Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The RICIEST Z ever! Say it aint so!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 10:53 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm grateful for all the people that go heavily modified on their cars......it helps me decide whether or not to do those things to my car
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2003, 08:02 AM
TonyZXT

jtree007, your post is dead on!!

I agree totally with what you guys said, except one little thing, there are people being "opinionated" on this forum on any subject we can think of, that's kind of what we are here for, to SHARE our point of view. Think about your least favorite food, now imagine that one person attempts to share that food with you, ok fine, no big deal you can politely deny it. Now imagine another person tries to offer you that food over and over again, shoving it front of you, now it kind of feels like they are trying to force feed you that food. Not going to be a happy camper with that second person, right? There are a FEW people on this site who seem to pride themself on going into most of the threads about modifications, and spouting rice rice rice, over and over again. Well it got old a long time ago. Restating your opinion on the same tired old subject for the 347th time, is that why we are here? I don't know, but who needs it?
Old 04-06-2003, 03:10 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by TonyZXT
nosuchsol, well we don't see eye to eye on that issue, but that's cool, I'm not going to restate my opinion and try and shove my opinion down your throat. As far as I'm concerned we can agree to disagree and that's cool with me. BTW, nice sig, I noticed what you wrote in it a while back, and thought that was a cool way to change up that quote.
BIG FAN of LOTR - read the books a long time ago - Movies are great. =) Also can't wait for the next matrix - anyone watch the animatrix freebies? http://www.thematrix.com/
Old 04-06-2003, 04:14 PM
ainfante19
Banned

Old 04-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Ven

TonyZXT, well put. Preach it.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:50 PM
retrodog

Isn't Pat just expressing his opinion when he goes ranting. Kind of like the starter of this thread.

Well as an "old fart" (42) I've seen many things of this type. It seems that every generation wants to come up with something new to define themselves. The same is true of cultures. The whole rice thing used to (and still does) seem silly to many. Kind of like having your pants hanging down below your but with your underwear showing. The aluminum plate fins on the back of cars. The lowering kits on jeeps. The racing stripes on cars were at one time considered tacky (rice like) by many, and maybe still are. No matter what you do to a car, there will always be some self-appointed purist snob to call it by some name. The "rice" thing is just what's going on now.

If you're gonna be "rice" then you'd better get used to getting call that. You made the choice and that's just the way things go. Now grow up, grow a pair, and quit making your hair fall out from stressing over it.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:43 PM
TonyZXT

Thumbs down Talk about lack of civility

Originally posted by retrodog
Isn't Pat just expressing his opinion when he goes ranting. Kind of like the starter of this thread.

Well as an "old fart" (42) I've seen many things of this type. It seems that every generation wants to come up with something new to define themselves. The same is true of cultures. The whole rice thing used to (and still does) seem silly to many. Kind of like having your pants hanging down below your but with your underwear showing. The aluminum plate fins on the back of cars. The lowering kits on jeeps. The racing stripes on cars were at one time considered tacky (rice like) by many, and maybe still are. No matter what you do to a car, there will always be some self-appointed purist snob to call it by some name. The "rice" thing is just what's going on now.

If you're gonna be "rice" then you'd better get used to getting call that. You made the choice and that's just the way things go. Now grow up, grow a pair, and quit making your hair fall out from stressing over it.
Hmmm, I'm really kind of perplexed by that post, seems like you're half agreeing with me, and then you write the comment at the end. I thought I made it perfectly clear that it is the people who are getting called rice, who aren't doing anything ricey to their cars that have the problem with the usage of the word "rice" So the comment "if you're gonna be "rice" then............." seems to ignore the context of the post. I'm not really sure who you are talking to when you say "grow up, and grow a pair.....", but since you ended the sentence with "quit making your hair fall out from stressing over it" I have to asume you meant that for me. Now some comments have been made concerning the name calling, and lack of civility in this post. Honestly, nothing I have said has been personally aimed at anyone here, and doesn't hold a candle to the lack of civility, and intelligence that it takes to tell someone you don't know to "grow a pair." I would hardly think that there is enough frame of reference in this post or any of my others on here for you to decide that about me. Not quite sure what I said to make it that personal to someone, what a joke!

As for the fist sentence in your post, I'd say that no, trying to take our fist amendment rights away in the name of religion is nothing like the starter of this thread.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:29 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see at least two significant differences between what George Carlin was saying and what Pat Robertson was saying:

1. Carlin was merely offering an alternative to the unhappy person's current situation. If you don't like what you are listening to, you have the power to change it for yourself. This is VERY different than what Robertson was offering, which was basically that it doesn't matter what you like, but instead what he likes, and he will change it for you. In Carlin's case, the ability and responsibility of each person to decide for themselves is maintained. In Robertsons case, you no longer are able to make your own choice, and instead others make it for you. These two ideas, while similar on the surface (since both require a person to change something), are completely different in detail and in practice.

2. Carlin is a decent comedian with a small-medium, but faithful, group of fans. He has very little political pull and his blunt, up front manner lets everyone know where he stands. Robertson has much greater political influence, money, and attempts to make his bids for power look as though he his helping everyone, when in fact he has only his own interests (and the interests of those who have the same opinion as he does) in mind.

As far as rice goes, to me it is a modification that reduces the performance of the vehicle in that area. (i.e. driving performance mods that don't increase driving performance, stereo mods that don't improve the stereo, etc). I don't care if someone's car is completely ricey, and I don't care if anyone thinks my car is completely ricey. Although I may laugh and not quite understand what the ricer in quesition is thinking, I really do like that fact that at least they have the guts and enthusiasm to personalize their car. I think you gotta respect that, no matter how insane their mods may be.

-D'oh!

Last edited by D'oh; 04-07-2003 at 10:31 PM.