Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Installation of the Z bumper emblem(pics) & a *ricer car*

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 PM
ickysz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation of the Z bumper emblem(pics) & a *ricer car*

Ok I just have a couple pics here, pic of the car after I popped the nissan emblem off, took me 3 hours to do the entire install, horrible...

second pic is kinda crappy cuz it was dark in the garage, cant move my Z cuz the battery is dead as you know... haha

annnnd last but not least, saw 5 mexicans get out of a tiberon(sp) , racing stripes, barbwire pinstripping, huge wing & fart can, the driver had his collar popped & all of them looked at the car when they got out as if they were badass ... I sat in my g/f's car just laughing...

Man... bet it goes fast!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is your battery dead?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 PM
ickysz

Because it died? I guess the battery is old & I need a new one.. lol
Old 06-09-2007, 01:24 PM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have an optima red top if you want. I can give you a good deal.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:31 PM
enth05

Yeah I see way too many of those riced out cars here in Springfield, VA. Its a very, very sad sight. I'll try to snap a pic of a riced out Z thats in my neighborhood although I havent seen him in his driveway lately.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Altimate_Dream

Should have used a heat gun or hair dryer to get that emblem off. Would have been alot easier. Is that the new Z emblem from courtesy? I like it. Enth05, where abouts are you at? Im over at Ft. Belvoir. I know what you mean about rice. Lots of it here in this area. Go to woodbridge if you want to see more rice.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:33 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That rice rocket is ridiculous, but the Hyundai emblems add like 20 hp to the wheels, so its probably pretty quick. Emblem looks good too.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:50 PM
enth05

I actually live pretty close to Ft. Belvoir. Im in West Springfield right off of rolling so its just like a 10 minute drive over there. But yeah this guy in my neighborhood kills me. Its so sad. Almost brings me to tears.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Altimate_Dream

Your going to have to get some pics. I wanna see a riced out Z.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:54 PM
ickysz

Its the Z emblem off of thezstore.com , very nice emblem, a peice of paper could scuff it though so be careful handling it. You see the little nub things behind the nissan emblem, I had to carefully sand off with sandpaper wrapped tightly around a nail so I didnt accidentaly scratch the paint on my car, god it took forever to get it flat.... & I had to use touch up paint over the sanded nub which the new Z emblem covers 25% of it, yet still shows the other 75%... Close up you can see it's been touched up but not TO noticable. I was suprized to find out that the new Z emblem gave me 10HP, well worth the money, I'm serious. Not really

I'm having my front bumper re-painted because of paint scratched off the bottom, rocks hitting it & I'll have the guy do my emblem perfect this time, I am a VERY impatient person & needed the Z on right the **** now, haha

Speaking of ricers again, a couple days after I bought my Z, I was at a red light & this run down rusty green neon w/ a fart can drives up beside me (where there is no other lane by me & you can only turn left at the light..) revs up his engine & trys to jump infront of me before the sharp left turn ... looked like he weighed 300lbs & never looked at me, just had his positioning like "***** I'm gonna smoke your *** in my NEON!"... I dont really need to tell you how the outcome was, haha, but he DID almost end up in a ditch,seeing how like I said, it was just one lane, he seriously thought he was going to pass me before it was to late... what a dumbass
Old 06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
halfass872

Daytime pics when you get a chance please!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Elohite

How did poping that OEM emblem off take you 3 hours?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
ickysz

I used the only thing I had handy.. which was some old *** dental floss & some old *** fishing wire.... both broke about 25 times before the thing started coming off, I didnt heat the spot up with a hairdryer because I was to afraid of messing up my paint, after the nissan emblem popped off, I put goo gone on, soaked it & waited.... started rubbing w/ a rag & nothing at all was coming off, so i tryed using my fingers... which helped more than a damn rag, i soaked the sticky stuff w/ goo gone several times which didnt seem to help at all.... so most of that time was me sitting on my *** rubbing the crap off w/ my fingertips, which gave me horrible blisters on 4 of my finger's, right on the tips, sucks... Then I sanded down the nubs w/ sandpaper over a nail... yeah , thats why it took 3 hours... lol

Cant take daylight pics till I have a new battery to get it out of my garage , which will be monday :/ Hopefully my starter isnt screwed, but this is a closeup pic. left side of the Z, you can see the touchup paint.. hell best I could do for someone who has never done anything like this before.

Last edited by ickysz; 06-09-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:16 PM
kostat26

toom me 1 minute to pop mine off with a screw driver and another minute to put the new one. how the hell does it take you 3 hours
Old 06-09-2007, 07:20 PM
ickysz

I guess I wanted to be careful & not careless If you just slapped the new one over the old sticky crap stuck to your car then.... that's .. cool
Old 06-09-2007, 08:02 PM
kostat26

Originally Posted by ickysz
I guess I wanted to be careful & not careless If you just slapped the new one over the old sticky crap stuck to your car then.... that's .. cool

not really cause the old sticky peels right off... also ive taken 3 badjes off before and nothing got messed up before. but anyways i wasnt trying to argue with you i was jsut saying, it doesnt take 3 hours...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
ickysz

I took 3 hours because the sticky was cemented to my bumper, it's an 03 so it's been there for a while, I also had to sand off the nubs perfectly flat, I dont know how you filed the numbs down in under a minute. The z logo doesnt cover the exposed nub, did you paint yours?I did.
It took ME 3 hours , I guess I could have saved some time & used a screwdriver to pry the emblem off, but I listened to the local bodyshop guy & members on this board that said to use dental floss.

Sorry if I have confused you
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 PM
kostat26

Originally Posted by ickysz
I took 3 hours because the sticky was cemented to my bumper, it's an 03 so it's been there for a while, I also had to sand off the nubs perfectly flat, I dont know how you filed the numbs down in under a minute. The z logo doesnt cover the exposed nub, did you paint yours?I did.
It took ME 3 hours , I guess I could have saved some time & used a screwdriver to pry the emblem off, but I listened to the local bodyshop guy & members on this board that said to use dental floss.

Sorry if I have confused you

ok thats more like it lol.. on ur first explanation it sounded like u jsut took off emblem and put new one back on. but yeah a couple hours sounds about right
Old 06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
VENOMSZ

How do you know they were Mexicans?
Possibly salvadorians? Or they could have
been ecuadorians, guatemalans, chileans...
see my point? Just say they were hispanics.
Not all hispanics are Mexicans.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:32 AM
steppinrazor

my best buddy ( known him about 2 years after he became a citizin(probably about 8 years ago)) from mexico just bought a brand new bmw , bought by himself.. jsut thought i would show that mexicans can own cool cars too... crazy huh

Quick Reply: Installation of the Z bumper emblem(pics) & a *ricer car*