Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

wrecked the z last night.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:07 PM
nathanwl2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys I just wanna take the time to thank you guys for all the replies. I'm havin a real hard time with all this, but all your replies help. I guess it just helps to know that there are others who have been through the same thing, and to read all the advice, helps me process what options I have.

again I really appreciate it. I'm very glad that were okay, but I'm just so depressed to think of our z so banged up.

I saved all of my money that I earned in afghanistan to make the down payment for it, and just the thought of returning to my wife, and buying this car got me through some very rough times. I think because of that it has become more than just a car to me. I feel about it almost the same way that most people feel about a family pet. and it suck so bad to see it all torn up like this.

again I just wanna thank you guys for all your replies it's helped me a great deal.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:15 PM
imonlykidden

holy **** sticks!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
DMXfan247

sorry to hear that bro...
good news: no one got seriously hurt or worse died..
cars can be replaced but lives cant...
Old 06-10-2007, 01:24 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

The important point is that you and the misses are OK. The car can be replaced.

More info please:
What kind of rear tires?
Width?
Miles?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty normal to look back and wonder if or what you could have done differently. It's part of making sense of what happened. Plainly, the situation sucks, no sense in denying that and at the same time, could have been hugely worse like you say. Consider giving yourself (and your wife) plenty of room and time to let your mind(s) come to conclusions. Getting into action with the insurance company and the repair effort should help and while regret is normal, don't be hard on yourself, that won't help. I wped out my p-side rear suspension, luckily no injuries or body damage, but I did it just being careless... I felt like a total idiot.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 PM
howey

Everyone has accidents. I'm glad your ok. The Z will get replaced or fixed, don't worry.

Mad props to your girl for being there for you through your tours of duty. You have yourself a good woman. Thanks for sacrificing to keep our country safe.

I'm engaged and I work in in LE so I know it can be tough on the woman when their man is in a dangerous line of work.

Best wishes
Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 PM
halfass872

Glad to hear you are ok. Bet ya wont whip it from lane to lane when it's raining for now on
Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by halfass872
Glad to hear you are ok. Bet ya wont whip it from lane to lane when it's raining for now on

You'd be surprised how little it takes to get the rear end of a Z to swing around in the rain.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I1DER

Really, the fact that you are both safe should keep you from getting too depressed and the insurance will take care of it. It sounds like this has happened to several people before.

The cops probably took so long as they were driving slower than the flow with cars having to pass them on the left 'and the right'.

You will probably eventually figure out what may have caused it (Like maybe someone accidentally bumped you or you hit a pool of water with only the tires on one side.???)

For statistical reasons could you say what type of tires you had on and if you have TC or VDC and were they active at the time? You never know what will help others to avoid these mishaps. Thanks and you will be back in your Z in no time, so cheer up.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:30 PM
ROSELL0522

Originally Posted by davidv
The important point is that you and the misses are OK. The car can be replaced.

More info please:
What kind of rear tires?
Width?
Miles?
Curious to know what kind of tires also?? Glad to hear you're OK though. Had my own a few years back and totaled the car right before my son was born. Chiropractor for two years. It's hard but try to find a positive to focus on. Like said before, NEW RIMS, BODY KIT. You're alive....
Old 06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
ekim1

sorry to hear, but I'm glad you and your wife are fine. also, if you're 22 years old and married already driving a 350Z...I'd say you're a mature individual
Old 06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
nismo350Zruss

**** u guys, just cuz the kids married nobody hates on him.. i crash my car and everybody picks on me....... glad ur ok bro.. ur car can be replaced dont owrry
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
umsta

dayam, ya ur insurance rates will go up dependent on how the claim officer rights down what happened. if it is due to weather conditions operator has no control over and was following defensive driving then your rate wont go up much
Old 06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
nathanwl2004

Originally Posted by halfass872
I didn't, like I said in the original post. we were being very careful!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo350Zruss
**** u guys, just cuz the kids married nobody hates on him.. i crash my car and everybody picks on me....... glad ur ok bro.. ur car can be replaced dont owrry
HA! HA!!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Speeddemon69

wow sorry to hear bro....this is one of the reasons I'm still deciding if I should pick up a Z or not. They're too unsafe in wet conditions, and I live in South Florida where it's always raining. thats the only thing I like about my FWD RSX is that it grips in the rain like no other, that and it has no torque compared to the Z.

I would also like to hear what kind of tires you had and how many miles were on them etc. Did you have TCS or VDC on?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
nathanwl2004

also, there were continental touring 245 tires on the back (they were on the car when I bought it) they as well as the potenzas on the front had plenty of tred depth remaining. i'm not sure of the exact milage.

it was a base model, so I don't have VDC or TCS to turn off.

also for those of you who question my maturity or judgment. first of all I asked if you would kindly not post comments like that. I am guenuinly not in the mood.

second of all as a non commisioned officer in the us army, paratrooper, infantryman, and 2 time combat vetran, who are you to judge my maturity level.

for those of you who have defended me, thank you very much.

Last edited by nathanwl2004; 06-10-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
second of all as a non commisioned officer in the us army, paratrooper, infantryman, and 2 time combat vetran, who are you to judge my maturity level.
Maturity level has nothing to do with age, or occupation.

*is living proof*
Old 06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
asugradinwa

Wow, I'm glad you and your wife are okay. It sounds like it was just the wrong place at the wrong time. Make sure you two don't ignore any pain you might have as some injuries take some time to fully present themselves.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004
also, there were continental touring 245 tires on the back (they were on the car when I bought it) they as well as the potenzas on the front had plenty of tred depth remaining. i'm not sure of the exact milage.

it was a base model, so I don't have VDC or TCS to turn off.

also for those of you who question my maturity or judgment. first of all I asked if you would kindly not post comments like that. I am guenuinly not in the mood.

for those of you who have defended me, thank you very much.
My brother in law is in the Special Forces, I respect what you and he do in a very big way.

FWIW, I had TCS on when I wrecked my Z, I doubt VDC would've helped much either. It happened so fast. But we're here to tell about it, that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: wrecked the z last night.