2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003 | 07:13 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

Default Crashed My Car AGAIN

yes, not april fools, for real, did about 45 over a sharp hill, hit a sewege thing, and either that blew out the tire, or just made the car go sideways. but the passenger side rear is off the rim, other side rear and driver front are flat, rims are ****ed

under carriage is full of grass, unsure of damage. will go into detail in a little while.

Last edited by ares; 04-02-2003 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2003 | 07:15 PM
Moroccan_Mole

im sorry to hear that.

Old 04-01-2003 | 07:16 PM
Stone Z

Unhappy

DAMN!

Well, at least you're ok and you might get some cool aftermarket rims out of the deal, but I'm sure that doesn't ease the pain of your crash.

Sorry, man
Old 04-01-2003 | 07:16 PM
PhoenixINX

dude... that SUCKKKKKKKS.

SLOW DOWN on the road....

More importantly... glad you're okay. Keep us posted.
Old 04-01-2003 | 07:22 PM
Jill

Glad you're okay... Sorry!
Old 04-01-2003 | 07:24 PM
Importlife.com

glad you are ok man. Sorry about the misfortune. Hope you get her back soon.
Old 04-01-2003 | 07:58 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

ok, well heres the current thought, approximatly 70feet from the entrance of the complex, where I turned onto the road(in 2nd gear doing about 5-10mph)

I pulled out, I stepped on it, being honest here. foot to the floor, got to about 40mph and crested the hill, right there after is a sewer hole. I hit that with the passeger side tires. after hitting the rear tire, the car went crazy, the back end went straight to the right, heading the car for the median.

I attempted to correct for what I believed to be a severe, unwanted drift, but that did no good, car continued to skate around with zero rear traction.

finally the car caught, and went straight at the median. now this road is 2 seperate sides, seperated by a sharp median hill of grass. about 15 feet between the roads, and 10foot difference in hight, be being on the low road.

so I slide up the hill, do a 360 and slide back down and into the street facing the proper direction.

during the 360, I was 100% sure I was flipping, the car went onto 2 wheels, but did not complete it, thank god.

so after its all said and done, my first reaction, not a good one, but I started the car, it cranked for about a second and turned over. in the action I had not put in the clutch, not good, but I believe the engine is fine, it now cranks just fine. and runs smooth.

the damage seems to be isolated to the tires, both drivers side hit the curb, slicing the sidewalls and scaping both rims. on the passenger side the front tire is A-0k while the back is half off the rim. Odd.

I then did a not so good thing, but only thing I could do, I drove it the quarter of a mile back to the apartment, flat tires and all. I just wanted it to be safe where I could keep it till sunlight.

I then went out with a flashlight, and looked underneith. my Z has one of the nicest lawns underneith it, that youll ever see. it is WEDGED with grass. also it would seem the tail pipes it becuse the driver side is compressed and pushed up.

wierd thing is, there is not a scratch to anything that I can see... apparently nothing hit the curb, only the grass which couldnt do any damage.

the muffler actually has a sticker type covering which was pulled away in a spot, but the metal is untouched.

untill I get a better look with a jack and some stands, Im gonna say the tires are trash, and the rest is fine.... no body damage other than grass EVERYWHERE on the car.

the front bumper didnt even hit the curb... no clue how.

anyway, now the problem becomes, I just spent 500$ on a computer, I will not be getting the screen anytime soon. and I need new tread, but I also need new rims. I would just push up my tire and tread mod, but I dont have the money for the rims I want, and I hate to buy 4 new tires for a tire size I dont intend to keep... but sadly I see no alternative.

so anyway, Im looking for suggestions for a tread that will fit stock 18" rims with stock fit(dont want wider or taller or anything) good quality, but no more than 100$ a peice. if anyone can suggest a good tire, thatd be great.
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:13 PM
RainmanZ

Default Potential Tires

Ares. I am sorry for your misfortune. Glad you are not hurt.

I do not know if this is still available but it is worth an attempt at contacting him.

Robert

Zship
350z Newbie

Give awards / warnings
FS: New OEM 18" Bridgestone Tires
I have 4 of the 18" Bridgestone RE040 tires for sale. They have 4.2 miles on them. I will sell them $100 ea. plus shipping.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:17 PM
Importlife.com

Hey Ares,

I still have my stock Bridgestone RE40, 6000 miles on them. If you are interested let me know. I have been trying to sell them for a while. I was asking $400+shipping on the classified several weeks ago.

Let me know. I would freight these to you and ship them at a local wheel/tire shop. an estimate on shipping is $80.

Matt
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:22 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

I may take up either of those offers, gotta make sure the car is ok in the morning, look underneith, pull all the grass out(there is ALOT) and check it out for scrapes and dings.

then check the backside of tires and rims to see if I can figure why the hell that tire pushed into the rim from the outside... I didnt hit a curb in that direction, and it is the rim that hit the sewer. also gotta be sure the rims arent cracked. another concern is suspension, afraid I bent something...
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:28 PM
hfm

Glad to hear you're okay.

Last edited by hfm; 04-01-2003 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:32 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

well now that Im calming down, and coming to terms with it, some comedy to lighten the mood.

as we got back and parked and were looking at it, my roomate says, you think the tire blew off the rim? isnt bridgestone same as firestone?

hah hah hah... yeah not too funny, and the tread did not explode like the firestones were, so dont worry, but it made me chuckle.
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:46 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

just looking for some reassurance, but by spinning the car, stalling it of course, and most likely having the engine turn backwards, did I do damage? assuming it cranks and runs, think its ok?
Old 04-01-2003 | 08:57 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Sorry to read of your misfortune, ares. You are one of the most helpful guys on here & have provided some great input for this car novice.
Old 04-01-2003 | 09:06 PM
zeroday

very glad you are not hurt, doesn't sound like there was much you could do to avoid it.

...on a side note...i'm guessing our new insurance rates for next year will be delivered to us all with a bottle of KY lube.
We have an accident here every other day...this is not normal??

Last edited by zeroday; 04-01-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2003 | 09:11 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

no insurance company will know anything of this, there is no police report even. no one else involved. I wonder if VDC would have helped, I turned it off. but I dont think it woulda helped this...
Old 04-01-2003 | 09:13 PM
importriders

I would definitley check to see if your axles and stuff are alright. Most likely this was all caused by the manhole cover. Same exact thing happened to me. Although everything looked okay, my alignment was to ****. I was fortunate though cause my tires wwere still intact and I had no other damage because in south carolina they dont have curbs, they have ditches. I just ended up in a ditch after I did 3 360's. Those manhole covers are like black ice.

Oh and VDC wouldn't have saved you in that situation.

Last edited by importriders; 04-01-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2003 | 09:41 PM
all_bark

glad to hear your ok.

I think the car is fine. you scared yourself alot more than any actual damage to the car.

take up importlife.com on his tires. he sent me the track rims and delivered everything, just like he said.

HEY IMPORTLIFE - cut the guy a little slack on the price. He is a brother and in need of a little help. You have a little room to negotiate, I know!

good luck
Old 04-01-2003 | 09:54 PM
chan816

omg...

-_-
Old 04-02-2003 | 02:16 AM
Zmoney

Sorry to hear about that bro! Glad you are ok. And to think you were only doing 40mph?

Quick Reply: Crashed My Car AGAIN*new crash, life sucks*