Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Please recommend me a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Ztalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an after market LSD is far superior than stock, don't you think?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Fooshe

depending on the one you get, they can be. But why not get one that is factory installed, under warranty and won't void your drivetrain warranty if you were to add it? Also, the cost of a aftermarket LSD can be steep with installation. It can also be luck of the draw if you have someone you don't know install it. And if the dealer does it, well, you may as well have bought it with the car to begin with.

Also, the cars with LSD's have some everyday creature comforts that he might want since it is a daily driver.

However, your point is well taken.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Ztalker

an 06 base is also under consideration as stated by the original poster if you read it carefully btw.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

hurry up, get the z....
it's a beeeeeeeeautiful sports car!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Fooshe

Good eye Ztalker. I did see that, but I also read this just prior to his car listing:
"It will be my daily driver and will see a couple of track days and maybe an autocross or two throughout the summer. So, VLSD is a required option. "

I think that eeZee was just stating everything he was looking at within his budget and before all the input. I don't think it would be very smart for him to buy a base car because of the amount of options he would be loosing; yet still seems to need.

As you can see eeZee, everyone has a slightly different opinion. Bottomline, buy what has the options you want at a price you can afford. Most of the cars that have problems are hit and miss. Most of the used one's will have been sorted out anyway, so don't give it that much concern.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:12 AM
BRH_MINN

Just as a point of reference, I just bought (last week) a 2006 Enthusiast Redline 6sp with 5500 miles for $22500.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:30 PM
eeZee

Originally Posted by BRH_MINN
Just as a point of reference, I just bought (last week) a 2006 Enthusiast Redline 6sp with 5500 miles for $22500.
That's a great deal! I wish I could find one like that in North East.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:36 PM
eeZee

Originally Posted by Fooshe
Good eye Ztalker. I did see that, but I also read this just prior to his car listing:
"It will be my daily driver and will see a couple of track days and maybe an autocross or two throughout the summer. So, VLSD is a required option. "

I think that eeZee was just stating everything he was looking at within his budget and before all the input. I don't think it would be very smart for him to buy a base car because of the amount of options he would be loosing; yet still seems to need.

As you can see eeZee, everyone has a slightly different opinion. Bottomline, buy what has the options you want at a price you can afford. Most of the cars that have problems are hit and miss. Most of the used one's will have been sorted out anyway, so don't give it that much concern.
Thanks everyone!
I certainly appreciate all points of view.
ztalker, yes, I started considering 06, but I ruled it out since 06 Enthusiast would be out of my price range. I know I stated $25k, but that has since been revised to $21k tops. So, a base with Nismo LSD won't do.

Fooshe, you're correct, I'd definitely want at least Enthusiast for LSD, cruise control, and traction control. While I am an ethusiast (no pun intended) and rarely drive with cruise on, those things do come in handy and traction control is a must during winter and help sell the car down the road.

So, that's why I narrowed things down with everyone's help in this thread to 2005 Enthusiast, manual. I really prefer black, gray, silver, and blue and my budget is $21k, so I'm not sure if there's something in the North East that will fit inside those parameters and not have 40k+ miles, which is what I'm finding now.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:43 PM
cali_z_owner

Originally Posted by eeZee
I really prefer black, gray, silver, and blue
I'd advise against Black. As AWESOME as it looks when its clean and waxed, it looks equally HORRIBLE when its dirty...and it doesn't long to get there.

I've had black for 3 years, and I look at blue Z's and White Z's with a ting of envy...black looks good but boy u gotta earn it. Black cars should come with Surgeon General warnings, "May cause sun stroke from hours of endless washing"...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
eeZee

Originally Posted by cali_z_owner
I'd advise against Black. As AWESOME as it looks when its clean and waxed, it looks equally HORRIBLE when its dirty...and it doesn't long to get there.

I've had black for 3 years, and I look at blue Z's and White Z's with a ting of envy...black looks good but boy u gotta earn it. Black cars should come with Surgeon General warnings, "May cause sun stroke from hours of endless washing"...
Haha... I can associate with that since my GTI is black. Looks best when clean, except that it lasts only 5 minutes. My preferred choice would be Silverstone.