Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

why don't people have respect for other peoples property any more?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
locknut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why don't people have respect for other peoples property any more?

so i am living in a brand new subdivision...one of only about 50 houses built amongst about 1000 that still need to be built....so there is a lot of heavy equipment driving around...which i am aware of and try and do my best to keep my car out of their way...for mysake. However recently prior to long weekend knock came on the door hey we are pouring the curbs on your street can you park the cars on the other side, np i suggest. curb gets poured all is dandy...this morning knock knock now we are doing the other curb can you switch sides...np i suggest. i come out 2 hours later and a gentle man ( will be as polite as i can) has used a concrete cutting maching to cut the concrete to allow for stess releif on the curb... we have all seen this done, i am sure. 3 inches from my car.... upon closer review i know have about 30 or 40 tiny little stone chips of paint in a straight line right up my quarter panel behind the front wheel and then where they did the other cut is just behind my rear wheel same thing....

everything will be atken care of according to the builder, i saw him rip the concrete guys a new one told me to get some estimates and that he would back charge them...the damaged from two estimates i got was 1800+ and 1900+

my point there goes my factory paint....and all of could have been avoided with a simple knock on the door, hey can you move your car....
Old 05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
geoffree78

the world is full of idiots, at least its getting paid for. now lets hope the body shop doesnt screw you. good luck
Old 05-23-2007, 03:43 PM
stein

I hear ya but the factory paint is crap. Don't forget to include the rental!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
irish27

I hear you. At my work I always park near an island so I can avoid the other threat to the Z, women with 54 inch butts trying to get out of a 40 inch door opening and dinging the car next to them.

Instead the grounds keepers mow right during the middle of the day and spray everyones cars with sand, grass and trash. So far, no permanent damage but it only takes one rock to get in those mower blades.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:50 PM
angelzhope720

while my z was getting her fender/door repainted they completely trashed my front lip by running it through the wash. my lip is a few weeks old geez
Old 05-23-2007, 05:10 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irish27
women with 54 inch butts trying to get out of a 40 inch door opening
I've actually witness this before.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They probably didn't knock cause their Engleeess, not so well.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
cessna

Any pictures??? 1800 CND seems like a alot of damage was done....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Speeddemon69

Originally Posted by locknut
so i am living in a brand new subdivision...one of only about 50 houses built amongst about 1000 that still need to be built....so there is a lot of heavy equipment driving around...which i am aware of and try and do my best to keep my car out of their way...for mysake. However recently prior to long weekend knock came on the door hey we are pouring the curbs on your street can you park the cars on the other side, np i suggest. curb gets poured all is dandy...this morning knock knock now we are doing the other curb can you switch sides...np i suggest. i come out 2 hours later and a gentle man ( will be as polite as i can) has used a concrete cutting maching to cut the concrete to allow for stess releif on the curb... we have all seen this done, i am sure. 3 inches from my car.... upon closer review i know have about 30 or 40 tiny little stone chips of paint in a straight line right up my quarter panel behind the front wheel and then where they did the other cut is just behind my rear wheel same thing....

everything will be atken care of according to the builder, i saw him rip the concrete guys a new one told me to get some estimates and that he would back charge them...the damaged from two estimates i got was 1800+ and 1900+

my point there goes my factory paint....and all of could have been avoided with a simple knock on the door, hey can you move your car....
wow deja-vu same thing happened to me except with a piece of old sidewalk they were removing, broke off and hit my car. But the bad thing about where I live is that they would of never told me if it wasn't for my alarm paging me while i was asleep. I woke up and ran out the door because i knew that they were working on the side walks, and see my driver's side quarter panel with a three deep dented scratches that where like 4 inch's long and went though everything almost pierced the metal! The fu*cktard that did it tried playing it off like i didn't hear the alarm, truth is I didn't but it paged me so it still saved my ***. the alarm pretty much paid itself off with that incident. It got ugly, with words flying left and right and him telling me to let his "friend" fix it because he owns a bodyshop and bull****. He calmed the f*ck down when the cops arrived then he called his boss and he took care of things in a professional manner. in the end all he had to do is knock and i'll so happily remove my car. This incident still pisses the **** off of me!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 AM
locknut

Default pics...

i did take some pics to prove anything if i needed them with my camera phone but dont have the wire to upload them onto my computer.....both places i got the estimates suggested i needed to paint the whole left side of the car and rear bumper......
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Apanther

At my work I always park near an island so I can avoid the other threat to the Z, women with 54 inch butts trying to get out of a 40 inch door opening and dinging the car next to them.
LOL!!!! This is why I drive my Pathfinder to work everyday. Z on the weekends. But I just got a new parking space with no one beside me. So I do have the option now.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Brrcats

damn, that really stinks, I would have been heated, way heated. Boiling even.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 AM
blackstealthz

No the best is when your about to walk into a store you glance over.And a mother is trying to strap her baby in the car seat.And her butt is trying to keep the door open as she's doing this its dinging the car door next to her i kept count one time when i was walking by (7times).It was like nails on a chalk board.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 AM
ZBigDog

Be careful man, the builder said he's going to back charge the goons that did it, which means they're gunna be pissed, and knowing where you live and where your car is, get a garage I guess is what I'm saying.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Viffer35Z

Yeah, people suck! To the OP, use the brand new garage! If my Z is at my house, it's in the garage 100% of the time. Only time it's on the driveway is when it's getting washed and it's never been parked in the street.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:04 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry your car got damaged.. but after the first two knocks couldn't you take a hint that they are doing construction? Maybe park in your driveway or something?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
bamyi

In the history of mankind, ppl had never had respect for other ppl's property. Get use to it, it'll make life easier to live if you just accept the truth and move on.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
flintgauge

yeah...? what happened to the garage or driveway? It should have never been on the street. I feel for ya man, but still, parking on the street is a no no...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Wow, that is pretty messed up. I hope everything works out fine for you.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i blame it on rap music.

Quick Reply: why don't people have respect for other peoples property any more?