Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My airbags deployed but dont have a ding on my car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My airbags deployed but dont have a ding on my car?

Hey guys i got ran off the road 2 weeks ago spun like 3 times but didnt hit anything but a patch of grass i was just wondering my airbag window and seat air bag deployed and i dont have not a scratch or dent on the car it looks like it just came of the showroom floor why the hell would this happen i guess my airbag pre ejaculated or something ok that nasty but for real? Oh and for the other people that read my other thread about replacing my 19inch wheel the adjuster gave me 750 dollars to replace it thats plenty.

Last edited by marques1; 04-04-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Shift_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
Hey guys i got ran off the road 2 weeks ago spun like 3 times but didnt hit anything but a patch of grass i was just wondering my airbag window and seat air bag deployed and i dont have not a scratch or dent on the car it looks like it just came of the showroom floor why the hell would this happen i guess my airbag pre ejuculated or something ok that nasty but for real? Oh and for the other people that read my other thread about replacing my 19inch wheel the adjuster gave me 750 dollars to replace it thats plenty.
Interesting choice of words
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
MeetJoeAsian

if you got ran off the road, chances are you're talking about your side/curtain airbags...there is a certain degree that your car can tilt/be unbalanced before the airbags deploy in case of a rollover...so, your car probably started going off the road and one side of the car was slanting into the ditch while the other was still on road surface level causing an imbalance in the degree of norm tripping the RSCA sensor to go off and deploying the bags...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 04-04-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
dozzer1b

jus go 2 dealer and b like "WTF....y did my air bags deploy......they almost killed me"...and they will replace em 4 free!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
jus go 2 dealer and b like "WTF....y did my air bags deploy......they almost killed me"...and they will replace em 4 free!!!!!!!!
actually, your car has something similar to an airplane's "black box" that will log events like that...so the dealership will know that your car was imbalanced...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
plumpzz

That would make no sense. Ive been on 30 degree banks ( while reversing in my cousins drive way which is wide but short) and nothing went off... Just go there and *****. If they give u a hard time.. ***** some more.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Everybodywildou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
actually, your car has something similar to an airplane's "black box" that will log events like that...so the dealership will know that your car was imbalanced...
Ebay sells those things to reset that
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
bacalhau16

Yea, but is EBAY going to repair the ripped seat. You cant just reset the airbags to use them again.

I definitely think if you went to your local dealer, and said that it couldve caused a serious injury, they would have no problem replacing it.

One magazine once set off the side air bags in a new pathfinder, but that wasnt until they were off roading in it and it bottomed out on the driver's side step up.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
marques1

you think if i ***** that they would fix the problem for free my insurance gave me the money to fix it but if i can get it done for free i will pocket the money. As far as the ditch goes it really isnt steep its pretty much flat so i dont understand why this would happen. If the ditch was even a little steep i would have messed up the body on my car not a scratch on the car at all im thinking about calling them tomorrow and start *****ing.

Last edited by marques1; 04-04-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
HighwaySpeed

The original thread didn't make any sense, why make another thread?

Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 AM
SSZVirginia

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian

I didn't think the z's had the black box. My '03 doesn't.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 AM
SpeedRcr

the car comp tracks things like this, all they have to do is hook up their diag tool and see...
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 AM
SSZVirginia

I know it tracks and records error codes but does it actually store telemetry from the last 10 seconds or so? I looked into it when I bought the car and was reasonable satisfied there wasn’t an event recorder that could be used by the insurance or police to reconstruct an accident/event.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Time To Close Repeat Thread

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/258765-got-ran-off-the-road-last-night-amazing-story.html

Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
Yea, but is EBAY going to repair the ripped seat. You cant just reset the airbags to use them again.

I definitely think if you went to your local dealer, and said that it couldve caused a serious injury, they would have no problem replacing it.

One magazine once set off the side air bags in a new pathfinder, but that wasnt until they were off roading in it and it bottomed out on the driver's side step up.
You don't get it. He's going to reset the black box so that he CAN walk into the dealership and say "why the f*ck did my airbags go off."
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
gas, meet foot

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Ive been on 30 degree banks ... and nothing went off... Just go there and *****.
It's not just the angle, it's how fast your car gets to that angle. If the accelerometer sees you change angle fast (say, from bouncing), it's more likely to trigger the airbags than a gentle change (parking on the side of a hill).

Confirmed by:
Originally Posted by bacalhau16

Originally Posted by Polo08816
You don't get it. He's going to reset the black box so that he CAN walk into the dealership and say "why the f*ck did my airbags go off."
...to which they will wonder, "Why the f*ck don't we see any of the data that gets logged when the airbags go off?" Then, it's a crapshoot as to whether Nissan considers the lack of vehicle damage (did OP check the underside?) and data as a fluke.

Last edited by gas, meet foot; 04-05-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Everybodywildou

Originally Posted by Polo08816
Exactly. Thank you sir
Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 PM
marques1

Well i called the dealership today they arent going to cover it because they said that the airbags will go off even if you dont hit something if your going to fast for example and hit a good bump its a chance that they might deploy.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
QuicksilverZ33

Well i called the dealership today they arent going to cover it because they said that the airbags will go off even if you dont hit something if your going to fast for example and hit a good bump its a chance that they might deploy.
Sounds like bs to me...they should replace it...
Old 04-05-2007, 05:25 PM
TheCajunStyle

Well you got hosed, tommy.

Actually go to a different dealership, and when asked questions about your driving habits and events leading up to the deployment of the airbags, act like you've never received a primary education.

Quick Reply: My airbags deployed but dont have a ding on my car?