Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting a Z, will i be disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:03 PM
icey350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Getting a Z, will i be disappointed?

Long story short, i own a 2004 wrx sti, exhaust, intake etc.... its very quick and handles nicely. I rectnely threw a rod and am having a new short block put in by the dealer and i am selling it, time for somthing new. I am looking to the 07 z enthusiest 6speed. Do you think i will be unhappy with it in terms of drivability and performance? I test drove it and loved it but i havnt had the chance to live with it for a bit. I know my sti was running a 13.2 @ 103 in the quarter(i have done it. the z isnt that fast but the trap speed is higher. 0-60 times are within half a second etc... I am 99.9% sure i will be getting the z, just wanted to know if you guys think i will be disappointed by leaving the scooby for the z. As far as this site, you guys seem great, knowledgable, and smart@ssed just like myself.

-and how much difference do u think the differental in the enthusiest will make over the base? worth the extra cash for that and trac controll?

thanks
Old 05-19-2007, 10:08 PM
mahont

Originally Posted by icey350z
Long story short, i own a 2004 wrx sti, exhaust, intake etc.... its very quick and handles nicely. I rectnely threw a rod and am having a new short block put in by the dealer and i am selling it, time for somthing new. I am looking to the 07 z enthusiest 6speed. Do you think i will be unhappy with it in terms of drivability and performance? I test drove it and loved it but i havnt had the chance to live with it for a bit. I know my sti was running a 13.2 @ 103 in the quarter(i have done it. the z isnt that fast but the trap speed is higher. 0-60 times are within half a second etc... I am 99.9% sure i will be getting the z, just wanted to know if you guys think i will be disappointed by leaving the scooby for the z. As far as this site, you guys seem great, knowledgable, and smart@ssed just like myself.

-and how much difference do u think the differental in the enthusiest will make over the base? worth the extra cash for that and trac controll?

thanks
I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. You won't be running 13.2's stock but stock power is great. Also, the Z is ten times sweeter looking IMO.

And yes I think the trac control is worth the extra money ... but depends on how you drive/what you will be using the car for.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:48 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,298 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Just get it, the power of turbo wont be there , but the style is. The power is only slightly less , but the style and potential is all worth it.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:51 PM
RDnet350Z

you can always make it faster! go with the Z
Old 05-19-2007, 10:54 PM
ral
Z-BIRU

Z is quite fast and looks good as well.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
BlackJack

If you are single,women of all ages are really attracted to the Z. I am happily married for 30+ years,so def not in the market.However this car gets more looks and comments from the ladies than my '05 C6 Corvette.I am a former Subaru owner,and absolutely love the Spec B and WRX/STI,but neither can be even remotely considered attractive(more like form follows function?).Get the Z-you will love it!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome. The primary difference is front or rear wheel drive. Its a new ball game.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
CivicDelSlow

Where in the hell is your ending parenthesis...
Old 05-19-2007, 11:48 PM
ssnake86

A stock 2007 Z is capable of that 1/4 time you got with your STI. Veetec got a 13.3@104 with his stock 2007 Z, and was having clutch problems. A 07 Z has the edge om a stock STI in the 1/4. STI has a faster 0-60 cause of the AWD, but after that the Z will just keep gaining and will eventually pass. From a rolling start it should be all Z. Note: only talking about the 2007 model. Do the same mods you did on your STI on a 2007 Z, and you should be getting 13.2 pretty easily.

Last edited by ssnake86; 05-19-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:06 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you love driving, there is no reason why you should be disappointed, unless of course you live to rally. The VLSD and traction control are non-issues IMO.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VLSD not an issue?????? It's a major issue unless you are just getting groceries and commuting to work. LSD is a must for any sports car. Don't forget the HID's you get with the enthusiast as well. So yes the enthusiast is worth it.

JET
Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 AM
importxracerxr

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
VLSD not an issue?????? It's a major issue unless you are just getting groceries and commuting to work. LSD is a must for any sports car. Don't forget the HID's you get with the enthusiast as well. So yes the enthusiast is worth it.

JET
actually all 06+ models of the Z comes with Bi-Xenon headlights even base
Old 05-20-2007, 04:26 AM
roast

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
VLSD not an issue??????
Yes.

It's a major issue unless you are just getting groceries and commuting to work.
You mean if you want to play fast and the furious on public streets, or track a heavy *** road car?

A VLSD is a glorified open end differential, with the exception that the VLSD robs more power from the wheels. I could understand if you were talking about a quality mechanical unit.

LSD is a must for any sports car.
I agree to an extent, but a VLSD is a mediocre substitute.

Don't forget the HID's you get with the enthusiast as well. So yes the enthusiast is worth it.
All of the new models have HID's.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 AM
halfass872

Get an RSX!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:50 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Look at it this way: you will no longer have to walk backwards to your car to keep from offending your eyes!

I'd suggest you take a couple test drives & maybe find someone near you with a Z that will give you a ride. Power characteristics are very different.

Yes on the Enthusiast....LSD, TCS, Cruise control, etc is worth the few extra bucks.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:27 AM
icey350z

So lets see,

1-vlsd is or isnt worth it? i saw mixed reviews, and what about the track control, does it do alot?

2-apparently i will be surrounded by dead sexy women because of the z, my girlfriend will love that one

3-people have been running low 13's with a stock 07???-WOW-

4-sorry for not using ending parenthesis

The 350 looks great but i did love the look of the sti, sorry but it was a menacing looking car, rally blue, black 18 inch rims, that car just screamed "get out of my way or i will beat the **** out of you"!!! hahaha na i like the z and i really do think i am gonna get it. Good price, lots of stuff, good looks just dont know weather to go for the base or enthusiest.

thanks guys
Old 05-20-2007, 09:31 AM
CivicDelSlow

So lets see,

1-vlsd is or isnt worth it? i saw mixed reviews, and what about the track control, does it do alot?

2-apparently i will be surrounded by dead sexy women because of the z, my girlfriend will love that one

3-people have been running low 13's with a stock 07???-WOW-

4-sorry for not using ending parenthesis

The 350 looks great but i did love the look of the sti, sorry but it was a menacing looking car, rally blue, black 18 inch rims, that car just screamed "get out of my way or i will beat the **** out of you"!!! hahaha na i like the z and i really do think i am gonna get it. Good price, lots of stuff, good looks just dont know weather to go for the base or enthusiest.

thanks guys

I'll let it slide this time, buy next time I will end you...
Old 05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
icey350z

Talking

Originally Posted by CivicDelSlow
I'll let it slide this time, buy next time I will end you...
seei told you you guys seem great, i wil not be ended this time round for gramatical tomfoolery!!! Its worth getting the car just to be on this site!!!

And the z will be my toy and summer car, i got a cherokee for the snow. Little leary of the rear wheel drive. The sti was tail happy but the awd was a savior and made bad driving look good. I know i can handle a car but never had a rwd. my previous cars are as follows:

1993 passat vr6 5sp
1997 git 2.slow
1998 git vr6, vortech charged-13.7 quarter with an open diff
2004 sti
1996 jeep cherokee, the always muddy battle wagon.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:57 AM
CivicDelSlow

seei told you you guys seem great, i wil not be ended this time round for gramatical tomfoolery!!! Its worth getting the car just to be on this site!!!
Take it from me, you don't have to own a Z to be on this website. I am the resident Poser of My350Z.com

Quick Reply: Getting a Z, will i be disappointed?