Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Neighbor's cat scratched my new Z!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
JAB_06-350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we had sunroofs, we could take care of cats like this....

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/106
Old 04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
zblondiego

Found a solution!

or

Just kidding!

Some of your replies are hilarious!

I don't believe any of you would truly hurt pets. I know, I would never hurt an animal!

For the time being, I'll stay near the garage if I don't close it completely.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Cat needs to get out of the house once in a while.

I'll look into a metal screen door for the side garage door.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem. You dont have to kill the cat, just a simple relocation. I made a trip to the mountains for the weekend. I dont know if the cat had an owner but it was always in my yard.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
tware

well... I would buy a pitbull to protect the car.. but they are expensive, so you might need a timber wolf to protect the pitbull

/Norm used to be funny..
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB_06-350Z
If we had sunroofs, we could take care of cats like this....

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/106
that is outstanding, it would be a mess inside the car if you acctually let it close that far, but great concept
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Princess-Leah
"Kill the cat" Blah Blah Blah. What predictible comments.

What a bunch of tough guys.
+1
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
woof*

the same laws that govern dogs, govern cats. leash laws etc.dogs are not allowed to run free,destroy peoples property, and crap all over the place...... either are cats. alot of cat owners are whacked out and dont see it the same as dogs.your local animal control office should provide traps for free.
i wouldnt kill any animal over a scratch on a car, but for sure i'd do something about this.also i would not adjust my lifestyle or property to please an irresponsible cat owner. just get a trap, use the tuna and when you have the cat call animal control..they will pick up the cat... and fine$ the owner. ive been down this road and it worked out just fine.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ sounds like an excellent plan and you get your back at your dumba$$ neighbor.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
keosh

I would shove a M-80 up the cats a** and light it on fire and watch the cat fly into the air hahaha well if it dies and you see lost grey cat missing signs up then you found who owns the dang cat if he survives well you just had some great entertainment and was worth a 8 inch scratch hahaha
Old 04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
jamerjam

Grow up!!! and get a DOG.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM
ericjimenez

catch it and then show it to the neighbor
Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 PM
LIdrew

I would say that the cat didn't even scratch your car to begin with. Cat's claws retract into a sheath. They walk/jump etc on the soft pads of their paws with their claws unexposed. A cat would have no reason to extend its claws while on your car.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Electricchild

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur

Nice one! I would love a bigger pic of that.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by LIdrew
I would say that the cat didn't even scratch your car to begin with. Cat's claws retract into a sheath. They walk/jump etc on the soft pads of their paws with their claws unexposed. A cat would have no reason to extend its claws while on your car.
I own 5 cats. You are wrong. Sorry.

(I've actually trained them not to jump on my vehicles by squirting them with a water hose.)

Last edited by JCat; 04-25-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM
zblondiego

Really it is true! It was my neighbor's grey cat that created the scratch on my car! When I went out to my garage the grey cat peeled outta my garage!! I saw it!
My awesome, BRAND NEW black Z, with no 'flaws', all of a sudden had some cat paw prints when I looked at the car. The paw prints were easy to see in light dust on the black hood and paw prints went from the bottom of the windshield area towards the bottom of the engine hood. Then a big ole cat claw scratch at the end of the prints. The scratch happened when the cat took off scrambling like a ___ ___ when I entered the garage.
There were two other very light scratches right next to a main long scratch.
I was more concerned about the 8 inch long more prominent scratch.
I was soooo happy that it could be buffed out.

Just yesterday, I went out to get the mail and the cat was in front of my next door neighbors house around dusk. It took off running just because I was walking in the general direction. The cat is apparently very skiddish by nature. When it sees people it 'takes off' like a bat outta hell.

What I don't get is.... Even after talking to the cat owner 'nicely' she still lets the cat out all the time. Isn't that frigging rude?

Cat owner probably looks at her car like it is a toaster like alot of people do. Just another appliance.

Maybe the cat will get on my neighbor's pretty Lexus or another neighbors brand new Chrysler 300 and scratch the hell outta those cars when it takes off.
I can see this cat doing this again to someone else's car around here.

Blah Blah Blah and Blah
Old 04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
woof*

"What I don't get is.... Even after talking to the cat owner 'nicely' she still lets the cat out all the time. Isn't that frigging rude?"

seriously..as i said, cat weirdos alotta times are out of whack with the rest of the world. they see cats as unique and loving and harmless...many of these people prefer cats to humans..she doesnt think shes rude and no amount of logic or reason will work. trust me, instead of getting in a pissing war with her... let the authorities handle it. catch the cat..let her pay the fines$ and she will probably come around and keep it locked up..or lose the cat.
as my name implies im in the pet business and have alot of experience with these people. she honestly doesnt know any better.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by sean1967
there are humane cat small animal cage traps, put it in the garage, use tuna, take the car 50 miles away and set it free (remove collar)

I've done this about 20 times. My neighbors are nuts and keep a lot of cats. They caught me carrying 1 of them in a cage. I refused to let it go. Took it a few miles away and let it go. This was after leaving a note on the guy's truck saying, "Keep your cat off of my car."
Old 04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Track

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
I've done this about 20 times. My neighbors are nuts and keep a lot of cats. They caught me carrying 1 of them in a cage. I refused to let it go. Took it a few miles away and let it go. This was after leaving a note on the guy's truck saying, "Keep your cat off of my car."
In Texas, he could have shot you in the back, recovered his cat, and probably gotten away with it. Because of our history with cattle and such, there are laws on the books that will get you killed for stealing someone's "livestock." Cats are considered "livestock" in our courts. In Texas, under the right circumstances, you can employ lethal force to protect your property even!

I've seen similar things happen and, while it makes a good media story and people laugh or freak out about it, the shooter walks and usually has his firearm returned as well.

I know the OP is not planning on doing anything like that, but I know a lot of Texans on this board who moved here from up North. I don't want them to get any wrong ideas that may make them end up all dead and stuff.

People hate that.

I own both cats and dogs, and like most Texans, would not hesitate to use lethal force to protect (or avenge) any of them. Don't mess with people's pets. You never know what you are getting into.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Track

And did you know that, at places like Home Depot, you can buy vents that have thermostatically operated fans for like 30 bucks?

That's better than leaving your door cracked any day.

Furthermore, if a cat is hanging out in your garage and it is not yours, it is likely he is stalking something else (rats, mice, snakes, other vermin) that have taken sanctuary in your garage paradise. After he kills what he is stalking (thus doing you a favor), he'll likely move to a new stalking ground.

Quick Reply: Neighbor's cat scratched my new Z!