Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will a Z work for me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 AM
zbeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX

I have a frined that had a 00 GT 5MT stang. He ran 14.3 at 99 mph at the track bone stock.

Gears and Intake he got it down to 13.8 at 101 mph. Even then its not that much faster than a stock G or Z.
Agreed, all those numbers sound about right for 99-04 stangs. 05+ run around 13.6 stock and I have seen as low as 13.1 with litte more than a tuner/CAI combo. My point here is that you say you beat the newer stangs and they run a 13.6 stock and I find it hard to believe you are running below 13.6 with your 05 even with your mods.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 AM
zbeater

Never took the G to the actual Drag Strip. I only raced it at MotorSport Ranch or local Autox events. I really wasn't into drag racing.
LMAO.

Well since the orginal poster asked about straight line performance of a z compared to a s197. You beating stangs at autox isn't really relevant is it.

Last edited by zbeater; 05-08-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zbeater
Agreed, all those numbers sound about right for 99-04 stangs. 05+ run around 13.6 stock and I have seen as low as 13.1 with litte more than a tuner/CAI combo. My point here is that you say you beat the newer stangs and they run a 13.6 stock and I find it hard to believe you are running below 13.6 with your 05 even with your mods.
They may run 13.6 bone stock which I haven't seen #'s for them that low but most of it is from the TQ. The trap speeds are still about the same as the Z which actually shows how fast it is. It's fast in the 60 ft but after that the Z is faster. My races were all rolls.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

LMAO.

Well since the orginal poster asked about straight line performance of a z compared to a s197. You beating stangs at autox isn't really relevant is it.
Excuse me? I never said I raced a stang on autox noob. Quit twisting the words around. I raced them on the street when I did. Not a smart thing to do but that is where it happened. Again it was straight line. So stop starting crap.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 AM
zbeater

They may run 13.6 bone stock which I haven't seen #'s for them that low but most of it is from the TQ. The trap speeds are still about the same as the Z which actually shows how fast it is. It's fast in the 60 ft but after that the Z is faster. My races were all rolls.
Whatever you are comparing apples and oranges. The OP asked about Straightline performance of a Z vs a Stang and you come in here talking about how your Modded G beat a stang in autox or on the street ( i presume) from a roll.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Again you can't comprehend what you are reading obviously. I never SAID I beat a stang on Autox. STREET from a roll. Several stangs. 2 of them were 05+ GT models.

Again a Z runs 13.3 bone stock with a bad clutch for 07+. A 03+ ran 13.6 bone stock with a good driver. The Z is much lighter than the stang, has 1-2 mph better trap speeds, its going to be faster.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 AM
zbeater

Excuse me? I never said I raced a stang on autox noob. Quit twisting the words around. I raced them on the street when I did. Not a smart thing to do but that is where it happened. Again it was straight line. So stop starting crap.
I didn't twist your words I asked what you ran it the 1/4 because you claimed to beat stangs. You then stated you don't drag you autox, I could only assume were racing stangs autox then.

The fact you claim to beat stangs straigh line on the street says a lot. First, your a moron that street races. Second, they might not have been racing or weren't willing to take it as far as you did. Third, you even if they were racing they might not know how to drive. Finally, you haven't a clue what type of car you were racing it could have been a V6 with GT badges. So your claims that Mustangs aren't that fast are uneducated garbage.

I think given that I have owned both cars I will stick with my observations.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
zbeater

Again you can't comprehend what you are reading obviously. I never SAID I beat a stang on Autox. STREET from a roll. Several stangs. 2 of them were 05+ GT models.

Again a Z runs 13.3 bone stock with a bad clutch for 07+. A 03+ ran 13.6 bone stock with a good driver. The Z is much lighter than the stang, has 1-2 mph better trap speeds, its going to be faster.
Maybe, you can't read. I said the 07 would be a drivers race against a s197.
The 13.3 is from what appears to be a great driver. The 13.6 is the average I have seen for s197s. I have seen time slips for stock s197s at 13.2. SO let me make this clear:

07 Z IS A DRIVERS RACE STRAIGHT LINE VS S197 STANGS

06 BELOW THE ADVANTAGE GOES TO THE S197s (again straightline only)

Yes the Z is ligher but the stang has much more TQ. That is why they are so close.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I roadrace and that is where I said I have passed them in the straights on RoadRacing at MSR. Yes you assumed and you didn't read. I even said I raced it on the street several times but obviously you again didn't read. LOL!! I have street raced in years. Those few were rare occasions and I haven't raced since on the street. Not racing, sure. They actually came up to me and raced. They were racing.

Wow now I don't have a clue if it was a GT? OMG! I know a GT when I see one and I know the sound of one. It has the famous OHV engine sound that I drool over. Don't even go there. I am more educated than you obviously. At least I race them on a real road-course and pass them at over 100 mph speeds. What have you done? Nothing.

Take your wannabe noob butt out of here.

I didn't twist your words I asked what you ran it the 1/4 because you claimed to beat stangs. You then stated you don't drag you autox, I could only assume were racing stangs autox then.

The fact you claim to beat stangs straigh line on the street says a lot. First, your a moron that street races. Second, they might not have been racing or weren't willing to take it as far as you did. Third, you even if they were racing they might not know how to drive. Finally, you haven't a clue what type of car you were racing it could have been a V6 with GT badges. So your claims that Mustangs aren't that fast are uneducated garbage.

I think given that I have owned both cars I will stick with my observations.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 05-08-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Maybe, you can't read. I said the 07 would be a drivers race against a s197.
The 13.3 is from what appears to be a great driver. The 13.6 is the average I have seen for s197s. I have seen time slips for stock s197s at 13.2. SO let me make this clear:

Yes the Z is ligher but the stang has much more TQ. That is why they are so close.

TQ only helps in the 60 ft again. IT doesn't help after that. EOD. Learn about racing and you might learn what helps.

You know that GT model stang only dynos 265 hp at the wheels.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
zbeater

I roadrace and that is where I said I have passed them in the straights on RoadRacing at MSR. Yes you assumed and you didn't read. I even said I raced it on the street several times but obviously you again didn't read. LOL!! I have street raced in years. Those few were rare occasions and I haven't raced since on the street. Not racing, sure. They actually came up to me and raced. They were racing.

Wow now I don't have a clue if it was a GT? OMG! I know a GT when I see and and know the sound of one. It has the famous OHV engine sound that I drool over. Don't even go there. I am more educated than you obviously. At least I race them on a real road-course and pass them at over 100 mph speeds. What have you done? Nothing.

Take your wannabe noob butt out of here.
LOL..you are a moron. You pass them on the straights on the road course. LMAO. Oh and if you haven't street raced in years then how did you beat an s197. You are an idiot and I am done lowering my IQ talking to you. Have a nice day.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

LOL..you are a moron. You pass them on the straights on the road course. LMAO. Oh and if you haven't street raced in years then how did you beat an s197. You are an idiot and I am done lowering my IQ talking to you. Have a nice day.

Wow, your a idiot. I reviewed all your posts on this site and all you have done is flame people. Let me know when you actually race on a road course then come back here.

Years. It's now 2007, I had a 2005 G35, the Stang was a 2005. It's 3 years old both cars. 3 years. Several years ago = years. Obviously your so retarded you can't comprehend a single damn thing.

Your IQ is so low it isn't funny. I was surprised how much crap you have started on this site after reviewing your posts. Leave Troll! No one wants you here!

BTW, I am probably old enough to be your DAD!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 AM
C5_vette

this sounds about right, I have raced several new stangs, from rolls and digs.. they kept up alot better than the bolt on Z's that I have run.. I have yet to race a bolt on 07 Z
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by C5_vette
this sounds about right, I have raced several new stangs, from rolls and digs.. they kept up alot better than the bolt on Z's that I have run.. I have yet to race a bolt on 07 Z
Yes and I completely agree stock vs stock it will be this above. But since my G35 had the mods I mentioned I was able to pull away from them. Nothing significant but it was a slow pull.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 AM
C5_vette

if you were modded and they were stock, then a slow pull sounds completley plausible to me... especially up top
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
2003DropTopGT

OK Well, I'm gonna put up the GT up for sale tonight.. maybe check Carmax in a week or 2, to see how much they'd give me.

I'm now looking for a Z, 03/04, around 18k or below.

I'm picky though. I'd want the 6 spoke rims, leather, black and no more than 40k miles. hoping for around 30k miles if possible. What do you guys think? I'm either looking for private or dealership.

Something looking like this would be optimal:

Last edited by 2003DropTopGT; 05-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
zbeater

Good Luck Man.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

You can probably get that if you're patient.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
zbeater

Yes and I completely agree stock vs stock it will be this above. But since my G35 had the mods I mentioned I was able to pull away from them. Nothing significant but it was a slow pull.
I agree that a modded 05 Sedan might slightly pull on a stock s197 given the right circumstances. My point is that had nothing to do with the question the original poster asked. Here was my post to the OP:

6) 07 will be a drivers race. All others not likely. Also keep in mind S197 are easy/cheap to mod. CAI and Tune picks up 20+ RWHP and RWTQ
Then here is your response to me:

My 05 G35 6mt Sedan would beat Stang GTs that were stock or slightly modded like a exhaust. This is the newer ones and even the older ones. So I know a Z can beat them.
What does your modded sedan (which you didn't mention was modded in your first post) have to do with a Stock Z beating a stock s197 in the straight line. Absolutely nothing. Additionally, beating a Stang on the straights in a autox means nothing as you have no clue what gear they were in. Beating them on the street is only credible if it is planned (ie three honks and go) and even then it will be a drivers race. Take it to the track and consistenly beat the Stangs and then I will be a believer. I know several people in TX with stangs that would be happy to run you at the track if would like to prove your point.

I have no doubt you have a very nice car that is quite fast. But, the fact that your modded Sedan beat a few stangs under ideal circumstances doesn't mean the non 07 Zs can beat S197s in the straights as you stated.

Last edited by zbeater; 05-08-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I agree that a modded 05 Sedan might slightly pull on a stock s197 given the right circumstances. My point is that had nothing to do with the question the original poster asked. Here was my post to the OP:

Then here is your response to me:

What does your modded sedan (which you didn't mention was modded in your first post) have to do with a Stock Z beating a stock s197 in the straight line. Absolutely nothing. Additionally, beating a Stang on the straights in a autox means nothing as you have no clue what gear they were in. Beating them on the street is only credible if it is planned (ie three honks and go) and even then it will be a drivers race. Take it to the track and consistenly beat the Stangs and then I will be a believer. I know several people in TX with stangs that would be happy to run you at the track if would like to prove your point.

I have no doubt you have a very nice car that is quite fast. But, the fact that your modded Sedan beat a few stangs under ideal circumstances doesn't mean the non 07 Zs can beat S197s in the straights as you stated.
Thought you were done?

Z is lighter and a little faster than my G35. It should still edge the Mustangs stock vs stock. I mentioned my sedan but didn't think I needed to mention the mods because I knew the Z's were quicker from the start anyways.

AGAIN you did NOT FREAKIN READ! WHERE did I say I beat a Stang on AUTOX?! WHERE?! No where. I said this "I PASSED A FEW 05+ GT STANGS AT MSR doing over 100 mph". This is a ROAD RACE TRACK NOT A SLOW *** AUTOX POS COURSE. 3rd and good portion of 4th gear I saw most of the time. So I know what gears I was in and that doesn't matter. What matters is I still left them. The turns I really walked from them.

I would love to run your STANG buddies if I owned the car anymore. The car was sold and the Z will arrive soon. I own a slow 06 Acura TL right now for my daily.

I am done with the TROLL.

Quick Reply: Will a Z work for me?