Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I need the fourm's opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Fooshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need the fourm's opinion...

I have a chrome silver '04 track model with a hair over 6,000 miles on it and it has lots of mods. I love to tinker with cars, but $15K later, the car got outta hand. I have never tracked or raced the car. I am just in it over my head.

I am considering selling the car outright or trading it for a stock '06-'07 enthus. I want a softer ride and don't really want a stick now. I know, I should have thought of that earlier.

The car has: Stoptech 14" F&R w/steel braided lines, Tien Flex suspension with cockpit EDFC, Hotchkis sways front and rear, DC ceramic coated headers, High flow cats, Nimso Exhaust, 9.5" 265/35/18's front & 10.5" 295/35/18's rear, fairly rare racing Enkei's, Koyo 3 row polished radiator, Motordyne 5/16" intake spacer, Oil pan spacer, Jim Wolf Tech Pop charger, Varis, CF inlet, underdrive pully, 11 lb. Braille racing battery, tinted windows, custom larger power steering and oil coolers and a 3M clear bra on the front including the lights & mirrors. It still has that new car smell...that's how little I have driven it. The car is mint and shows pride of ownership. I can post pics, but assume that the car is what I say it is for the purposes of this posting.

So my question to all is in 3 parts:
1) If I sell it, what do you think it is worth?
2) Would you trade it for the 06 or the 07 enthus?
3) Anyone interested?

Last edited by Fooshe; 03-25-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Elohite

1) Maybe 25k
2) Why Trade? Your car low miles , modded, no problems (Im asumming)
3) No
Old 03-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Fooshe

1) That little? I was thinking at least mid $27's
2) You may have missed that I don't want to drive a stick any longer. No issues what-so-ever.
3) Thank you for your input.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:57 PM
rblimas

post pics
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Fooshe

I will have to take some and post. I will see if I can do that tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM
rblimas

throw it on craigslist and see what you get for it
Old 03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Fooshe

I hate craigs list...lots of flakes there.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Orange350ze

Talking

I have an 03 Stock Z and would be willing to trade stright up? Mine is Lemans Sunset. What do you think???????
Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Fooshe

I think I walked right into that one!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:22 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooshe
1) That little? I was thinking at least mid $27's

Consider a 350Z shopper with $27,500 cash. He can get a 2007 with the cash and a $4,000 loan.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what exactlly are you over your head with, credit cards or you can't afford the payments or insurance or what?

If it's credit cards, just get a second job. Over the course of several years I ran my CC debt up to about $15,500 and said damn I need a second job, so I got one. Then like a dumb ***, since I was making good money working 2 jobs, I ran it up to $29,500 and realized oh crap. So since I was already making good money I sold the new R1 toy (paid for the whole bike with a CC $9,600 OTD) and had it almost totally wiped out in about 1 year.

I had my last 2 grand on me to pay off my last card but then I went and bought my Z a few months early cuz I hate waiting.

If you sell it try to buy something that would be lame to mod, like a minivan or something

Last edited by Chad68; 03-25-2007 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Fooshe

Originally Posted by davidv
Consider a 350Z shopper with $27,500 cash. He can get a 2007 with the cash and a $4,000 loan.
I see your point david, but here is my thinking...

That shopper gets a STOCK, base model Z in all likely hood. That's no comparison in my book. Mine has 15K in up grades (that's parts alone, not including installation), almost no miles on it and is faster than a stock 2007. My car booked at excellent condition (which it is) comes in at $25K & change as stock. To build this car from new in 2004 would cost you $51K before labor & taxes. Pricing it at about 55% of new with such low miles does not seem unfair; does it? To me, that is a screamin' deal.

The brakes, suspension, headers, high flow cats, Nismo exhaust, wheels and tires to buy right now cost over $11,500 in parts alone. Mind you, they are all less than 1 year old. Now let's throw in the rest. Add all that to a stock track model, which are hard to come by as it is, I would think that the mid $27K range is just a fabulous deal. Plus, the car is still under warranty. And on top of all that, the dealership is hitting that buyer with full tax.

What would you pay for this car considering all this and assuming you were in the market for a Z?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Fooshe

Good input Chad...however, credit card debit is not the case here. The car is just too much for me. It is paid off and the insurance is not a problem. Sufice to say that the problem is not financial.

I have a wife and child. This is a weekend car at best. As you can see, it does not get driven much. I want something with a cushier ride and an auto tranny now. I am an older guy and just think this is a young man's car. A car more suited for the track and/or someone who can appreciate the car's performance. I push this car getting on the freeway to take the long road to the market.

Does that make sense?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:48 AM
davidv

I see your point david, but here is my thinking...

That shopper gets a STOCK, base model Z in all likely hood. That's no comparison in my book. Mine has 15K in up grades (that's parts alone, not including installation), almost no miles on it and is faster than a stock 2007. My car booked at excellent condition (which it is) comes in at $25K & change as stock. To build this car from new in 2004 would cost you $51K before labor & taxes. Pricing it at about 55% of new with such low miles does not seem unfair; does it? To me, that is a screamin' deal.

The brakes, suspension, headers, high flow cats, Nismo exhaust, wheels and tires to buy right now cost over $11,500 in parts alone. Mind you, they are all less than 1 year old. Now let's throw in the rest. Add all that to a stock track model, which are hard to come by as it is, I would think that the mid $27K range is just a fabulous deal. Plus, the car is still under warranty. And on top of all that, the dealership is hitting that buyer with full tax.

What would you pay for this car considering all this and assuming you were in the market for a Z?
You are a good salesperson. Very convincing but...

Mods are expensive for the seller. For a mod to be of any value to the buyer, it must be the exact mod that he wants. In other words if I do not want BBK, then BBK is worth nothing to me. If you have a mod that I do not want, I have to figure the cost of taking it off.

You can test the demand and price on eBay. Take some photos, and place a listing. No need to actually sell the car at this time. Set the reserve high. The bidding will give you a reasonable idea of demand.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:56 AM
davidv

Good input Chad...however, credit card debit is not the case here. The car is just too much for me. It is paid off and the insurance is not a problem. Sufice to say that the problem is not financial.

I have a wife and child. This is a weekend car at best. As you can see, it does not get driven much. I want something with a cushier ride and an auto tranny now. I am an older guy and just think this is a young man's car. A car more suited for the track and/or someone who can appreciate the car's performance. I push this car getting on the freeway to take the long road to the market.

Does that make sense?
Makes sense to me.

You are driving the Z about 220 miles/month. Essentially its a garage queen, and does not suit your needs. The 350Z will be great for someone like myself who spends weekends at autocross and the dragstrip. I am sure that there are buyers who will make you a reasonable offer. Best wishes.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 AM
zucrazy

Does that make sense?

Sorry to butt in - but it confuses me as to why go thru all the modifications then get rid of it in exchange for a stocker after.

If this is "too much" of a car or " I am an older guy and think this is a young man's car" then why get the same car afterwards.

You really don't know what you want...do you?

I would say sell the Nissan Z and get a Nissan Quest.
Attached Thumbnails I need the fourm's opinion...-nissanquest.jpg  
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Ghost_shift

07 are nice, but I agree with most of the people. Why go back to a stock car, get deeper in debt, and go through all the trouble of either trying to refit or resell parts??

I would never let my 04.5 for a 07 because I have mine the way I want it.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Chugg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car is only worth as much as some one wants to pay for it...personaly when i go to look for a car i want NO MODS on it at all 1) because i want to do everything my self and 2) i dont want to deal with any mistakes some one made on them or them running the car hard. therefor i would never ever ever buy a heavy moded car
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
77irish77

....Or you could do like so many others here. Assuming you have stock parts, reinstall those, sell the aftermarket parts to recoup what you can, and sell the car bone stock. I keep all my stock stuff in the SLIGHT chance I would ever be in your position. If you dont have anything stock I've seen many times where a seller on our forum will list to trade their aftermarket stuff for someones stock part plus $$. If all else fails...you said the motivation is not financial, sell the car as is at a huge loss and gain some karma points by making a "kid" who can appreciate it HAPPY!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:46 AM
b.d.racing

As far as your warranty goes you've voided a lot of it already unless you have the stock parts you can put back on.

Quick Reply: I need the fourm's opinion...