Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The RICIEST Z ever! Say it aint so!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 08:52 AM
TonyZXT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The RICIEST Z ever! Say it aint so!! :(

Time for a little history lesson boys and girls. Back in the day there was a ****, Fascist @$$hole named Pat Robertson. Well good ol' pat thinks that EVERYTHING is satanic, in much the same way that some certain people around here think that EVERYTHING is rice. Pat had a list of satanic things that he publicly denounced on a regular basis, he included things like Rock and Roll, Dungeons and Dragons, and that evil of all evils "Heavy Metal" But he, much like rice haters went too far, he had to go and say that things like the Smurfs were satanic. C'mon now Pat you lunatic, who's going to take you seriously when you say %@#! like that.

Luckily we have people like George Carlin who gave pat and others like him a little advise. "There's two little round ***** on your radio, and low and behold, with one of them, you can CHANGE THE $!@%ING STATION" In other words don't try and decide what I can listen to, if you don't like it don't listen to it.

What does this have to do with rice you ask? The modification forums are kind of like radio stations, if you think that every little modification someone can do to their car is RICE, and all you do is reply to people's posts with RICE RICE RICE, then maybe you shouldn't tune into forums like "Appearance / Interiors" If you know you don't like mods like this, why be a Pat Robertson type, and act like you are the be all-end all expert on what people should and shouldn't do to their cars.
Old 04-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Old Skooler

You know, that's a pretty ricey old Z you got in your avatar there....
Old 04-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Z-Freak
Charter Member #12

"AMEN"
Old 04-05-2003, 09:22 AM
phreezee

Thumbs up

Amen to that!!!!!

I feel the exact same way!!!

The term way overly subjective and as a result anybody can label anything RICE. I'm sick of it.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:36 AM
ztom

The ZCCA, once the national Z Car Club, now international, has a large assortment of car show judging rules. The Z's are broken down by Model and by Class. The classes are:
(1) Stock
(2) Daily Driver (75k+ miles)
(3) Street Modified
(4) Nissan Modified (16+ mods)
(5) Ultra Modified

Some (purists?) would say that all but the Stock Class (and non-modified Daily Drivers) are RICE. Others would say only the Ultra's are RICE. Me? All are Z's, not Civics, and therefore not RICE.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:27 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Besides

Besides, who wants their Z called a food group.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:51 AM
nosuchsol

Default Re: The RICIEST Z ever! Say it aint so!! :(

Originally posted by TonyZXT
Luckily we have people like George Carlin who gave pat and others like him a little advise. "There's two little round ***** on your radio, and low and behold, with one of them, you can CHANGE THE $!@%ING STATION" In other words don't try and decide what I can listen to, if you don't like it don't listen to it.
Same holds true for George Carlin - If he doesn't want to listen to Pat Robertson he can change the channel. double standard. =) And I'm not sticking up for pat robertson - just that everyone has an opinion and there's generally a place for an opinion. If someone asks what ppl think about said car then they are subject to whatever opinions people have. BUT, if I'm walking by parking lot and see a guy getting out of a civic and call him an idiot then I haven't used proper judgement in picking the right time and place for said comment.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:39 PM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its kinda funny, the same members on this forum that call rice also does things to their car that i would consider ricy.

if someone has a wing, a bodykit, or rims does that make them a ricer? Hell...some would consider clear sidemarkers ricy..does that make you a ricer if you have them?

so if these members dont like the way you mod ur car then ur a ricer....oohhh please.

Last edited by trash259; 04-05-2003 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:44 PM
rjsmit1

Why the name calling? Could you have made the point without it. Seems that we are losing our civility.

Time for a little history lesson boys and girls. Back in the day there was a ****, Fascist @$$hole named Pat Robertson. Well good ol' pat thinks that EVERYTHING is satanic, in much the same way that some certain people around here think that EVERYTHING is rice. Pat had a list of satanic things that he publicly denounced on a regular basis, he included things like Rock and Roll, Dungeons and Dragons, and that evil of all evils "Heavy Metal" But he, much like rice haters went too far, he had to go and say that things like the Smurfs were satanic. C'mon now Pat you lunatic, who's going to take you seriously when you say %@#! like that.

What does this have to do with rice you ask? The modification forums are kind of like radio stations, if you think that every little modification someone can do to their car is RICE, and all you do is reply to people's posts with RICE RICE RICE, then maybe you shouldn't tune into forums like "Appearance / Interiors" If you know you don't like mods like this, why be a Pat Robertson type, and act like you are the be all-end all expert on what people should and shouldn't do to their cars.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Pat1USMC

That was actually a well thought out post. I guess you're right. To each his own....
Old 04-05-2003, 03:42 PM
TonyZXT

To address the name calling, (rjsmit1 I asume you are refering to what I said about Pat Robertson?) I know that it is a bit childish, but I have to confess to getting a little PO'ed when Pat Robertson comes to mind. I wouldn't normally go around calling people who I don't agree with names, but Pat is a special case. Not to get into too deep a discussion on him, but I'll just remind folks of a few points about him, to illustrate why I would hate the man enough to resort to name calling. If he had his way the first amendment would have been history long ago. He is one of the most extreme Christians on the planet, he is an embarrassment to normal non-extremist Christians. He is one of the worlds biggest theives! CBN, his company that airs the 700 club amongst other things takes good peoples money in the name of charity, and uses it to build his marble empire right here in Virginia Beach. If that man had his way, we would have none of the rights that make this country great. Anyway, if you want to know more about the horrible crap that man does under the guise of religion, just do a search on google, and dig a little, you may be a little shocked at what you find. Enough on that subject.

Old Skooler: I think you said that jokingly, haha! Just in case you were being serious though I will point out that it only has two apearance mods, the headlight covers (don't see any rice there) and the BBS style wheels (actually Volk SF winnings) that are common on GT2-GT3 race cars, so obviously that's not a rice mod. Again I asume you are just kidding, so my previous description was probably pointless, but just in case.

nosuchsol: Pat Robertson was attempting to take our rights of free speech away, and George Carlin was poking fun at the old codger, and making a valid counter point. Really now, who would you side with?

My post may seem to be a little provocative/contraversial, but then sometimes you have to shock people in order to make them take a second look at their views/behaviors.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:46 PM
WayneTN

Time for a little history lesson boys and girls. Back in the day there was a ****, Fascist @$$hole [rest of rant mercifully deleted]
Man, you're having a hard day aren't you? There's no need to call people names. When you post on a public forum you get comments from the public. Don't be surprised if everyone is not drooling over your car or blasting heavy metal at 120 db's. Everyone is not like you.

P.S. - As far as I know, Pat Robertson doesn't even have a Z, but if he did, it would probably last longer than yours....get over it.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
TonyZXT

Hmmm, not having a hard day, pretty good one actually. Wanted to rant, went back and read it, and feel just fine about it. Knowing what a horrible human being he is, I wouldn't feel the SLIGHTEST bit bad about calling him far far worse than that. If you knew as much about him as I do, you would probably think much worse of him also.

No sorry to burst your bubble, I don't need people to drool over my car nor have I ever done anything ricey to my cars. As for blasting heavy metal, who cares what I'm blasting or not, the point is I could be a die-hard country fan, and if Pat Robinson, or Tipper Gore, or any of the other censorship people tried to ban Gangsta rap, metal, or any other kind of music, I'd stand up like any good American should and give 'em the international sign for "you're # 1!". There are some people in this world who diserve allot worse than name calling. Are you telling me you would't call Osama Bin Laden names if you were given the oportunity?

Pat might not be as bad as terrorists, but he's still a dispicable human being, that preys on the elderly to pad his own bank account. I happen to have known a lady, who had advanced stages of alzheimers, who was milked of her life savings by the lovely people at CBN. Instead of inheriting the family home when she died, my friends were left to pay for everything, because of Pat and his religious goons. The case against CBN never even got off the ground, because they have a team of shark lawyers on retainer that quickly squash any attempts at suing them.

So Wayne, while I thank you for mercifully deleting the rest of my rant, it is quite obvious that you misunderstood the whole point of my post. Hope you have as nice of a day as I have had.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:47 PM
nosuchsol

nosuchsol: Pat Robertson was attempting to take our rights of free speech away, and George Carlin was poking fun at the old codger, and making a valid counter point. Really now, who would you side with?
It's the same thing. Pat Robertson was telling people what they should and shouldn't do. George Carlin was telling ol' Pat what he should do(actually he was telling those that don't like something what they should do - not just Pat).

Pat - "I don't like it so you should change"
George - "You don't like it so you should change"

It's all the same - people trying to tell other people what to do. In some cases there's truth and others there aren't.

I'm not with anyone side. Personally I find George a little too harsh for my comedy. And I don't find Pat to be a sincere person(and the pink haired lady either). Man will be man.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Importlife.com

I nominate myself as the owner of the "riciest" Z.

I could care less who and when people use the above term. But i also understand why people are offended. As an Asian American it irks me but hey, my black friends call each other ni@@a, so go figure.

How's this...I propose we use a new term when you want to say "RICE." We have new skits in our DVD production called Wangsta Whips. So if you see or want to point a car out that is "RICE" call it Wangsta from now on. This way we dont hurt anyones feelings.

But yeh, I have over 10 stickers on my z that add 20 whp and the chrome vinyls are boosting at 30 psi!!! Now thats WANGSTA!

Please vote for me
Old 04-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny how people use the term Rice in a negative way. Yet the Z is made in Japan

Bat™
Old 04-05-2003, 10:21 PM
TonyZXT

nosuchsol, well we don't see eye to eye on that issue, but that's cool, I'm not going to restate my opinion and try and shove my opinion down your throat. As far as I'm concerned we can agree to disagree and that's cool with me. BTW, nice sig, I noticed what you wrote in it a while back, and thought that was a cool way to change up that quote.

That's really what this is all about. I got tired of some people trying to shove their opinions down everyones throat, and made some comments to that effect. I got several replies and a couple emails supporting my point of view, and noticed allot of people getting tired of the finger pointing and all the people too quick to try to make out everyone elses mods as rice. I decided since noone had really articulated this common point very well, so I made a few posts. Low and behold, every post I've made about the subject I've gotten at least one reply from someone who hadn't thought about it that way before. Some people don't appreciate my methods, and the tone of my post that started this thread, and that's ok because I don't appreciate the condecending tone with which some people like to impose their opinions upon others. In short, you may not like rice, I don't like rice, but we may not have the same idea of what exactly rice is. Allot of us get tired of pulling up a post about a mod that we automatically recognise as a tasteful one, fully knowing that no matter how tasteful we think it is, that there is going to be at least one hater calling it rice.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:31 PM
TonyZXT

Importlife.com, most of us here undertand that when you are building a car to show off your wares that you need to make it wild and eye catching to attract people to your booth. How many people would go to the SEMA show and stop at a booth to look at a stock car? Exactly, not too many. There are those few that will scream that little four letter word we've been talking about when they see a car like yours, but who needs 'em. You're not in business to blend into the croud, you're there to get your name out, and sell parts, plain and simple, no need to be apologetic for that! BTW, I think your kit turned out pretty nice.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:44 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

IMHO Riced out car is one that has parts on it so that it looks mofified or faster then it really is and the parts have absolute on use on the car ... large rear wing on a FWD 120hp car... Fake Disc Breaks ... Performace parts stickers on a stock car ... This is what come to my mind.. a body kit is fine on a car in many cases not in my tast but to each their own.

A ricer is someone who has a delusion that their car is much faster then it actually is and makes these claims for a show. ie: Claiming to have turbos but does not.... Claiming to have much more HP then they really have ...

Rice to me has always been a description to something that is an absolute disregard to what in reality a car can do and what will help its performance... It is ok to be all show and no go as long as one admits it and is not out to annoy everyone (fart cannons, FAKE HID's... mis aimed or way to many fog lights).
Old 04-05-2003, 10:49 PM
3rdpower

Rice in my mind isn't necessary negative. There doing stuff like overstating the obvious... putting too many things on the car and just really screwin' thing the hell up. Like I put in another post (RICE RATING), you can put classy stuff on your car that really makes it look good or you can over do stuff, or just make it look like every one elses car... SUPER not original aka ALTEZZAs on a Civic/Accord.

Anyway... sorry that you don't like people being opinionated, however, this is a forum. Like the picture of the 350Z with the stickers all over it. It's rice but it's classy rice (minus the flippin' stickers!!!).

Last edited by 3rdpower; 04-05-2003 at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: The RICIEST Z ever! Say it aint so!! :(