Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 02:04 AM
poweraddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?

Im curious, who has heard what around here?

Id say Top Secret or Power Enterprise?
Old 04-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Ricky
Banned

Self-Promoting?
Top Secret possibly, but how long will their motor last? I say 3 weeks!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:55 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Default Re: Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?

Originally posted by poweraddict
Im curious, who has heard what around here?

Id say Top Secret or Power Enterprise?
i dont remember either one of them posting timeslips (nor an official greddy one either...).
Old 04-18-2003, 07:22 PM
deviousZ
Banned

I would like to see them all duke it out at the track
Old 04-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Finality

Originally posted by Ricky
Self-Promoting?
Top Secret possibly, but how long will their motor last? I say 3 weeks!
A skyline motor? You'd be hard pressed to destroy that.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:01 PM
poweraddict

Originally posted by Finality
A skyline motor? You'd be hard pressed to destroy that.

Top Secret doesn't have a skyline motor, they have a twin turbo VQ.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Finality

Sorry I was thinking about these guys:
http://www.batlground.com
Old 04-19-2003, 04:03 PM
poweraddict

Originally posted by Finality
Sorry I was thinking about these guys:
http://www.batlground.com
Yeah, our cars are going to be in the December issue of Turbo Magazine.

The batlground Supra and 350Z, we ran a 10.7@138mph last night on street tires, no nitrous and pump gas timing.

Supra will be hitting nines by the end of the month, on drag radials. 350Z should be running with the Supra when we finish it, currently installing the roll cage in both cars.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Ricky
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?

Originally posted by VQracer
Ignorance
You're annoying.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Ricky
Banned

The batlground Supra and 350Z, we ran a 10.7@138mph last night on street tires, no nitrous and pump gas timing.
Congrats. The Z ran the 10.7? Not bad at alll.. my friends Viper GT-S with Supercharger ran a 10.7 flat also... Have you dyno'd the Z yet?
Old 04-19-2003, 09:59 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

no, they have a single turbo garrett gt-30 on their 540hp Z33., right? i would think twin gt-30 would be overkill...

also

10.7 was run on your supra, not the Z, right?

Last edited by SKiDaZZLe; 04-19-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:16 PM
colt45

Default I have some serious questions

I am a honda/acura tuner. However i have some serious questions id like to ask you if you had time to talk. This is regarding a close friends new 350 track edition. I am putting together a turbo kit for him or possibly the rb swap like you did.

First of all does anyone have a turbo manifold available for purchase for the 350 z? If so where do i look? Everything seems to be at mythical stages now.

Secondly, is anyone aware of manufactures making forged low compression pistons or forged rods for the 350 engine?

And finally, what heavy duty clutches and head parts are available for the motor if any? Are there any valvespring or retainers available?

I am new to this 350 deal, but im almost positive it wouldnt be a bad platform. With help and any info on these matters, i can begin making this turbo kit for these cars. I would have kits available with all items, and be on the job asap, not some mythical story.

Let me know via email hybridboy93@hotmail.com, only regarding if i can get these parts or answers to my rb swap questions. Please dont BLOW UP my email with orders and questions, im merely testing the waters now.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:38 AM
poweraddict

Default Re: I have some serious questions

Originally posted by colt45
I am a honda/acura tuner. However i have some serious questions id like to ask you if you had time to talk. This is regarding a close friends new 350 track edition. I am putting together a turbo kit for him or possibly the rb swap like you did.

First of all does anyone have a turbo manifold available for purchase for the 350 z? If so where do i look? Everything seems to be at mythical stages now.

Secondly, is anyone aware of manufactures making forged low compression pistons or forged rods for the 350 engine?

And finally, what heavy duty clutches and head parts are available for the motor if any? Are there any valvespring or retainers available?

I am new to this 350 deal, but im almost positive it wouldnt be a bad platform. With help and any info on these matters, i can begin making this turbo kit for these cars. I would have kits available with all items, and be on the job asap, not some mythical story.

Let me know via email hybridboy93@hotmail.com, only regarding if i can get these parts or answers to my rb swap questions. Please dont BLOW UP my email with orders and questions, im merely testing the waters now.

The 10.7 was in the supra without nitrous and on drag radials, next weekend the supra will be running 9's. We have the single turbo manifolds for the RBZ, but it is still undecided if we will sell them to the public. We will probably only sell them if we do the installation also. The RBZ Project is more complicated then it sounds, there is no exhaust manifold that will fit, the stock twins probably can not be used. We have a clutch for sale, that will be on our website soon. It is a single disk clutch with a light flywheel that will hold 650ft/lbs of torque. It is a great clutch. The head can be built to support a constant reving of 9,000rpm, like our Supra does to maximize the power band. Parts for the head can be purchased by me, I will see the entire 9,000rpm kit. But its up to you to install yourself, or have a machine shop to install, unless you want to take it to Batlground where we could do it.

Also, everyone who does this swap must consider what to do with the ECU, and be skilled with the electronics, making the tire pressure sensors, digital speedometer and all the other electronics function.

We also have 6pt bolt in roll cages for sale for the 350Z, which I can guarentee, everyone who does this swap will need.

Thank You!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:26 AM
colt45

Default ok, heres a question

I would like to retain the stock 350 engine in this particular project. I recently had a turbocharged h22s prelude motor. I ran into many driving issues and so forth with the heavier engine, and lost alot of driveability on my own car. I could contest doing an rb26 but im pretty sure that i myself can build this particular motor to great heights. I just dont want this nice car to end up understeering and loosing all its nice features. and honestly i have no concern to work this much for what i get in return. so i think ill stick with the 350z engine for now.

The displacement is allready a bonus on the 350. I was curious on these components you listed, are these for the 350z engine?

I need some info possibly about the fuel system you think i could use on this car. Id like to do a fuel cell, 1000gph pump, -10 lines, and 720 injectors witha resistor box and power fc or fcon vpro.

I am looking for valvesprings, retainers, clutches, flywheels, intake manifolds, throttlebodys. Any of these above. I cant find much so far, so id greatly appreciate some assistance so i can begin building away. Thanks for your time and help.

Colt Burns

Zerolift Autolab
Cincinnati, Ohio
(513) 226-8342

Last edited by colt45; 04-20-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:33 AM
poweraddict

Default Re: ok, heres a question

I would like to retain the stock 350 engine in this particular project. I recently had a turbocharged h22s prelude motor. I ran into many driving issues and so forth with the heavier engine, and lost alot of driveability on my own car. I could contest doing an rb26 but im pretty sure that i myself can build this particular motor to great heights. I just dont want this nice car to end up understeering and loosing all its nice features. and honestly i have no concern to work this much for what i get in return. so i think ill stick with the 350z engine for now.

The displacement is allready a bonus on the 350. I was curious on these components you listed, are these for the 350z engine?

I am looking for valvesprings, retainers, clutches, flywheels, intake manifolds, throttlebodys. Any of these above. I cant find much so far, so id greatly appreciate some assistance so i can begin building away. Thanks for your time and help.

Colt Burns

Zerolift Autolab
Cincinnati, Ohio
(513) 226-8342

Actually the RBZ won't loose any features. It will handle better then a stock 350Z, after the project we are going to get the cars corner weights, and our sponsor JIC, are very confident they can adjust the spring rates accordingly to get the car to handle much better then it did stock, no understeer or too much oversteer. Plus we will probably get the car to a 50/50 weight ratio.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:38 AM
GradZ

poweraddict, why hype your car before it's even completed? Yes, you've made an announcement about an RB26DETT powered 350z. Is the project completed? No (inferred from your comments). Do we need to hear about it every week? Status updates are fine. But why keep trying to instigate posts which will bring back the subject of the "Batlground 350z"? It's obvious you're looking for exposure (either for yourself or the company). Batlground is a new tuner (read, never heard of them before your posts) and of course they deserve props if and when the project is completed, but we don't need to be inundated with Batlground this or Batlground that. The project isn't even completed.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:31 AM
UnderPressure

poweraddict,

Check your PM, I've got a question for you.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:56 AM
poweraddict

Originally posted by GradZ
poweraddict, why hype your car before it's even completed? Yes, you've made an announcement about an RB26DETT powered 350z. Is the project completed? No (inferred from your comments). Do we need to hear about it every week? Status updates are fine. But why keep trying to instigate posts which will bring back the subject of the "Batlground 350z"? It's obvious you're looking for exposure (either for yourself or the company). Batlground is a new tuner (read, never heard of them before your posts) and of course they deserve props if and when the project is completed, but we don't need to be inundated with Batlground this or Batlground that. The project isn't even completed.
I don't work for Batlground, but I think they deserve more attention then anyone else, especially in Atlanta. I don't care about the exposer for myself, because I don't deserve it.

Who cares if the project is completed, the point is, it will be soon, and we are further along then anyone else in the world on this project.

All I did was ask, who has the fastest 350Z in the world, and replied to some posts.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:38 PM
colt45

Default just remember

Theres no replacement for displacement.

3.5 vs 2.6

twin turbo the 3.5, and you have all that volume to use to spool up some giant turbos.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:01 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just remember

Theres no replacement for displacement.
A Honda tuner using this phrase, well I hope at least the irony is not lost on you(no flames intended, Ive tuned my share of Hondas )

Anyhow, if your interested in pistons and rods, JE will cut you any piston to custom specs from billet for just a little more than their catalog slugs. Order a single 350Z piston from a Nissan parts dept, CC the dome and do the math to figure out how low you want to go. Send the piston to JE with your specs and they will use it to cut your new pistons. We have done this before with them and they are very helpful. Crower will also make you custom rods to spec but are considerably more expensive than their catalog pieces. Ya gotta pay to play

Quick Reply: Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?