Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Test drove a 2007 Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
tmak26b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first dealer I went to didnt let me drive one, so I bought it a week later and drove it back for an "oil filter"
Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Husky606

thanks guys. i really appreciate all of the feedback. ill keep you posted on how things are coming along.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Very inspiring. Excellent critique.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:54 PM
StewartZ

Originally Posted by Devil Z
You're 17 and still in High School, why don't YOU shut the hell up and show some respect, he clearly has a higher IQ than you if he's gotten to this stage in his life.

What're you doing, applying to your local community college while working at the local Safeway?

OP, ignore this underaged virgin dumbass.
HAHAHAH dude let me fix this comment... yes I am 17 and yes I do work at Tom Thumb which is funny you got that part but I'm not a virgin and I'm not going to Community College I'm actually going to University of Oklahoma... So before you assume shut the **** up

I apologize to the OP i was just being a dick and was grumpy didn't mean that ****.... My immature 17 yr old self came out... I apologize...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by StewartZ
HAHAHAH dude let me fix this comment... yes I am 17 and yes I do work at Tom Thumb which is funny you got that part but I'm not a virgin and I'm not going to Community College I'm actually going to University of Oklahoma... So before you assume shut the **** up

I apologize to the OP i was just being a dick and was grumpy didn't mean that ****.... My immature 17 yr old self came out... I apologize...
Well, glad you manned up and apologized (to the OP).

I have nothing against you. Just random rude comments.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 AM
StewartZ

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Well, glad you manned up and apologized (to the OP).

I have nothing against you. Just random rude comments.
Wasn't that I wasn't manning up... I got home at 10 last night so didn't read the comment till I got home
Old 04-11-2007, 08:09 AM
dtm255

The first dealer I went to didnt let me drive one, so I bought it a week later and drove it back for an "oil filter"
Hope they didn't add water in your engine.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Accordaleer

I feel you man, my lease on my Accord is ending in august and I stopped by nissan to take out an Altima 4 door, to see how i would like the 2 door when it came out. Decided to try a Z before hand for the hell of it, of course i fell in love. I just spent all the money i had saved from working for 3 months, 2k on surgery, another 1k on another procedure. Got layed off work. Father told me he can get me the loan for the car through his credit union and will pay for the first year for me. I'm kicking myself for ever test driving it. I went again tonight to bs with a saleman and got into one again. I really want the 07 more than anything, i feel like im gonna spend so much i might as well get it brand new, even if the 06 is " a few thousand less" such as like 3k.. meanwhile a salesman took us out in a brand new sti, friend is getting one in few months... holy.... real fast heh... didnt get to really get on the Z when i drove it, but guy let me take out a mustang GT yesterday with my friend, also very fast.... im only 21, and i look young, i guess just the way you present yourself and how good you can bs will get you a test drive. GL to ya, gonna go job hunting myself and start saving hardcore, i want this more than anything. sorry for long post lol
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Fulgore243

Originally Posted by asugradinwa
If you earn 8% per year in the IRA you'll have a nice $108,000 at age 59.
No one below the age of 35 thinks that far into the future.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 AM
stalarman@yahoo

Hey i just wanted to drop my cents in for the guy buying the 07 Z. Dude, im 19, in school full time, i work full time. I bought a 03 Z for 22k out the door. (i live in Nva to). But the point im trying to make is, my pmt is 428 /mo. it sucks, but im young and dumb. The real point im trying to make is it can be a little distraction but you will get used to the payments and the responsibility. You just have to learn to level bills, school, work... women... its cool having one at 19 im not going to lie. Take some time and sleep on it. heres a tip, if you sign on a friday you have the whole weekend to sleep/think about it untill you go in again on monday. you will know if the feeling is right. congrats man and make the right decision.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Sup3rduperZ

hey guys im kinda new to this site im usually over at 350zfrenzy.com. anyway I am 17 yrs old and i just purchased a brick z with 21k on it. I work 2 jobs to afford it and still maintain school along with a social life. not to hard if you try. But in the long run I love my 350z and will keep working my *** off so I can have something I want. Btw anybody going to the Ridley Creek State Park at Pavilion 17 Z meet?? April 21st? When i went to the dealer to test drive one he didnt ask for my lisence or anything he jsut trew me the keys and said lets go for a spin and we drove about 15 or so miles on the highway and he look at me and said drive how you would drive this car and then just "opened her right up". The sales man was probably the coolest ones iv'e ever talked to lol. The other ones like to pressure you into the buy this guy lets you make ur own decessions without trying to interfear. I live In Newark Delaware and i got it at the nissan dealer ship in Newark. Anybody here from around the area??

Last edited by Sup3rduperZ; 04-13-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MODMTR

My parents bought me a Viper when I hit 16!

You mean the snake? so you can play with it instead?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM
thorbecke bros

okay so here is my question, why get rid of the 2004 focus? If it is giving you problems then I can understand. But to get rid of a 3 year old car for another is totally impractical.

In my line of work I find too many people who try to keep up with the jones family down the street and get rid of cars just to have the next bigger & better thing without ever thinking of the future.

I'll also let you know- If you think you are getting a car that hasn't been raced in a new car then think again. When I sold cars duruing college there wasn't a day the guys I worked didn't have the fastest car in the lot out on the freeway bouncing off the rev limiter. And if the Redline is the only Z there you bet it has been rode hard and put away wet already.

Here is another idea- put $5,000 of that down payment into an IRA and save the other $5000 and what would be your monthly payment in a high yield savings account for a down payment for a house or condo. If you earn 8% per year in the IRA you'll have a nice $108,000 at age 59. Invest it and hit the average of 10% and you'll have $226,000. If you invest wisely and hit an average of 12 % you'll have $465,000. Plus in 5 years that other $5000 with those $505 monthly payments would be a whopping $40,000 ready for a house or condo assuming you get it into a 5% savings rate. Oh and if you REALLY want the Z then you can pay for it in cash, like what I did at 24.

So hmmm buy a new car and pay $505 per month for the next 60 months or be able to buy just about any car when you retire and get a down payment for a place to live?

No matter what I'd start putting away that $1000 a month and see how your life changes without that big chunck of change and if you like it.

dave ramsey to the rescue!!

www.daveramsey.com
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
kaizenro1

Give me a written guarantee I'll live to 59 and I'll listen to that advice.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:06 AM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Husky606
as i stated, my dad offered to pay for my Z in full but i told him i would feel more responsible and appreciative of it if i did everything myself
Old 04-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Husky606

Originally Posted by kaizenro1
Give me a written guarantee I'll live to 59 and I'll listen to that advice.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Alan C

Im kind of in the same boat as you Husky... I am 19 and am in school, (which my parents paid for) I also work a lot, and i get paid a pretty good wage as well. Im having troubles deciding whether i want a new or used. I would also be putting 10k down. The only problem for me is that i live in canada and insurance here is rediculous. My quote was about 360/month for just insurance. That is also with a totally clean record. I make around $20000 a year because i work so much. However, I am also looking into investing in real estate. All the money that will go into the 7 would make a good monthly payment on a mortgage. So im a bit stuck as well.

P.S. I also just walked into the dealership and they let me test drive the 07 GT350z no problem. I guess us 19 year olds just get a lot of respect nowadays haha. O ya, i drove an old 93 jeep to the dealership as well, so it had nothin to do with the sweet ride i was in haha.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
cltype-s

i just got a 07 z base and im paying 562 monthly and 290 for insurance and im 21 with two speeding tickets and 1 red light
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 AM
evolved326

okay so here is my question, why get rid of the 2004 focus? If it is giving you problems then I can understand. But to get rid of a 3 year old car for another is totally impractical.

In my line of work I find too many people who try to keep up with the jones family down the street and get rid of cars just to have the next bigger & better thing without ever thinking of the future.

I'll also let you know- If you think you are getting a car that hasn't been raced in a new car then think again. When I sold cars duruing college there wasn't a day the guys I worked didn't have the fastest car in the lot out on the freeway bouncing off the rev limiter. And if the Redline is the only Z there you bet it has been rode hard and put away wet already.

Here is another idea- put $5,000 of that down payment into an IRA and save the other $5000 and what would be your monthly payment in a high yield savings account for a down payment for a house or condo. If you earn 8% per year in the IRA you'll have a nice $108,000 at age 59. Invest it and hit the average of 10% and you'll have $226,000. If you invest wisely and hit an average of 12 % you'll have $465,000. Plus in 5 years that other $5000 with those $505 monthly payments would be a whopping $40,000 ready for a house or condo assuming you get it into a 5% savings rate. Oh and if you REALLY want the Z then you can pay for it in cash, like what I did at 24.

So hmmm buy a new car and pay $505 per month for the next 60 months or be able to buy just about any car when you retire and get a down payment for a place to live?

No matter what I'd start putting away that $1000 a month and see how your life changes without that big chunck of change and if you like it.

Brcause its his money. Also because after this you die and will longer have existance. Enjoy the ride.