2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ZISME -- It seems communication is improving

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 07:27 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZISME -- It seems communication is improving

After not hearing from my salesman since I bought the car, except when I called him, he called me last week to tell me the Z was at the dealership, unfortunately by the time I got there, the car was gone. I then asked him yet again, to contact the region for me to find out my order number (I have been a good boy and not contacted the region myself), although I wasn't going to get my hopes up because I had requested that info several times before. Today, he sent me an unsolicited email, informing me of my order number (alas it was a "T" number -- sigh) and the fact that my switch to an Enthusiast had gone through. Now, of course, I'm only a sample size of one, but I have finally got the info I have been waiting for and it came through the dealer channels like you prefer. Maybe the dealers are starting to get their act together.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:37 PM
LowFuel

I agree. My dealer actually emailed me a screenshot of the Nissan database that shows all my order info. And I didnt even ask for it!
Old 07-24-2002, 08:16 PM
nizl

Cool, could you guys call my dealer and get them to return MY calls?
Old 07-24-2002, 11:02 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

I hear ya nizl. Finally got a call back yesterday from somebody at Mossy El Cajon after two weeks of waiting. The guy said he was trying to get info from Nissan, but didn't have anything. No order number. Told me he was expecting delivery of October - December. He said the info he gets changes every week. It was nice to finally get a call, but to be a January order and not be able to get my order number, when so many other people have theirs really pissed me off. That and now being told October - December. I don't think he's right, but wasn't worth it to me to dig deeper (I was home sick, as I am now, and didn't have the energy to get into it).

I don't think the guy is necessarily lying to me, but I don't know how much effort he's actually putting out trying to get me my number. Hell, I received my confirmation letters before some of these people ordered and they have a number.

Dave
Old 07-24-2002, 11:54 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's great that more people have received their order numbers and delivery. In these specific circumstances, I'd agree that communication (or something) has improved. However, I think it's a stretch to say communication overall has improved. From a personal standpoint, nothing has changed for me since, well, since I received my confirmation letter. So I can't say that I have seen first-hand the improvement you mention.

For me, I'm going to wait until everyone has their order number, and then I can say, without a doubt, that communication has "improved". Probably too much to wish for I know.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:58 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by Scafremon
From a personal standpoint, nothing has changed for me since, well, since I received my confirmation letter.
Oh, you people with your confirmation letter!

I wish I had my confirmation letter,
Todd
Old 07-25-2002, 06:11 AM
dvlad

The sale manager of my dealership called me on Saturday to say that the expected date of arrival was Sept. 11 '03. Now, with that date and all, i'm going to take it with a grain of salt. But this is the first time my dealership took a proactive appoarch to my pre-order.

dan
Old 07-25-2002, 08:47 AM
nizl

FINALLY got the time of day from my dealer today after pestering him for about a week.

"September. Maybe."

Oh well, it's better than nothing!
Old 07-25-2002, 06:27 PM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by dvlad
The sale manager of my dealership called me on Saturday to say that the expected date of arrival was Sept. 11 '03. Now, with that date and all, i'm going to take it with a grain of salt. But this is the first time my dealership took a proactive appoarch to my pre-order.

dan
2003? I hope made a typo.