Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I Swear My Neighbor Did Something to the Car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Korki Buchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Swear My Neighbor Did Something to the Car.

I haven't driven the car since yesterday morning around 8:30 (at which time I went to Jack In the Box and got Croissant with extra egg and no swine with curly fries and a coke).

Between then and this morning when I drove to school I got in a fight with my crazy neighbor. This guy insists that I can't smoke outside of my apartment because the smell from the ashtray "bothers him when he walks by" and he has "an asthma." For about 3 months this guy was collecting cigarette buts from the parking lot and putting them on my doorstep because he was convinced that I was throwing cigarettes on the sidewalk to interfere with his asthma. When he said something about it, I started putting cigarettes in the ashtray because I felt bad. Now, on Sunday morning he walked by and cussed me out over the ashtray, he even called me a "schmuck face."

Today, when I drive the Z, it's like it isn't putting any power to the wheels. The engine revs up fine, the clutch isn't slipping, there is nothing wrong with the intake (which I just installed and thought might be causing it), all of the fluids are fine. But there is a weird sound when the engine is revving down, like something else is slowing down after the engine.

I think the nut-job put something in the gas. The gas cover was open when I went out, but it doesn't look like anything was put in there -- i.e. now powder. Has anyone had any experience with this? What are the symptoms before the engine seizes? (Oh ya, I saw him last night walking around with a huge bucket of laundry soap so think that might be the culprit.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:31 PM
deviantZ

Get the dealership/shop to do a run a sample of your gas if you think it's been tampered. Maybe he stuck butts in your tank.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:33 PM
BallZdeepNYC

**** that go to his house tie his *** up and punch him in the nuts repeatedly and ask him "Did you put some **** in my tank?!!!" over and over till he fesses up then when he does siphon the gas out of your tank into his ******* like steve-O in jackass with the beer and ask him if he likes it put all of that on video and post it on YOUTUBE i bet he wont **** with your **** again
Old 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
kourosH

I see..but why are you getting curly fries and a coke @ 830 am?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Wow...I wouldn't drive it till you have the fuel checked out, I could not imagine this tool pouring soap into your gas,,, but he does sound a bit unstable....

Last edited by BrianDT3wZ; 04-23-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
mdracer76
Banned

F*ck him up.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

How could he get to the gas tank if the release is inside the car. Did you lock the car when you left it?
And if he did f*ck with it then just break his windshield or something. He will get the hint not to mess with other people's cars and he wont be able to prove it was you.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I1DER

There are some pretty rabid anti-smoking fanatics out there. They probably weren't nice people before they got on that band wagon. Stop worrying and have the gas sampled. You don't want to blame him for something he didn't do, but for what he did do.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
black06z

the gas tank isn't hard to open up while its closed. All you need is a skinny tool.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black06z
the gas tank isn't hard to open up while its closed. All you need is a skinny tool.

what does ***** size have to do with it?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
deviantZ

lol, get like 50 cone incense and light them in the ashtray at once.

+1 on the gas cap being easy to get open, well unless you actually hit the button, then it never opens.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Track

Good luck with this.

I am going to stop reading these stories because they so **** me off. It makes me want to go out and fight everyone else's battles and frustrates me when I can't do that.

If you cannot garage your Z's, then please get a lockable car cover. I know that won't stop everything, but it sure does stop a lot and makes it much harder for the bad guys and the birds (and the sun) to deminish your Z's beauty.

I think if I had one wish, it would be a tough call between curing world hunger or putting a garage around every Z. If every Z had a garage, maybe world hunger would just go away on its own?

I'd be willing to take that gamble.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:19 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by sean1967
what does ***** size have to do with it?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:22 AM
Forrest80

Find some where else to smoke, maybe MOVE away from the door step where he has to walk by.

My crack head mom smokes on our door step, if it was legal id straight punch her in the back of the head. I dont mind the smoke but im getting tired of stepping on ashes and then walking into the house with them on the bottom of my feet. Pluss the ***** is in the way every time i wanna walk in and out of the house and she dont move.

On the reverse side if something is in your gas, well you know what to do hehe.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 AM
tomiegunzz

Originally Posted by Track
Good luck with this.

I am going to stop reading these stories because they so **** me off. It makes me want to go out and fight everyone else's battles and frustrates me when I can't do that.

If you cannot garage your Z's, then please get a lockable car cover. I know that won't stop everything, but it sure does stop a lot and makes it much harder for the bad guys and the birds (and the sun) to deminish your Z's beauty.

I think if I had one wish, it would be a tough call between curing world hunger or putting a garage around every Z. If every Z had a garage, maybe world hunger would just go away on its own?

I'd be willing to take that gamble.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:19 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by SiCKBLaCKMaX99
**** that go to his house tie his *** up and punch him in the nuts repeatedly and ask him "Did you put some **** in my tank?!!!" over and over till he fesses up then when he does siphon the gas out of your tank into his ******* like steve-O in jackass with the beer and ask him if he likes it put all of that on video and post it on YOUTUBE i bet he wont **** with your **** again
Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I wanted **** with your car like that I would **** in the gas tank.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 AM
angelzhope720

wow what a crackhead. where in LA do you live?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 AM
zipgun

Excluding your nutritional breakfast

I not a smoker but if your outside, coming out of your own place etc. Tell him to F***off Why should you have to bow down? You have rights same as he does. Go get your car checked out and if need be sic the cops or apt mangement on this ****.

They didnt ban smoking in all the open public air yet did they?
http://www.dir.ca.gov/DOSH/dosh_publ...s/smoking.html
Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Korki Buchek

Oh, I get the "where in LA are you" question now. I'm not in one of those parts that banned smoking outdoors. Anyhow, it doesn't block the sidewalk, I'm on the corner, so he doesn't even have to step over ashes or anything. I have a small area with a fence. He does sh*t like this to everyone in the building.

He asked his downstairs neighbor stop smoking inside because it was coming in his window. The neighbor agrees to do it in summer where the windows are open and then the crazy guy refuses to move his air conditioner in winter so that he can close the window and insists that the the smoke bothers his asthma. Then he insists that the guy can't smoke in the parking lot either because that interferes with his asthma as well.

He recently yelled at other neighbors for barbecuing because "the smell interferes with his asthma." The same goes for a guy reversing into his parking spot so that he can unload groceries -- the exhaust, of course, interferes with crazy guy's asthma. He also waits for people to park in the "loading zone" and then if you get out of the car he will fly out of his house and say 'you can't park here, why don't you park over there.' One of these incidents is the start of the cigarette thing with me because I ignored him.

He also peers in neighbors windows at night.

Real stand-up guy.

Quick Reply: I Swear My Neighbor Did Something to the Car.