2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Black or White

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 06:29 PM
MTL350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black or White

Hi everyone

I really dont know which color to choose black or white, black makes the car look very agreessive but very hard to keep it clean. White i dont need to say it. The reason I want to order white bcause up here in Canada, there has been only 2 white Z sold and mine gonna be the 3. I have also order the Volk GT-C 19-inch mercury silver, it does look good on black or white car too so...

I have seen black Z in the showroom or on the street but never have seen a white one in person.

i guees i really need someones have seen the z in black or white next to eachother in person and help me decide...

Thanks
Old 04-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if it snows in your area, you might have trouble with scratches on a black car. You cant go wrong with either color as they both look good on the Z. The only thing is the maintenance on black is more than on a white car.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you can maintain it, black all the way.

white isnt exactly the best hider of dirt... but since your going to dealing with snow and salt a lot I would suppose, white would hide that.

but the 3rd? seriously? seems kinda unlikely.... did the dealer tell you that?
Old 04-08-2003, 07:07 PM
MTL350z

wow guys this is Minh,u guys r really fast!n e ways thxx for the reply im not worrying about snow or salt b/c i only try this car in summer, i have another car for winter.About maintain dont worry about that i know i will wash her more than most of u guys

YES!!!so far it has been only 2 white Z sold and i belive that b/c one of my friend work in the nissan dealer told me
Old 04-09-2003, 12:23 AM
MTL350z

Unhappy

cmon people 60 readed and only 2 reply

i really need some advices here.

could someone photoshop a white Z with GT-C mercury silver wheels on it.

Again THANKS
Old 04-09-2003, 02:17 AM
Zmoney

Get what you want, dont settle for anything less. IMO you cant compare black or white. Black looks great if you can keep it spotless, I will never own a black car again. Its hard enough trying to keep my silver looking good between the love bugs here in florida and the damn paint chips.

White looks really sweet too but it also shows dirt. Its hard to keep things like tar off of white paint too. Ah decisions....decisions....

Good luck with your choice, you really cant go wrong with either one.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:22 AM
noel48

I considered all colors,had a black Maxima and slaved over it so I went with the white Z and love it.It shows the lines of the car beautifully and I don't have to wash it every day. Go with what you like best.Good luck!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:57 AM
KY350

Originally posted by minh
wow guys this is Minh,u guys r really fast!n e ways thxx for the reply im not worrying about snow or salt b/c i only try this car in summer, i have another car for winter.About maintain dont worry about that i know i will wash her more than most of u guys

YES!!!so far it has been only 2 white Z sold and i belive that b/c one of my friend work in the nissan dealer told me
Minh, don't buy a certain colour Z just because there are less Z's of that particular colour on the road at this point in time. There will be more of them in 6-12 months time and your colour will not be so rare then.
Buy a colour Z that you think looks best and as you are prepared to wash it regularly, you have all colours available to choose from.
I love the black but was not prepared for the hard yacka to keep her clean. So I bought the Chrome Silver which is still a sexy colour, but hides dirt / marks better than most other colours.
It sounds like your head is screwed on right, so go ahead and buy with your heart
Old 04-09-2003, 05:54 AM
6kLaunch

A black car owns you, you don't own a black car. Everyone has owned at least one black car in their lives and generally you have to love to clean and wax your car to like black.

Personally, after seeing the PPW in person, I wish I had ordered it.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Welsh 350Z N

They all look great but agonized over color. I short-listed down to Chrome Silver, Daytona Blue, Super Black and LeMans Sunset. I got around to about 6 different dealers that had Z's in each color so that I could see them in the flesh (they look different in photos. I choose Chrome Silver. You seem fixed on Black or White and not considering any others. If that is your choice - I'd go with Black. Just my opinion but you asked for it.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:48 AM
ThreeFiftyZoom

I think the white looks really good. It is a pearl metallic white and looks a lot better than plain old regular white that you see on every other car.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:00 AM
350zSpeedRacer

After having a BIG black truck and my black 840, I will seriously steer away from black. The color itself is so high maintenance and I didn't always have the time to wash either to keep water spots off or whatever else.

I've only seen one PPW in person (Hey Ricky! ) and it looks awesome! Nothing looks better than a freshly washed and waxed black car, but it's just too much trouble IMO keeping it that way.

But go with your first instinct--you'll regret it later if you don't.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:47 AM
BFG10

Dude, why only black or white? Why not think about Lemans Sunset or Redline Red. Actually the Z looks great in every colour. I have a Silverstone and love it. But if you make me choose between black or white, I'd say black is nicer, if you keep it clean and scratch free that is. Especially with orange leather interior. PPW just didn't strike me the way the other colours did.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:13 AM
MikeW

Black or White?....Compromise and go with Chrome Silver. BTW, Silver is faster.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Butterfly20

I say white. Everday on my way to work I see the same white Z parked. It looks really nice. I'm not really a White kind of person either, but in this case I say white.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:33 AM
kitkos

I will start out by typing (because I don't want anyone with a Black Z to get ticked) Black is a very nice color. It is the hardest to keep clean, though. That said.....
PIKES PEAK WHITE ALL THE WAY!
I wish I were the only one in my area.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:39 AM
iris

the flashy colors are HOT. LS, DB. anyway, I know that's not what you asked, so...

black is PHAT. but you cannot go wrong b/c I've seen the PPW in person and the pearl up close is beautiful (you just lose it when you are far away). if you're worried about #'s on the road, DON'T - only the silvers have to worry about that IMO.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
jplvr

I went with Black (toss-up between it and Brick). I saw a PPW at the dealership and it looked sharp as well, but I've always liked the darker colors on cars.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:27 AM
DaKine-Z-

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
I've only seen one PPW in person (Hey Ricky! ) and it looks awesome!

Heyyy Christi, my car thanks you for the kind words!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Itzted350z

Cool

get black, you cant go wrong with black!

Quick Reply: Black or White