Notices

Swapped seats but didn't disconnect battery & salvage weight sensors what's next

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM
Ryan_vq35

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Swapped seats but didn't disconnect battery & salvage weight sensors what's next

As title reads, I sold my OEM nismo seats to upgrade to some Recaro SR-6. In the process I sold the seats with all equipment underneath which I felt was the proper thing to do, but I wish I kept the original pair in hindsight. Recaro SR-6 are mighty tight but fit me well.

This is my problem. I was super ancy to get the seats in the car and I think I was in a rush to sell the others that I simply took both out while car was off but battery connected whilst unplugging the cables to them. I had been driving with airbag lights for months but I want to fix it now.

I have 2.2 ohm resistors but need assistance identifying which cables in pic you shove them into?
Then from what I understand you do the key reset into service mode thingy.
But I believe the passenger seat has a weight sensor I also need to purchase the occupancy emulator linked here (1 or 2?)
https://airbag360.com/nissan-350z--o...1018-472-p.asp

Really just want these airbag lights off before winter since I won't have my car in garage much longer

Old Today, 12:18 PM
icer5160

Received 461 Likes on 354 Posts

SRS harness plugs are yellow. This is an industry standard. You will need to look up a wiring diagram for the weight sensor, that could be any one of those white plugs. I hope you plan to keep your car long term, if it's a legit Nismo, the Recaro seats will actually drop the value.
Cheers!
-Icer

Old Today, 01:00 PM
Ryan_vq35

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by icer5160
SRS harness plugs are yellow. This is an industry standard. You will need to look up a wiring diagram for the weight sensor, that could be any one of those white plugs. I hope you plan to keep your car long term, if it's a legit Nismo, the Recaro seats will actually drop the value.
Cheers!
-Icer
its a legit nismo, #1132
I do plan on keeping long term, as my dream car is a gt4rs. This car keeps me satisfied until that point which is a long way down road as I’m still young (27) I plan to pass on this car to my kid someday if I ever have one.

Totally understood what selling stock seats would do to value but unfortunately I had no place to store them at the time, live and you learn… the stock seats were literally just red base seats. Not much bolster at all

It’s quite difficult to find any instructions on how or where to shove resistor in place

To anybody considering changing seats, definitely do your research. Has been the most time consuming project with this car for sure and not the easiest to pull in and out obviously when you are working on the car