Sponsored by:

Did I make a mistake

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 01:55 PM
350zandMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did I make a mistake

Did I make a mistake
Here's the story, I bought a 2003 350z touring , brought it home and when dusting it off I notice some big chips on the left front wheel well. So I bring it back the next day and show the salesman and he say's I'll call the body shop and have them fix it .. O.K. no problem I'm an easy going guy. I wait a few days and no phone call to bring it in,so I call ..Oh ya I'll get ahold of the body shop manager and will set-up appt sorry.. O.K again, wait no call, Now i'm getting pissed . So I call again and he say here call the body shop manager here is his number.. Two calls later no call back both times .. So today I call Nissan Consumer Affairs.
They said I will have an answer by Friday.. Question ? Do you guys and lady's think I might have made a mistake by ratting on the dealer whom will in turn probally **** in my car when he has to fix it? Or F#$k-him he deserves it.

Old 04-30-2003, 02:02 PM
DaveL

You did what any of us would do, except one more thing.

Kick his ***. j/k Hope it all works out for you. Welcome to the club.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 PM
UFO

Jeeze, they sound just like a motorcycle dealer. They can't screw you over. If they do something to your car, Nissan will have to fix it anyway..and the dealer will be in that much more ****.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:29 PM
alienx

This is amusing to me (sorry, not at your expense). I've owned my car for 5 weeks now, and the dealer hasn't returned a single phone call since the moment I left after signing the contract (literally, i swear!). And they owed me replacement mud guards because mine were cracked at delivery, even after they swore that they could swap them out that afternoon.

I could map out the whole story, but I'm tired of letting the dealership influence my new car joy anymore. To make a long story short, I ended up calling Nissan just to find out if the "nationwide backorder" excuse was true. Nissan contacted the dealership and let me know that they were totally full of ****. Nissan told me to go to another dealership and they would handle the problem as a warranty item. So I did.

Oh yea, the dealership also took the trunk mat out of my car before they delivered it. I didn't notice until I got home. And I knew it was in there because I saw it nice and neat in a plastic bag in the back of the car, the week before when I bought the car.

I'm telling you this because I have never before (3 other new cars) felt so certain that they got my money and shipped me off with absolutely no regard for any future business or relationship.

Don't feel bad about calling them.

Andy

PS. I love my car a lot and spring is here!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 03:06 PM
WayneTN

I think it will work out for the best if they do a good job when you finally get it there. Now they know you mean business and expect them to perform in a professional manner.

WayneTN
Old 04-30-2003, 03:07 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the dealer is not responding you gotta go up the ladder; you did the right thing.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:21 PM
350zandMe

Hey Z People,
Thanks for the replies , I feel alot better now. Alein X I know how you feel read my post in Dealers ( My Dealer what a smuck) I can relate to what your feeling.. Again thanks guys and ladies