Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan dealer in my area is a crook

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
MEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nissan dealer in my area is a crook

so that's what happened, when I first got my Z every thing was fine till I was putting around 30000Km on my car (18750 miles) & the warranty ends at 60000 Km (37500 miles); I started to notice that when I start the car doesn't wanna start unless I do it for many trials or I step on the gas pedal so it can start.

I took it to the dealer to check it & they used to say it's just only an RPM adjustment. but after many times I used to take it back to their work shop cuz this problem didn't go; so I asked him to see if there is something is wrong with the spark plugs espcially when the car started to puf & rattel & they replied that no you don't have to change the spark plugs until 80000 Km (50000 miles) I was like ok I can't buy what you are saying but I have to let it go for the sake of the warranty which I don't want to be broken if I took it some where else

by the time when my warranty went off I decided to change the spark plugs & when the guy pulled the last spark plug it was full of oil

I took the car back to the dealer & I told the serviec engineer about what I found, he told me this is bad for Nisaan reputation cuz I am put considerable low millage 70000 Km (43750 miles) & it's too early for the car to act like this.

of course this a**h*le told me they have too open the engin's head & it might cost me alot cuz they have to check the pistons & the gaskets......etc; of course cuz I'm out of warranty & he advised me to talk to someone (like begging him) to see if they can have it under warranty. I was really pissed off, then they told me they will send my profle to Nissan Middle East & they can issue some kind an aouthrization letter to have fixed under warranty & they did send my cars history as a committed customer to the serviec & of course the reply was no approval

really as far as I love my Z I hated the car cuz of the dealer

& definetly I'm gonna send this link of what I'm telling you guys to Nissan Middle East but I need someone to help me to give me just an E mail for someone in there
Old 04-20-2007, 09:14 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nissan customer service is horrible. My warranty was voided at 6000miles so dont feel so bad. I thought the engine and tranny were warantied untill 60k miles.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by MEI
... but I have to let it go for the sake of the warranty which I don't want to be broken if I took it some where else
Youi are free to get your car serviced anywhere you want. That will not effect your warranty in any way.

... he told me this is bad for Nisaan reputation cuz I am put considerable low millage 70000 Km (43750 miles) & it's too early for the car to act like this.

...he advised me to talk to someone (like begging him) to see if they can have it under warranty.... they told me they will send my profle to Nissan Middle East & they can issue some kind an aouthrization letter to have fixed under warranty & they did send my cars history as a committed customer to the serviec & of course the reply was no approval
Sounds to me like the dealership has made a significant effort to help you get this resolved. I think your complaint is with Nissan, not the dealership.

bill
Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 AM
davidf

Stealerships.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
MEI

Youi are free to get your car serviced anywhere you want. That will not effect your warranty in any way.
No because if they knew you have loosen a single bolt from your car, they will claim that you are out of the warranty cuz you have to fix & maintain any thing at their place this is one of their ways cuz warranty means paying from thier pockets

Sounds to me like the dealership has made a significant effort to help you get this resolved. I think your complaint is with Nissan, not the dealership.
well but to me they didn't do, cuz they should have listend to me when I asked them "many times" to check the spark plugs for god sake what kind of spark plugs to be changed every 80000Km. for me they have only submitted my file to Nissan "clerical job" & that's it because they knew it's their mistake so they didn't even bother to stand by my side.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocks
Nissan customer service is horrible. My warranty was voided at 6000miles so dont feel so bad. I thought the engine and tranny were warantied untill 60k miles.
why was it voided?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The warranty that came with your car is a Nissan warranty, not a X Dealership warranty. Its good anywhere there is a Nissan dealer. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:08 AM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by MEI
No because if they knew you have loosen a single bolt from your car, they will claim that you are out of the warranty cuz you have to fix & maintain any thing at their place this is one of their ways cuz warranty means paying from thier pockets
Simply NOT true. Do a search for "Moss-Magnuson Act"

"No warrantor may condition the continued validity of a warranty on the use of only authorized repair service and/or authorized replacement parts for non-warranty service and maintenance."

More info here:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2669.html

I haven't had a car serviced at a dealership in over 20 years. But I have never been denied warranty coverage.

bill
Old 04-21-2007, 04:20 AM
2003TrackZ

dealerships are horrible...i work for one, but was it documented by the dealership that you did complain about the sparkplugs? if so, thats grounds for them to honor your warranty even after its expired. because as everyone knows, the qr25 eats catalysts, and my buddy had a sentra ser spec v, and it lost compression. he had made previous complaints, and his died out about 7000 out of warranty, and they still warrantied a new motor for him.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
HDPDZO6

You all do know the OP is in Saudi Arabia, correct?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Sean

can you contact a local sultan/sheik type of person, I know someone like that can make almost anything happen.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Mid117

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
You all do know the OP is in Saudi Arabia, correct?
thanks for singling out his ethnicity.

He already mentioned "Nissan Middle East"
Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Simply NOT true. Do a search for "Moss-Magnuson Act"

"No warrantor may condition the continued validity of a warranty on the use of only authorized repair service and/or authorized replacement parts for non-warranty service and maintenance."

I haven't had a car serviced at a dealership in over 20 years. But I have never been denied warranty coverage.l
The criticism of mentioning someone's ethnicity was not deserved. HDPD was reminding Bill that Middle Eastern dealers hardly have to care about the Moss-Magnuson Act. Furthermore, no one knows what the OP's ethnicity is. Would I know your's if you lived in the U.S.?

That dealer has a lot more sway with Nissan Mid-East than the OP. There is no way they don't have some responsibility in this problem. I'm guessing there may not be a lot of Dealers he could have picked from or shops to work on them.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 AM
arejohn

he warranty that came with your car is a Nissan warranty, not a X Dealership warranty. Its good anywhere there is a Nissan dealer. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying.

I suggest you not give legal advice for jurisdictions outside your area of expertise. Like lemon laws, they vary by location.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by arejohn
he warranty that came with your car is a Nissan warranty, not a X Dealership warranty. Its good anywhere there is a Nissan dealer. If they are telling you otherwise, they are lying.

I suggest you not give legal advice for jurisdictions outside your area of expertise. Like lemon laws, they vary by location.
The OP gave his opinion the dealer was a crook and then explained why so others could judge that opinion. What expertise is required for that? Were you directing your comment to someone else? Who? I suggest not commenting if commenting is outside your area of expertise. Sounds like you were trying to be helpful, but to whom?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Mid117
thanks for singling out his ethnicity.

He already mentioned "Nissan Middle East"
??? Trying to bait me? I inferred no such thing, merely pointing out that laws applicable in the US hold no water in other countries. But thanks for trying.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
bofa

+1