Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 01:05 PM
MacGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by j's350z
[B]
Originally posted by Megatron
Mike(Mac Guru),

that was harilious, how all day, you called j's350(jason), every other name, except his name. You even got other people to join in with you. I think you called him (jack, john, and etc...)

REAL FUNNY. HAHAHA
Did I get any rubber on your pretty little automatic " BIG MAC"

shake it easy...
JAY

No rubber on the front , although I will thoroughly inspect on the next wash. Next time we meet, I'm sticking around to have a little fun with you guys. I'm upset I missed the fun. Let's go Jay, I'll run my AT against your manual.

I look forward to the next meet.
Peace. -m
Old 04-07-2003, 03:12 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a fun trip to Cape May. The weather couldve been nicer. But at least there was a sunset. Hey Macguru it was a pleasure driving down and also coming back. Remember the incident with the "highbeam driver"? what an a**. We shouldve sandwiched him and stopped lol. Oh and the cop up ahead. My radar detecter started beeping. I slowed up and put the high beams to slow down. That was a close one! Anyway here are some pics

Jon
Old 04-07-2003, 03:19 PM
JonsilvZ

Jays burnout cant see the smoke
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-dscn0271.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 03:24 PM
JonsilvZ

I see you Zgirl!
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-dscn0256.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 03:30 PM
JonsilvZ

for the camera!
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-dscn0224.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 03:35 PM
JonsilvZ

Its me and my Z!
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-dscn0324.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 03:43 PM
damit

Who is the person with the blue dash can you please pm me thx
Old 04-07-2003, 03:57 PM
bfleming

Default Z meet

Great pics everyone, thanks for posting. Will try to get mine up after developing and scanning. Really enjoyed seeing all the Zs and the discussion. It was quite a sight, but wish we had more sun for photos. Zs from VA, DE, MD, NJ, PA, NY, CT, MA and Ontario, Canada (miss anyone?)! Glad to hear everyone made it home ok.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:05 PM
MacGuru

Originally posted by JonsilvZ
It was a fun trip to Cape May. The weather couldve been nicer. But at least there was a sunset. Hey Macguru it was a pleasure driving down and also coming back. Remember the incident with the "highbeam driver"? what an a**. We shouldve sandwiched him and stopped lol. Oh and the cop up ahead. My radar detecter started beeping. I slowed up and put the high beams to slow down. That was a close one! Anyway here are some pics

Jon
That was fun. That guy was an a$$, I'm sure he will think twice about doing it again. Thanks for the flashing brights, it did save my butt. I was surprised how fast everyone moves on the parkway. We were driving through traps at 80mph and the state troppers didn't even look up. Glad to hear everyone made it home safe. Peace. -m
Old 04-07-2003, 04:39 PM
mrsnetpro

No wonder Mike couldn't remember Jay's name....

Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-mike-and-karen.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 04:40 PM
mrsnetpro

And the size of the crowd grows....
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-crowd2.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 05:02 PM
MacGuru

Originally posted by mrsnetpro
No wonder Mike couldn't remember Jay's name....

Oh no!!!! You've got my picture up. OMG how embarressing. This is Mac Guru's g/f by the way

It was really good to meet you all and see why Mac Guru is always on this friggin' board!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope we do another meet but this time in the summer.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:41 PM
lentronic

Thumbs up hey all!!!

Well It sounds like my little meet was a hit with you all! I'm glad to have everyone back anytime! I must ask a favor of every1..can u guys mail me cdrs of all your great pics full rez...Mac Guru can this be done email wise?? If so... email 640x480 pics right to me:
lentronic@msn.com

If it can't be done, send cds to
Len Helbig
216 Amhurst Rd.
N. Cape May N.J.

Thank you all who were in attendance!!!!!
P.S. The dvd is gonna rock!
Len
Old 04-07-2003, 07:51 PM
MacGuru

Len, it's probably easier for others to post onto an ftp server. I can provide one for people to upload their pics to. Then I will send via mail on CD to you. Let me know if this is what you would like for me to do. -m
Old 04-07-2003, 08:30 PM
lentronic

Thumbs up so far..

I've gotten a lot of 800x600+ pics via email..so that should suit me size wise for video...I'd love a server to post videos on though! Thanks...

Len
Old 04-07-2003, 08:53 PM
z2thdr

Talking Canadian Perspective

When I first heard that Len was planning a Z meet, I thought it would be a great way to put some miles on my Z and meet other enthusiasts. Len promised beautiful weather so my dilemma was whether to leave the snow tires on or switch to the stock rims and stock tires. For the winter, Pirelli snows and inexpensive 16” rims with Toyota caps were installed. For you purists……get a life! LOL On Thursday the forecast was for a freezing rainstorm coming to Toronto so I left the snows on, packed the Z and hooked up the portable CD unit and attached the magnetic antenna to the roof. To protect the paint surface, I used a piece of papertowelling under the antenna. Bad Idea! Hoping to outrun the storm, I headed out but the conditions worsened quickly. The paper got wet, froze, the antenna let loose and was hanging from the cord. Luckily no damage but I had to pull onto the soft shoulder in the rain to recover the antenna.

The run from Buffalo to Syracuse was a nightmare and several times I thought of turning back. There were icicles hanging from the outside mirrors, the rubber wipers were frozen and not working fast enough. Using lots of windshield washer antifreeze and the defroster on high, I continued across I 90. The vision of a herd of Z’s in Cape May kept me focused. The beast hugged the road like a true thoroughbred and the 287 ponies barely whimpered when power was needed. It was somewhat disconcerting to be the only car on the road late at night with the sound of chunks of ice breaking away from the Z.

After overnighting in Pocono, I thought the worst was over. NOT! Heading out for the final push to Cape May, I entered pea soup fog with visibility about 100’. Eighteen wheelers were flying past me but the Z is too precious to risk a multi-car collision so I kept a reasonable pace. After 12 hours on the road, with the aid of the Alpine Nav unit, I finally arrived in Cape May and headed over to the Marquis de Lafeyette Hotel. I found the hotel overpriced and the staff had “attitude”.

Twenty-four Z’s showed up (6 CS, 3 SS, 2 SL, 5DB, 4SB, 2 Brick, 2PPW) with all types of modifications to the body, under the hood and audio systems - very impressive!

As a Canadian I was somewhat concerned about coming to the US as I had read numerous anti-Cdn postings regarding the current political climate. Len assured me that my car would not be keyed or egged. LOL. Everyone was friendly and I especially enjoyed the exchange of ideas and advice on the care and feeding of my beloved Z……thanks Roger.

Len videotaped our fun-filled cruise to a group luncheon …..the crab cakes were wonderful. Good choice, Bill. Zgirl celebrated her birthday with a surprise piece of cake and was made an honorary member of the Ontario Z Car Club. After lunch we headed to the beach for a sunset photo-op. In addition to the weird rims, my Z caused a laugh over the speedometer as it is maxed at 260! You know, the Canadian cars are faster. Also, all the computer readings in Canadian cars are in metric.

That evening, a few of us met at the 'Ugly Mug' for a great conversation about the early cars and the F1 racing. Stacey and her hubby brought back wonderful memories when I used to rally my 1970 240Z to Watkins Glen, NY to watch Stirling Moss and Jimmy Clark in action.

Early Sunday morning, I started the long run back to Toronto. Driving through the rolling hills, with the Alpine cranked and my favourite CD’s was pure joy. I hope to see many of you again at the International Z convention in October in Nashua, N.H.

Thanks again Len for all your work and a great weekend!

Old 04-07-2003, 08:55 PM
z2thdr

Arriving in Cape May
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-cm1.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 08:57 PM
z2thdr

Hotel
Attached Thumbnails April 5th - Cape May NJ Shoot ***PICS***-cm2.jpg  
Old 04-07-2003, 08:59 PM
z2thdr