Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Marilyn is in Florida!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 05:05 PM
JimH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marilyn is in Florida!

Yup, we made it to Fla. and it is good to see the sun again. Lots of rain, snow and spilled gasoline (that's another story!) along the way. I met another Z owner at the local dealership last Friday and snapped his pic, but I don't have his name so I won't post that until I hear from him. He is a Lt. in the AF here in Ft. Walton Beach. If you are reading this, lemme' know your name.
Here is a shot of Marilyn "at the beach" because I wanted something that said Florida (you know, white sand, ocean, etc.,) but I ran out of time for a better shot.
Either other cars, people or bad lighting got in the way.
The gear change in the Z is working out well so far. I head for N. Carolina this Wed. and then on to Norfolk, VA. for a few days and I would like to find a 1/4 track somewhere along the line to try for some times w/rear gears having been changed out. If anyone knows of a track along that route, please let me know. Regards, Jim
Old 04-14-2003, 05:16 PM
srobert910

Hey I live in Ft. Walton Beach... Actually in Mary Esther, but basically the same thing. How long are u down for? Did the guy in the other Z have an alpine screen and xm radio in a silverstone? If so I installed that stuff for him and his name is Greg.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:26 PM
JimH

Scott, Great to get your reply! I drove thru Mary Esther just yesterday. In fact, my daughter just bought a home in Navarre.
I am leaving here this Wed. morning for N. Carolina. I would like to get with you between now and then and get a pic of you and your car for the story I am doing. Any possibility of tomorrow?
The other Z was a CS and he had a DVD installed, but no XM. I have his pic, but failed to write down his name (my bad) and need it b4 I post. I can meet up w/you anytime for pix, so let me know if that will work. Regards, Jim

Originally posted by srobert910
Hey I live in Ft. Walton Beach... Actually in Mary Esther, but basically the same thing. How long are u down for? Did the guy in the other Z have an alpine screen and xm radio in a silverstone? If so I installed that stuff for him and his name is Greg.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:30 PM
bigdaddy

jim,

there is a 1/4 mile in fayetteville, nc. just off I-95. the address is www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com
they have test and tune sessions thursday nights starting at 6. haven't been there during a weekday session, but the sunday sessions are usually pretty cool and don't cost much (12-15 bucks). hope the rest of the journey goes well.

sean
Old 04-14-2003, 05:44 PM
srobert910

Hey Jim, Actually i'll be working all day tomorrow but you can feel free to stop by. I work at Jimmy's Car Stereo In Ft. Walton. It's on Eglin Pkwy (hwy85) about 2 blocks north of hwy 98. I'll be there tomorrow from 9-6 if you want to stop by. It's always good to hear from a fellow Z enthusiast.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:08 PM
JimH

Default Fayetteville track

Sean, Fantastic! Fayetteville is actually my destination. Thursday nite is perfect for me. If you could drop by I would like to photograph you w/your car if possible. Thanks and regards, Jim

Originally posted by bigdaddy
jim,

there is a 1/4 mile in fayetteville, nc. just off I-95. the address is www.fayettevillemotorsportspark.com
they have test and tune sessions thursday nights starting at 6. haven't been there during a weekday session, but the sunday sessions are usually pretty cool and don't cost much (12-15 bucks). hope the rest of the journey goes well.

sean
Old 04-15-2003, 06:59 AM
jboyyracer

Smile Lt with the CS Z

Hey, Jim.

it was awesome meeting you and seeing "Marilyn". Your definitely looks awesome in person! Loved the drop and the rims nice combo. The exhaust sound as you pulled up to the dealership was very nice...

Looking to get some suspension work on my Z also and add a rear camera to the LCD in my dash also. Then on to ther things like speed... =)

anyways, have fun on the rest of your trip and hope your son-in-law returns safe and well...

Josh Taburaza
jboyyracer
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn is in Florida!-mebike-and-z.jpg  
Old 04-15-2003, 02:24 PM
JimH

Default Josh

Hey Josh, Thanks for your reply. I just spaced out and couldn't pull your name out of my memory bank. Sorry bout' that.
It was great meeting another enthusiastic 350 owner. You do the marque proud Josh!
If you read this in time, I am meeting Scott at Jimmy's sound shop on Eglin hwy and just south of 98 at 6pm tonight for some pix. Would be great to get your car in there too. Regards, Jim