, repair it, and be back on the road.
Old 04-03-2003 | 10:21 PM
xray

Originally posted by ares
I dont have a camera, or Id take pics. its probably not as bad as you all think, not from the outside, my parents came and were actually happy cause they expected a peice of bent metal, and all they saw was a dented bumper and 2 flat tires. once I get the tires situated Im going to pull the bumper out, replace the light, and leave it like that for a little while, then Ill replace the rear bumper with most likely a ings +1 or a veilside V3(only the rear of it).

right now the car is in athens which is not a major city, just a college town, so basicly we want tires, then we will drive the car back to atlanta and get it checked out. there we can get a better shop to look at the suspension. and from what I hear, check the bearings.
What about the camera you used for the in-car PC install?

Off-topic:
The veilside kit is pretty cool. I actually like the nose from Stillen, it's more muted.

-Xray
Old 04-03-2003 | 10:42 PM
xray

Originally posted by ares

What about the camera you used for the in-car PC install?

Off-topic:
The veilside kit is pretty cool. I actually like the nose from Stillen, it's more muted.

-Xray
Old 04-04-2003 | 08:09 AM
CLS

Ares I stopped by yesterday and checked it out. It took me a minute to find it though. All I saw at first was a dull yellow Z and then I realized that was yours. The damage didnt look bad from what I could see. I was trying to look under the car but these things are so low anyway that it is much harder when its sittin on flats. I should have taken pics with my digital camera. When do you plan on getting tires?

Quick Reply: Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*