Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my Z story and impressions of my Z after a month...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:51 PM
RanFerr_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Z story and impressions of my Z after a month...

Today is exactly a month from the day i bought the car. The first day i bought it you know the feeling you get when you get a new car, you can't sleep, cuz your so excited, you can't stop staring at it cuz you've waited so long to have it...well to be honest i didn't feel like that when i first bought the Z. When i bought my IS300 i was so freakin excited, but for some reason i looked at the Z as just another car. I told myself if i was going to buy another car it was either going to be a IS350 or a M3. My buddy is a closer at the local Nissan dealership at said to come buy and check out a Z. I test drove it i was like...eh, wasn't impressed with the interior, no backseat, i was like good power but really no motivation to buy it. I guess I was looking for more of a luxury, sporty type car like a G35 Coupe, but i couldn't justify paying more for basically the same car with a useless backseat. Even knowing all the reasons not to buy the car i couldn't resist the deal my friend gave me. (I got his employee discount and a little extra for a friend .) Anyways when i brought the car home i was filled with regret and remorse of my recent purchase. I drove it to get a feel for her but i really coulnd't find the same love i had for my IS. I searched for forums like this one but after searching and reading about the car on the web i thought to myself i don't like this car.

Then it happened...I found MY350z.com I read thread after thread and stared at hundreds of pics of other Z members cars and i started to think to myself lets give the Z a chance. I recently installed some suspension mods which could found in my sig. And just like that i was hooked, I knew the car had power but for the first 2 weeks i had the car i didn't "DRIVE" the car like it was meant to...after installing the suspension mods the car handled like it was on freakin rails, when i decided to do some spirited driving back home from work one day i was like holy S*&T..the power kicked me in my @$$ to the point where i had to let off the gas cuz i didn't want to wreck it.(My IS is boosted with a toyomoto Supercharger 303 RWHP@ 8psi..yet the Z feels sooo much faster.) Today I love my F'n Z best car i've owned so far. I didn't notice how sexy the lines on this car were. Now that it's lowered it looks like sex on wheels!! NOW i'm having the sleepless nights, NOW i can't stop thinking about driving her around town regardless of gas prices. My only regret is that i didn't buy this car sooner!! I'll post pics soon after the springs settle and after i get her detailed!!

I LOVE MY F***IN Z!!!!

Last edited by RanFerr_350z; 06-09-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great story bro...i felt and feel the same way u do...i fnking love my Z!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
fr0ng

cool story hansel
Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When Nissan unveiled the Z concept in 2002 I knew I had to get one. The lines of the car were just so damn sexy. Unfortunely they were so hard to get at the time and I ended buying mine in 2004.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
fairlady350z33

its about time...when you can't sleep at night, go drive the Z
Old 06-08-2007, 04:53 AM
tranceformer95

You're definitely right about that "feeling" you get when you first get the car.

also...

Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 AM
z-u-later

Wait till you upgrade your exhaust . . . you'll love it even more. I find myself looking at my Z when I drive by buildings with mirrored windows. I can't help myself admiring how sexy my Z is. You'll appreciate your Z even more when you take her to the track or auto-x. Our Zs were born to be tracked!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:41 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Wait till you upgrade your exhaust . . . you'll love it even more. I find myself looking at my Z when I drive by buildings with mirrored windows. I can't help myself admiring how sexy my Z is. You'll appreciate your Z even more when you take her to the track or auto-x. Our Zs were born to be tracked!!!

LOL i do the same thing with the building windows and when i drive by someones car.I look to see the reflection of my car driving by i thought i was the only one.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:44 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by blackstealthz
LOL i do the same thing with the building windows and when i drive by someones car.I look to see the reflection of my car driving by i thought i was the only one.
Don't worry, I'm guilty of that too.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:48 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

good story man, i had those sleepless nights as well, day after i bought the car i went to bed at like 130 and my body woke my up at 645 (which NEVER happens) just so i could go out and can my Z.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
zdotcom

Great write-up. If you want to get some more "feel" with respect to your car, you should check out a local Z car show. The Z has a rich history and you might become truely addicted like some of us.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel the same way man. I FN love my Z. I find myself looking at other cars because I can see a reflection of my car and oohh is she she sexy. Looking at buildings with mirror windows to see how she looks rolling by. Taking countless pictures of the car. Oh and the attention you get is good to. lol

1 think I really love is how much people think this is a Porsche. I cant tell you how many times I get what kind of Porsche is that. I just giggle (because they dont know better) and say 350Z baby.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
Don't worry, I'm guilty of that too.

me three... lovin mine.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM
iknowitsfast

yes sir! I used to get up in the middle of the night and go outside just to look at her. Id smoke a cigarette so ppl didnt think i was a wierdo or something lol
Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I1DER

Thanks for the good story! It brings back memories for most of us.
You might work dividing all that into a few paragraphs as it harder to follow without them. It's constructive criticism as you seem to have a knack for narratives.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank God you love your Z because half-way through the story I was starting to get angry. Just remember that a stock IS vs a stock Z is gonna end-up with the Z infront.

If you boost your Z, you will be getting 10 times more fun. These cars are fun in all kinds of ways and are very admired by the general public, even today.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by I1DER
Thanks for the good story! It brings back memories for most of us.
You might work dividing all that into a few paragraphs as it harder to follow without them. It's constructive criticism as you seem to have a knack for narratives.
will do sir!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 AM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
You're definitely right about that "feeling" you get when you first get the car.

also...

maybe this morining when it cools down......the central valley is freakin hot!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 AM
RanFerr_350z

Originally Posted by z-u-later
lol..i always do that, also on the freeway and when you drive by those one semi trucks like the ones that transport gasoline those mirrored trucks are awsome for great reflections of the Z
Old 06-09-2007, 07:40 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That was beautiful man (wiping a tear from my eye).

Quick Reply: my Z story and impressions of my Z after a month...