Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 09:16 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The only Audi I would consider, but at $80+k that style and superchaged 460-hp V8 will cost ya!!! But it is beautiful, and I'd take it over it's competition: E55 and M5. Now tell me this isn't one of the sexiest sedans you've ever seen???
Old 07-24-2002, 09:36 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by VQracer
Very nice! But too much for me.

I like Oettinger A4

Fresh and Clean!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! So you're familiar with the Big O.........!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:00 PM
mattyZ

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
The only Audi I would consider, but at $80+k that style and superchaged 460-hp V8 will cost ya!!! But it is beautiful, and I'd take it over it's competition: E55 and M5. Now tell me this isn't one of the sexiest sedans you've ever seen???
[
Actually, it's a twin turbo V8!! They are also talking about bringing over the next RS4 based on the current A4 body style which will possibly have this engine. That would only cost you $65,000 Like I said, nothing better than a gorgous classy Audi, and a smoking sporty Z in my garage!!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:22 PM
ariZona

That Audi looks pretty sweet! Still, there are a couple TT's in town, and I can't wait to see what kind of reaction they give my new Daytona Blue 350Z when it comes in.....

ariZona
Old 07-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Zboy

Originally posted by ariZona
That Audi looks pretty sweet! Still, there are a couple TT's in town, and I can't wait to see what kind of reaction they give my new Daytona Blue 350Z when it comes in.....

ariZona
Hopefully nothing of this sort...
Quoting from a TT owner (TTboitoy) who posted on audiworld.com..

"we are a cut above the competition because we are driving a luxury car which costs more. I am glad our car costs more than most because it reflects our higher income tastes.

A porsche is very expensive for the amount of hps you get. Compared with a camero for example you get almost the same hps for a lot less.

People buy a porsche because of the image. Most Porsche or even TT drivers could care less about the hp comparisons with a Tiberon or some other lower priced car because they want the porsche/audi logo on their vehicle's hood and bumper. That is what they paid for. An impression/image.

We bought the TT because it states something about us as the driver...younger more professional people with class and fatter wallets.

Yes, the Z has the TT beat on raw power but it is still a Nissan...not an Infinity, not a Lexus...a nissan aka Datsun!

You will see alot of these on the street...like we do the Tiberon for example. But the TT will remain a car of sophistication for the more discering and affluent driver. "
Old 07-24-2002, 10:48 PM
ariZona

I was talking about the Oettinger and the other blue car above it, by the way. I never have really thought the TT was all that, and now that I have found out that most TT drivers are arrogant ******, I like the TT even less....

ariZona
Old 07-25-2002, 12:18 AM
SunsetZ

Default Where is the Link!

Three pages on this topic and no one has posted the link. I couldn't find this thread, would someone please post the link, thanks!
Old 07-25-2002, 12:26 AM
wxtornado

Default Re: Where is the Link!

Originally posted by SunsetZ
Three pages on this topic and no one has posted the link. I couldn't find this thread, would someone please post the link, thanks!
Check the 1st post in this thread SunsetZ, you'll find the link there.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:31 AM
NUJOYZ

Funny how most people don't think of the TT as a REAL sports car.
If not the Z, then definitely BMW. For those of you that might remember, the TT always did get praised on its styling (huh???), not it's handling..
Old 07-25-2002, 12:32 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wow

Originally posted by kraZy

At first I was angry when I read this... then that quickly grew into sadness. I feel sorry for this self-serving kid. Seems as though his priorities, his outlook on the real world and those who live in it are in need of a re-evaluation. Amazing isn't it? That there are such close-minded people in this world that don't even realize it. Sad.

I don't have to go and remind everyone that the TT isn't really the status symbol this kid's hoping it is, do I? Keep the TT kid, and keep livin' the dream that no one else is in but yourself...
kraZy, did you read some of the other responses. Delusional, I tell you. Delusional. I can't figure out if TTBoitoy is a man with a small *****, or a really stupid c**t. Whatever "it" is, he/she is so far beyond laughable. And sadly, that is the norm among German car owners.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:49 AM
SunsetZ

Default Here VQ

Here is the first post:

"Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...
Being I currently have a 2002 Audi A4, I'm a regular on Audiworld, just noticed a very cool thread. This guy owns a TT and was invited to the Nissan San Diego design center with the guys from Car Magazine. They wante dto compare the Z with the TT. Very good write up including 65 pics! Overall, it is a pretty positive review coming from a TT owner, believe me, I know Audi owners can get a little snobby, except me of course...check it out!

350Z and Audi TT"

Show me the website thread link in this post.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:54 AM
wxtornado

Sunset, the "350Z and Audi TT" under the paragraph is a link - move your pointer over it and your mouse will know!
Old 07-25-2002, 12:58 AM
wxtornado

Brainfart - happens to the best of us. Especially when we can't concentrate on anything but taking delivery.......!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:05 AM
roberto350z

i will say that the TT has an exceptional level of fit and finish. The seams are so tight and the lines and materials are very nice. The plastics inside the car are soft and the leather is awesome...

I, however, do not like the outer looks of the TT. I think the style makes it look cheap. The design engineering drew too heavily off of the beetle and a boxing glove. I am totally uninspired by the looks.

But remember...refinement costs ALOT. Go into nordstroms and check out mephisto shoes. They are $350...provided I had the income, I would buy mephisto exclusively because of the sheer class put into these shoes. The audi is the same. HP and handling and looks are put aside because the costs for expensive materials add up quickly.

Of course people are going to mention inerior quality over the Z, b/c this is german automobiles' selling point.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:01 AM
rai

Default my favorite quotes

most articles have only one or two good quotes.

Car magazine :"tin roof" (that's good)

newsweek: "sluggish off the line" (that's not good)

We love audi Magazine:"the Z lacks soul" "The Z lacks class" "the Z will seem commonplace"

and my favorite "the Z is not in the same league as the tt" Thank god, your right, it's like the Z is in the NFL and the tt is in the flag football league.

Go home little boy and next time bring back your big brother the RS6 ($70K) if you want a piece of me.
Old 07-25-2002, 05:43 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

Default Re: Wow

Originally posted by kraZy

At first I was angry when I read this... then that quickly grew into sadness. I feel sorry for this self-serving kid. Seems as though his priorities, his outlook on the real world and those who live in it are in need of a re-evaluation. Amazing isn't it? That there are such close-minded people in this world that don't even realize it. Sad.

I don't have to go and remind everyone that the TT isn't really the status symbol this kid's hoping it is, do I? Keep the TT kid, and keep livin' the dream that no one else is in but yourself...
For those that believe money=success, the tt is still a far cry from a status symbol, I don't know what kind of car (good/bad) it is so I'm not assuming anything about that, but here in the bay area cars of the same 'status' as a tt are a dime a dozen, in fact I see tts everywhere. Show me a new exotic, <i>then</i> I think you're rich, but that doesn't make you any better than the rest of us. Like kraZy said: keep dreaming.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:18 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by blackSunshine

For those that believe money=success, the tt is still a far cry from a status symbol, I don't know what kind of car (good/bad) it is so I'm not assuming anything about that, but here in the bay area cars of the same 'status' as a tt are a dime a dozen, in fact I see tts everywhere. Show me a new exotic, <i>then</i> I think you're rich, but that doesn't make you any better than the rest of us. Like kraZy said: keep dreaming.
My .02, i welcome yours

TJ-out
Old 07-25-2002, 07:33 AM
Zoro

Default I have to admit

Must admit the audi has some nice seats even though they didn't show them and a world class fuel door.

Those audi guys are bigger jerks than their porsche cousins.

Quick Reply: Very cool x-post comparing Audi TT with the Z...