Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Rear Ended!! Ouch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Kegsbane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wildmangk
Should I sue? This is cutting into my personal life by not allowing me to do daily normal functions. ****, I can't drive for more than 40 minutes because my back is killing me by then.
Dude. Talk to a lawyer. Most will give you a free consultation.

This is definitely not the place to get legal advice.

But yes. You should sue and get a fat settlement before you go to court.

Again, talk to a lawyer. They love this kind of stuff.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Fluid1

ALWAYS call the cops. Hope you don't get screwed because you didn't.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:55 AM
xlr8r

I was rearended in my Prelude 3 1/2 years ago (look up under your bumper & see if your chassis has been crunched), the guy was only going 25-30 miles an hour & my neck has been @!$%#!-up ever since. I used to ride my Road & Mt. bikes 5-6 days a week for 3-4 hours each ride & since the accident I can't ride my bikes anymore.

I'm just now going to finally going to get a settlement after hiring a lawyer almost 2 years ago. Things are still being negotiated, but the hope is to get $100,000. This may sound like a lot, but for the pain I experience all day everyday & how it has & will effect my lifestyle it's not anywhere near what would be fair, but is unfortunately the most I can expect to get for a "soft tissue" injury. Now if a bone had been broken, even if I wasn't experiencing the chronic pain I do now, I would get more $, ridiculous!!!

My suggestion is to get your doctor to recommend physical therapy & begin that immediatetly to try to get things healing. My first physician told me to give it a few months, but all that did was allow things to get worse.

P.S. if your car gets totaled, doesn't sound like it will, I need a complete VQ35 swap for my 510 & would be interested in the engine & drivetrain.

P.S.S. I my case we did not call the cops either, since the damage at first glance looked minimal. However, there was never a question in either insurance companies mind as to who was at fault & the other insurance company has not even attempted to wiggle out of this. When a person is rearended the person that rearended the other vehicle is always considered at fault (that's why some people fraudulantely (sp) try to get rear-ended).

Last edited by xlr8r; 05-14-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
wildmangk

Originally Posted by xlr8r
I was rearended in my Prelude 3 1/2 years ago (look up under your bumper & see if your chassis has been crunched), the guy was only going 25-30 miles an hour & my neck has been @!$%#!-up ever since. I used to ride my Road & Mt. bikes 5-6 days a week for 3-4 hours each ride & since the accident I can't ride my bikes anymore.

I'm just now going to finally going to get a settlement after hiring a lawyer almost 2 years ago. Things are still being negotiated, but the hope is to get $100,000. This may sound like a lot, but for the pain I experience all day everyday & how it has & will effect my lifestyle it's not anywhere near what would be fair, but is unfortunately the most I can expect to get for a "soft tissue" injury. Now if a bone had been broken, even if I wasn't experiencing the chronic pain I do now, I would get more $, ridiculous!!!

My suggestion is to get your doctor to recommend physical therapy & begin that immediatetly to try to get things healing. My first physician told me to give it a few months, but all that did was allow things to get worse.

P.S. if your car gets totaled, doesn't sound like it will, I need a complete VQ35 swap for my 510 & would be interested in the engine & drivetrain.

P.S.S. I my case we did not call the cops either, since the damage at first glance looked minimal. However, there was never a question in either insurance companies mind as to who was at fault & the other insurance company has not even attempted to wiggle out of this. When a person is rearended the person that rearended the other vehicle is always considered at fault (that's why some people fraudulantely (sp) try to get rear-ended).
I think I'll just get a lawyer. Already in the first 2 days I can't do jack S*&t. Sit, sleep, drive or walk........none of those I cann't do without having discomfort. And the worst thing is that it's my back. It's going to cost 700 to fix my bumper alone, not any other damage as why the car wobbles at 65 or why it pulls to the right. I am amazed that at 65-70 mph the guy didn't shatter my bumper.

I have to admit, this whole situation is kinda scary, Ive never been thru any of this stuff.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:50 PM
xlr8r

Originally Posted by wildmangk
I think I'll just get a lawyer. Already in the first 2 days I can't do jack S*&t. Sit, sleep, drive or walk........none of those I cann't do without having discomfort. And the worst thing is that it's my back. It's going to cost 700 to fix my bumper alone, not any other damage as why the car wobbles at 65 or why it pulls to the right. I am amazed that at 65-70 mph the guy didn't shatter my bumper.

I have to admit, this whole situation is kinda scary, Ive never been thru any of this stuff.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about another person dealing with the same stuff I have (My injury honestly costs me at least 30-45 mins. of sleep every night). I hope for your sake that you heal up & don't experience any chronic or lasting problems. Hiring a lawyer early on is smart, just don't make anything final or accept any settlements until you fully understand the physical implications of your injuries, like accepting their ridiculous initial offer of $250 or whatever it was (glad you were smart enough to tell them where to go).
Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
rp4392

Get a lawyer, and see the chiropractor once a week for a while. My buddy was rear ended a while back, light damage, and got $9000 for it. See the chiropractor, and go get your money. Lord knows we pay enough for insurance.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:54 PM
wildmangk

Originally Posted by rp4392
Get a lawyer, and see the chiropractor once a week for a while. My buddy was rear ended a while back, light damage, and got $9000 for it. See the chiropractor, and go get your money. Lord knows we pay enough for insurance.
WOW that seems like alot of money for minimal damage. I'm seeing the chiropractor 3 times a week for the next 2 weeks. I'm going to get laid off work because it's hard to sit and counsel people and be with sharp pain in my back . Cool thing is my insurance will pay my time loss up to 1250 a month. Good money for being at home and relaxing my back if you ask me
Old 05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
wildmangk

well, my car is in the shop, I'm in the chiropractor and am about to talk to the insurance about a settlement. These last 2 weeks have been catastrophic to a certain point. I'm relocating to Portland and before the accident I had applied for employment at various offices. Now that I am disabled temporarily, can't be sitting more than half hour, employers have been calling me for interviews. I live 2 hours away from Portland so it's hard for me to go, so I've had to deny everyone til now. It kinda makes me wanna cry because I'm letting go of opportunity's that I know could set me up pretty good, BUT I can't drive nor be driven.

This makes me wanna kick someones ***, preferably the other driver. My back still aches and it bothers me when I sit or even worse, when I drive, now I feel every little bump on the road.

I'm going to bring all this up with the insurance and I have to get compensated for all these losses I've been taking in my personal life. I can't even drive to see my gf who lives in Portland or play sports or drive somewhere that's over half hour away.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 PM
psytropic

Dude step 1, get a doctor to look at your back, **** anything else.

Step 2, keep working on step 1

Step 3 its only a bumper and can be replaced, as for the dash rattling, well it's a Z it does that, maybe the crash made it louder. I hit a good speed bump and mine will rattle louder for a while. If the diff is screwed or anything else (make sure the foam behind the bumper is ok) not sure how to do that really if someone could post a how to on just inspecting it and not tearing it comletely off. Get is all quoted.

It WILL get fixed but as for your back that should be top priority.

PS: Get pain and suffering (not millions tho don't get crazy)
Old 05-22-2007, 06:27 PM
xlr8r

As I mentioned before give it enough time so you understand the long term (hopefully none) effects of your injury before you make any settlement. If I had settled my injury at the beginning I wouldv'e got a few grand, now I may potentially get $100,000 (minus the chunk my attorney takes) because this injury is going to effect me for the remainder of my life.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Sleeper01

ouch dude....hope everything goes well
Old 05-22-2007, 06:46 PM
wildmangk

I actually thought of getting an attorney but my chiropractor told me otherwise. He says he's seen clients that have gotten attorneys and all that does is raise red flags on oneself. Then the insurance starts a deeper investigation then starts dragging their feet. Honestly my back is what has me worried.

Dr. says that for the rest of my life, even if I get better now, I could always re-aggravate it. THAT freaks me out, only 24 and already facing that doom? He told me that the most he's seen people get for my type of aggravation and pain and suffering is 5k. At this point that's worthless to me considering how many job offers I might have just blown off. I'll see. I have to really stick to my guns with the insurance company and demand a reasonable offer, not a miserable 500$.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 PM
FairladyZ06

He was probably looking at his phone texting
Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 PM
wildmangk

This came at a bad time because on the 7th I quit my job knowing I was moving to Portland, now I can't. I'm really F*&#@d because I have no income coming in. I'm living off of savings at the moment.

Luckily my personal insurance said it had only been 1 week before the accident that I quit, so they will be able to give me time loss. Because technically I can't look for work in my condition because it will "prolong the effect of the injury".

Prob is that insurance pays once a month.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
wildmangk

Originally Posted by xlr8r
As I mentioned before give it enough time so you understand the long term (hopefully none) effects of your injury before you make any settlement. If I had settled my injury at the beginning I wouldv'e got a few grand, now I may potentially get $100,000 (minus the chunk my attorney takes) because this injury is going to effect me for the remainder of my life.

You don't pay your attorney til the case is closed right? Or did you have to pay some fees out of your pocket during these 2 years?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
C4talyst

I would've waited for cops. I would've gone to hospital in an ambulance too.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
wildmangk

Originally Posted by C4talyst
I would've waited for cops. I would've gone to hospital in an ambulance too.

I filed a police report with a description of what happened, but y would I want to go in an ambulance?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
wildmangk

So I got my car back today. It's running good again. The bumper looks good like it never had damage and it had a 4 way alignment done so no more pulling. I took it out on some back roads to test it and it sounds good again. So my car is good to go and my back is still recuperating. All in all things are rolling along, now just thinking of how much to ask for a settlement when I talk to the insurance this coming week, getting married so that could come in pretty handy.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread needs some photos.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
350z babe

yay you got your car back. hopefully your back is feeling alright. good luck with everything

Quick Reply: Rear Ended!! Ouch