How much for the pop charger?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you should spend less time tinkering and more time driving
Old 03-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Fooshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great input from the fourm. I do appreciate the comments and love the quest suggestion...I guess I deserve that one.

However, I think you're missing something in the original posting. I don't want to drive a stick anymore and want a softer ride.

In answer to the comment passed, I do have the OEM stuff and think I may return it to as stock as possible. Then sell the mod parts and regain some $.

As far as Chugg's comment, I actually agree with you. However, if you saw the car, you would not doubt the installation and lack of mistakes. Everything was done right.

As far as the modifications go, they really aren't that heavily done. It really is only an upgrade of 4 basic systems, cooling, braking, breathing and cornering. It has what many consider to be top of the line parts the were expensive...that's the real issue. When I say I got in over my head, I mean with the modifications. For all intent and purpose, the car is HPDE ready and has a ride accordingly. I now know that I should not have gone that direction. That's all. Someone who will drive this car like it should really should own this car.

I have owned 10 Z cars in my life and really love the car. Like most Z guys, it's a cult following and once you own one, you just love them. That is why I want to go to a bone stock 350Z now. I am sure I will probably change 2-3 small things on the car, but not even close to this one.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I took the car to a Nissan dealer yesterday and drove the '07. Not bad, but the hood makes it look like a Rhino. Anyway, they had a left over '06 Enthusiast in Silverstone, auto tranny with a sticker of $31,455. Long story short, they wanted to trade me cars.
I almost did it...in fact, I am still thinking about it. Reason being, if you assume they are dropping their pants on the '06 to blow it out, that puts the selling price at $24,500, plus tax & lic., which is about $2,400. That would be like selling the car at $26,900...pretty close to what I think the car should go for. On an '07 Enth., they want to trade + $4,000. Mind you, on that deal, I keep the sway bars & high flow cats.

Tempted...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 AM
furiousZ

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
I think you should spend less time tinkering and more time driving
+1. Get out to the damn track and just start pushing the Z for a bit. Then, you'll really come to appreciate your modded Fairlady, and never have doubts again! If you have to take a little trip to get to the nearest track ... who cares? I do it.

And for the not driving stick part ... if you lived closer, I would swap you. But it's a pain with the distance.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Fooshe

I live within 15 miles of California Speedway, 1 1/2 hours from Willow Springs & 2 1/2 hours from Buttonwillow. It's not the arrows, it's the Indian, as someone once said. It's just not my thing. Plus, this car is so nice and immaculate, I can't imagine tracking it. Someone who likes that kind of thing should have this car.

Perhaps I will take it to the West Coast Nationals and see if there is any interest.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Fooshe

Zya123, I'm not parting the car out yet...If I do, you have first dibs.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 AM
NightRida

Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM
shanki456

Id trade it in for the 07 and pay 4000

Last edited by shanki456; 03-25-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Fluid1

You spent $15k and no turbo?

Part it out and cut your losses.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trade sounds right to me.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Fooshe

Default pics for ya

Ok, here they are...I just gave her a bath and took some shots.

Does this help?
Attached Thumbnails I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0101.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0111.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0061.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0091.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0121.jpg  

Last edited by Fooshe; 03-25-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Fooshe

Here are some more.

Now the posting is not worthless...right Nightrida?
Attached Thumbnails I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0011.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0021.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0081.jpg   I need the fourm's opinion...-z-car-0071.jpg  
Old 03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Fooshe

Fluid,
I have seen more 350Z's on the side of the road and/or in their local shop because of turbos. I am a fan of natural aspiration. Besides, a turbo and brakes would be about $11,000 installed alone. With big power, you have to get the chasis stiffer and you gotta keep it cool.

If you look at the mods listed, and I think I missed a few, do the math and I think you will see that when you add it all up with taxes, I am not far off if at all. I thought they were tasteful and useful. Again, speed does nothing if you can't stop, turn or keep it running for more than 30 min.

Anyone can stick a turbo in and mash their foot to the floor. It's when I get to the corners that I will beat you every time with better stopping power, more precise cornering ability and just minor power increases. Unless of course we are only going a quarter mile...then I am only watching tail lights.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
NightRida

Depends on the course/track your on!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Fooshe

Very true Night...I hear ya.

The real point is that, for me, I want a well rounded car that can do everything well...not just one thing.

Remember how the story goes..."no son, let's walk down and F*%k them all."
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I1DER

You mentioned wife AND kids. If you need more room, softer suspension and an automatic you might check out the G35. Seems like it would be a big change though from how you have your car set up.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Fooshe

Thanks for the input I1Der, however I did not say anything about needing more room. I am just looking for more comfort and and auto tranny. I thought about the G35, but I don't need a back seat or the higher price. Plus, I just like the Z car. The more I think about it, I may just part the car out and sell it as close to stock as possible. I probably would make more money on it. Unless someone wants the car the way it is. Although, a straight trade is turn key and no labor for me....still on the fence.

I wish this car could go to someone who could use it so I could end the debate. Too bad I can't post in classified's yet.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooshe
Good input Chad...however, credit card debit is not the case here. The car is just too much for me. It is paid off and the insurance is not a problem. Sufice to say that the problem is not financial.

I have a wife and child. This is a weekend car at best. As you can see, it does not get driven much. I want something with a cushier ride and an auto tranny now. I am an older guy and just think this is a young man's car. A car more suited for the track and/or someone who can appreciate the car's performance. I push this car getting on the freeway to take the long road to the market.

Does that make sense?

Well I'm not exactlly a spring chicken myself. Sounds to me like you want a stock suspension auto Z. I recommend putting it back to stock, sell the parts and the car and buy a stock 07 and use what ever mods you want from your current Z. Or if it's just a weekend toy maybe just ditch the idea alltogether. Wish I could afford to buy cars tinker with them and let them sit in a warm garage but I have to drive my toys

Would be easy enough to just tinker more and just put the suspension back to stock. But why do you feel the need for an auto now? Me I would just learn to live with the stick (which I love anyway) and put the supension back and save thousands of bucks and hassle.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Firehawk

Take it to the track and try it out. Clean it up afterwards. It might change your mind. If nothing else, when at the track, have a for sale sign on it.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:02 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NightRida
+ a Million

Quick Reply: I need the fourm's opinion...