Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Hail Damage!!! In Dallas!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 11:03 AM
ZISBAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hail Damage!!! In Dallas!!!!

Can't believe that storm came in with hail and dented the crap out of everyones cars in the Dallas area!!! Unfortunately I've got a few dents eventhou it was covered!!! I was sooooo pissed!!! and I've only had the car for about a week!!!
Anyone knows any good method to get the dents out or any good dent repair shop that i could go to? I've only got about 4 dents, one big one and rest of it were just a small one. I thought about using some dry ice to slowly push it out? what do y'all think?
Old 04-06-2003, 11:17 AM
FLY BY Z

Wow some of those hail pieces were quite big! I was at Taco Diner in Las Colinas when it rolled through. Luckily the Z was safe and sound in the garage as I had anticipated rain last night anyways. I would wait and see what the hot sun will pop out on it's own before I take it in. Hopefully it will be sunny for a few days... You could use ice and a hair dryer to heat and cool the metal. Wal mart probably has some dent remover tools. Good luck!
Old 04-06-2003, 11:31 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
Wow some of those hail pieces were quite big! I was at Taco Diner in Las Colinas when it rolled through. Luckily the Z was safe and sound in the garage as I had anticipated rain last night anyways. I would wait and see what the hot sun will pop out on it's own before I take it in. Hopefully it will be sunny for a few days... You could use ice and a hair dryer to heat and cool the metal. Wal mart probably has some dent remover tools. Good luck!
Taco Diner is AWESOME! Fish Tacos: Mmmmmmmmm! Yeah, we got pounded! Fortunately I was at home watching DVD's all night!
Old 04-06-2003, 11:35 AM
channone

I remember all the random hail storms in Dallas... good time to find some discounted 350z's if any were left out on the lots.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:24 PM
ZISBAK

Man, you guys are very lucky!!! because there were some tennis ball size hail over here!!! Just got back from an estimate from the dent repair place in Addison, and it was not bad at all. It only going to cost about $100 to get all my small dents out. I'm some what relief, but really anxious to get it done!!! But I have to wait until tomorrow. Will let y'all know how it turn out.
Old 04-06-2003, 02:44 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Oh ya. It was a fun night. Hubby and I decided to stay home and watch a movie. My sister borrowed my other car to go to the Ranger game. Hers was in the garage because it was clean and mine was not. When that hail started coming down, I screamed, "Oh SH#T!!" grabbed the keys and started moving cars around. Sis has an M Coupe with a steel body--it could take a hit A LOT better than my aluminum hood! By the time hubby and I got everything moved around, we were soaked AND even got hit by a couple pieces of hail.

Luckily none of the cars we had at the house were damaged, but my dad's 750il took a serious beating while it was up in Richardson.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:11 PM
chazzg

My Z is safe and sound, But my Maxima looks like a golf ball now. i need to find a dent repair place too
Old 04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
ZISBAK

You guys are so lucky!!!! Man, I feel bad for your maxima, Chazzg I'm going to Dent Poppers in Addison tomorrow morning, I will let you all know how it come out. Actually I feel a lot better after I saw a Pretty New yellow S2000 drove in to get a estimate, that looks like a yellow golf ball!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:21 PM
nub

I was at work and my tahoe got pounded, probably 30-40 dents on the hood, dont know how many on the roof though as i am too short to see all the way up there. :P
Old 04-06-2003, 04:35 PM
aggie300zx

Yeah, I had a lot of friends that had their cars take a pretty bad beating last night as well.

Lucky for me downtown didn't see any of the bad weather, not even a drop of rain.

Sorry to hear about folks getting their cars/trucks damaged.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:37 PM
kknouri

Default in dallas 4 tha weekend

I came up from Houston for the weekend, and 5 minutes before I parked it in my friends garage not even knowing hell about to be unleashed. Then today I was drivinge around and I had to pull into an exxon for 5 minutes while it hailed again. Dallas is crazy . . .
Old 04-06-2003, 05:08 PM
ZISBAK

Default Re: in dallas 4 tha weekend

Originally posted by kknouri
I came up from Houston for the weekend, and 5 minutes before I parked it in my friends garage not even knowing hell about to be unleashed. Then today I was drivinge around and I had to pull into an exxon for 5 minutes while it hailed again. Dallas is crazy . . .
oh really? I didn't notice any hail today? where were you at? and what time? KKnouri
Old 04-06-2003, 05:18 PM
del105
15 f125

Man It was hailing here in atlanta the afternoon around 6pm. I freaked out and ran outside with the comforter off the bed and covered my hood and roof. MY wife almost killed me for using our comforter but man I didn't know what else to do.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:43 PM
ZISBAK

Originally posted by del105
Man It was hailing here in atlanta the afternoon around 6pm. I freaked out and ran outside with the comforter off the bed and covered my hood and roof. MY wife almost killed me for using our comforter but man I didn't know what else to do.
Trust me, If I had to rip the carpet off the floor to cover the Z, I would!!!! Anything for this car!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:16 PM
k1bailey

Default hail dent repair

AFTER you get your repair estimate and the weather warms up, try the following, it should help some of the dents.

Park the car in the sun for a couple of hours during the heat of the day. Break up dry ice that you have previously purchased into quarter (25 cent) size pieces and place a piece in each of the dents. The change in temp. and the resulting shrinkage of the sheet metal will sometimes "pop" out the dent. It will probably not work on larger dents as the sheet metal was stretched by the impact of the hailstone.

Just a tip--no harm done if it doesn't work on all the dents.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:59 PM
ZISBAK

Default Re: hail dent repair

Originally posted by k1bailey
AFTER you get your repair estimate and the weather warms up, try the following, it should help some of the dents.

Park the car in the sun for a couple of hours during the heat of the day. Break up dry ice that you have previously purchased into quarter (25 cent) size pieces and place a piece in each of the dents. The change in temp. and the resulting shrinkage of the sheet metal will sometimes "pop" out the dent. It will probably not work on larger dents as the sheet metal was stretched by the impact of the hailstone.

Just a tip--no harm done if it doesn't work on all the dents.
thanks for the advice, I've already try that, but unfortunately, the 3 small dents were very close to the edge of the hood. and I can't get underneath the sheet of aluminum, So I just going to take it to have it professionally done. It's better to be safe than sorry. (In case I screw up )
Old 04-06-2003, 09:08 PM
jplvr

My dad called to remind me of the possibility of hail in Alabama tonight. I covered the car with 2 thick blankets and my cover so hopefully it'll be safe even if we get hail.

A girl that just moved in 2 doors down made a comment as she was leaving, "I don't care if I freeze tonight, but at least my car is safe." In a word, YES. It's not cold though, so I don't think the statement really applies.

Sorry to here about your cars.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:09 PM
ZISBAK

Originally posted by jplvr
My dad called to remind me of the possibility of hail in Alabama tonight. I covered the car with 2 thick blankets and my cover so hopefully it'll be safe even if we get hail.

A girl that just moved in 2 doors down made a comment as she was leaving, "I don't care if I freeze tonight, but at least my car is safe." In a word, YES. It's not cold though, so I don't think the statement really applies.

Sorry to here about your cars.
One more suggestion, stuff couple pillow underneath it to obsorb the hail! and Good luck, I will pray for you tonight!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:21 AM
z-extreme

HAIL in Dallas and a wintery storm hear in Southeastern Wisconsin. I love April.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Zyal8tr

Hail was here in Jackson, Mississippi too! Luckily my car was inside, but my mom's car (740il) was dented up. We had some really bad weather too. We got a big hole in our garage now! But, again, luckily my car wasn't affected.

Quick Reply: Hail Damage!!! In Dallas!!!!