Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z - Evo MR - STi

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
page04Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has probably been explained 100x already, but this is coming from a prior suby owner.

Evo is the best bang for the buck, responds the best to mods. Aggressive look, although a bit distasteful looking in some aspects.

STI, simply put, isn't meant for power. The boxer engine is not as efficient as any inline series motor. The evo 4g63 will always put out better numbers than the ej25. Always. The only thing good about the ej25 motor is the torque numbers it will produce. The sti will keep a nice even tq/hp curve, say 600tq/650hp while the evo will generally put out less tq but hold it higher so it has better horsepower numbers. This is why the AMS evo was like 600tq but 1000hp. Summary: The boxer motor isn't made for power, but it has a bulletproof transmission.

350z. Best looking in my opinion, rwd so it can be more fun in the hands of the right driver. Generally cheaper. Lighter (in some cases, I think the model I have is like 3100lb's while the sti and evo's are closer to 3350). Seems to handle better, from my experience. Closer to a 50/50 weight distribution, the sti is like 58/42.

To be honest, for a daily driver, if i had a family, I would prefer the sti or evo. 4 door, 5 seater, awd will beat a 2dr 2 seater rwd when it comes to economical reasons and family. You can make power for a lot cheaper than the 350z too, thanks to the physics of boost and turbo's. Unless you have the money for a nice family car AND a 350z, I would just go with the awd 4dr 5 seater.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
page04Z

Originally Posted by TouringToday

...the Veyron comment was a joke...please don't put a 4th mortgage on your house to get this...
You'd need more than that just to get on the waiting list
Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
TouringToday

Originally Posted by page04Z
You'd need more than that just to get on the waiting list
haha yes I meant that as more of a joke, not to be taken literally. Even if you took out the mortgage, you'd most likely be declined by the dealership based on yearly income and credit score. But I still laughed when posting it
Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
steppinrazor

Originally Posted by capnstabn
Please don't act like your above anyone. Theres a part of you that bought the car for some asthetic value. If your trying to wife then yes the car should not matter. However when your rolling around town on friday/saturday night looking to take someone home.....every advantage helps. And you are just kidding yourself if you don't think every girl loves a nice car. A nice car gets the girl in the passenger seat more attention and they feel like its not a waste to go home with a guy whose got his act together enough to afford something nice. If its your prerogative to not associate with a female that may seem shallow for these reasons thats cool. But don't hate on guys telling them they suck at life when they are just doing what they can to hook up.
once again, if you need a car to attract girls thats pretty retarded, ive never used my car to get in a girls pants, and i sure as **** have never "rolled around" tryin to attract bitches with me car... im not totally hatin on it.. all my buddies with nice cars pull that **** too, but i think if you dont need the car you got hella more game then the dude who needs his car.

the z is a ****in beutiful car, i love how it looks but i def chose performance over looks, going fast is my thing.. my car is still stock on the outside ( i do plan on getting rims after im pretty content with the performance part) but the looks are for me, im not so concerned with how other people see it, im not going to put on some big *** chromies or whatever else is popular with the looks, performance is first in my book.
and im def. not above anyone, i think that usin your car to get some *** is prett gay, but thats one thing, im not sayin i dont have any bad qualitys

Last edited by steppinrazor; 10-14-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:59 PM
sbZenth

well, im just gonna say something about the actual thread it self haha not about attracting girls with my car.
i was looking at the same three cars. i looked at the sti, and the interior was horrible. i hated the blue. then i looked at the evo. evo won me over, and i liked it much more that the sti. then one day, i stumbled upon this beautiful car and fell in love with it. my Z
personally, i hate the interior of the evos and the stis. my friend drives an sti and everything in it feels outdated. performance wise the evo is nice. i just dont like the interior and comforts. personally i think the z is much classier. there is an audience and buyer for all three cars, just depends on what you/your friend prefers.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 AM
alan305z

Well for me all these car perform really good but me being previous owner Of a 2006 STI and 06 EVoIX GSR and currently owner of a 06 350Z, we all know that a 350Z is the best looking and all but c'mon guys i don't know about ya'll but i see more than 20 350z's in a week and just 1 or 2 evos and sti's (well thats here in florida )even GrandMoms LOL just tell ur friend to get an evo or sti, one less 350z on the road,LOL, EVo 4g63 bulletproof, but extremetely weak tranny, and the stock clutch feels like a piece of paper, compare to the STI and be ready to spent some good amount of money , if you think that ur going far with ur EVoIX (performance ) or if not a simple boltsOn EVo can Be pretty nasty in the 1/4 mile(low 12'or high11 car on street tires) mods:turboback,MBC,02housing DropFilter and tune),Man trust me if ur looking for straight performance right now there's nothing better than an Evo IX.
STi EJ25,tranny is a bulletproof for me one of the best right now,with simple bolts on 1/4mile high 12's to mid 12's, good performance and more street car than the EVo, EVO IS A TRACK THAT YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE STREETS AND THE STI IS A STREET CAR THAT YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE TRACK.
350Z BEST LOOKING,VQ engine is one of the best for the last 10 years straight, V6 sound is just beautiful, but if you wanna get power out of this car be really to spent some cash on ur Build motor and nice Supercharge,TT or my dream (single turbo 350Z, too much money.lol
For pure monster performance =EVO
for pure performance =STi
for looks and performance=350z LOL
having a Sport car wanna make you spent some money but is worth it with a good engine platform .
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
silver350tn

people will prob hate me but i really want an evo
Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 AM
350z Driver

Default I was considering

an evo for awhile. Main reason im steering away from it is the fact that a 350z just looks 10 times better. In addition, I dont think evos or stis are that much faster than the 07 and up Zs, and if your lookin for speed there is always cheap and expensive bolt ons.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 AM
silver350tn

i just like the idea of AWD and i think it looks better than a Z but i got a good deal on my z and could not pass it up its fun and i enjoy it
Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by capnstabn
Please don't act like your above anyone. Theres a part of you that bought the car for some asthetic value. If your trying to wife then yes the car should not matter. However when your rolling around town on friday/saturday night looking to take someone home.....every advantage helps. And you are just kidding yourself if you don't think every girl loves a nice car. A nice car gets the girl in the passenger seat more attention and they feel like its not a waste to go home with a guy whose got his act together enough to afford something nice. If its your prerogative to not associate with a female that may seem shallow for these reasons thats cool. But don't hate on guys telling them they suck at life when they are just doing what they can to hook up.
So what you're saying is you have no game.

You don't buy a car so other people can like the looks... you buy it for YOU.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still going.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:27 PM
lxlHoTsAuSelxl

if not impressed then
http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...aks-cover.html

enough said....................j/k

just a prototype of the 2008 but doesnt look bad, well not for the front but the back reminds me of a mazda 6 or something. My brother was interested in a lX but the X looks alot better, to me that is.

Last edited by lxlHoTsAuSelxl; 10-15-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by lxlHoTsAuSelxl
X looks alot better, to me that is.
i still think the interior looks old but yeah they definitely made the exterior a lot better in the X. its very different from the priors.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM
lxlHoTsAuSelxl

Moved to colorado from kali and decided to purchase a 2008 tundra in a few months, need at 4x4 up here and besides ill get some atv's for fun since im not getting a Z anymore*2009 newly remodel Z is to far away*. But if the production model is anywhere near the Proto EVO X i'll make sure to take a look at it first before getting the truck since it is AWD.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lxlHoTsAuSelxl

if not inpressed then
http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...aks-cover.html

enough said....................j/k

just a prototype of the 2008 but doesnt look bad, well not for the front but the back reminds me of a mazda 6 or something. My brother was interested in a lX but the X looks alot better, to me that is.
Its not BAD, but IMO the Z is STILL a MUCH sexier, CLASSIER, cleaner design. Silk to wool. Both have a purpose I guess.

2005 6MT Touring
Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
sbZenth

haha its nice to post a comparison about three cars in a thread where about 99.9% of the members have a specific one of the cars discussed... kind of biased? lol
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
VENOMSZ

Bah!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want a practical performance 4door car? Go with the evo or sti. The Z is not for everyone. Simple as that!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 PM
steppinrazor

i could be wrong with, but (im not to familiar with either besides the 350) one of them already come turbo charged, and if the 350 at least keeps up, if not beats them, then if you turbo chagr the z, wich might make sence if your wanting to go fast, then when you do turbo charge the z then you will probably kick some ***... ive herd of turbo upgrades, but im not so sure of all that
Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
lxlHoTsAuSelxl

If you want to go fast with passengers, get EVO or STI, if you have alot of $ and want both looks/speed then go with a 350. Evo/STI cheaper to mod for boost, Z harder to push out more hp unless you go turbo. Sexier hands down 350 especially with mods. All three are sweet cars, decide for yourself. By the way, if your friend decides to get a Z I say wait and see how the new redesign model would look that SHOULD be coming out in 2009.

But watch out, the more you look at the prototype EVO X, the more you will fall for her.

Quick Reply: 350z - Evo MR - STi