Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Production Dates?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:38 AM
ASW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z Production Dates?

I couldn't find the exact Z I wanted, so I ordered one. I put my down payment on my Z on May 1st. The general manager I was dealing with said orders are only accepted by NNA from dealerships between 8-12 May and export Z's are only built at certain factories for short timeframes, about a few weeks every couple of months. Makes sense to me considering relatively low production numbers compared to everything else Nissan. I could expect a build order about 10 days to two weeks after the order was submitted and production of the Z's starts June 1st. If i was lucky and mine was built early, it would be about 8 weeks to arrive here in Maryland, but it could take as long as 12 weeks if it was built at the end. I called him last week and he says he still has nothing back from NNA - no order number, and no VIN and estimated delivery date which I should have had by now since, according to him, production has started. Here we are mid June, and other than my receipt for the down payment, they can't prove to me the car was even ordered. Does anyone here work in dealerships tell me if any of this sounds right or is this guy jerking my chain? I just want my Z, In truely hate the car I'm currently driving.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:01 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

, man i would be pissed to have to wait that long, hope it works out man, i SERIOUSLY doubt that Nissan to just going to take your money though, so just be patient.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:09 AM
ASW

i'm not necessarily worried about being ripped off. the receipt is very detailed in what i'm ordering and they're in the business of selling cars, it's a sheehy dealership which is a large chain back here. but so far, nothing this guy has said has happened: order number from NNA a week after ordering, VIN number or EDD after production SUPPOSEDLY starts.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Default Be prepared to wait...

I ordered my car in mid-March with a 1K deposit. Got an email confirmation from my dealer in about 10 days with a screen shot of the order showing all info. From then on it was dead silent from the factory. I bugged my dealer weekly waiting for that vin number and ANY indication that it was really being built. Finally got confirmation that it was on the boat and had a vin # about a week ago. My delivery date is now July 6th. So, be prepared to wait my friend. Hope you hear word soon!!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:39 AM
SimonD

Lucky you, my 2nd Z was ordered within 35 minutes of Nissan Motors GB opening the ordering system for the 2007 car (ordering went live late April, we get it late here in the UK).
Anyway I am expecting the car to be ready for collection mid August time, admittedly I am getting it fitted with the Nismo aero kit as well which is adding a month to the delivery date.

I should add that Z #1 was totaled in February, by the time I get the car (probably September 1) I will have been Zless for 7 months
Old 06-10-2007, 03:03 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ASW
export Z's are only built at certain factories
There is one current production facility for the 350Z.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 AM
SargentZ

I really lucked out. Went to order mine expecting a 4 month wait and turns out my dealer had the exact one I wanted already on order, so it only took a month. Let me tell you though, it was the longest month ever.