Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Crashes and Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Gooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think this post is here to comdemn Kevin but to look at the other past accidents that has happened. Yea it might have been their faults but do we have to be so cruel just because the kid was so young? Have some sympathy people. Just because you dont know the person does not mean you have to bash on them and ridicule them. I think they learned their lesson the hard way. Let it be. The kids been in a coma for a long period of time and who knows what other disabilities he might suffer due to his accident.
Next kid that gets in an accident just be nice. Remember it could be you or anyone you love dearly in the same position oneday...
Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
spf4000

I don't understand this "just be nice" attitude. What's wrong with people getting angry over people wasting their lives over street racing?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Gooey

Well you mean to tell me you have not street raced once? Im pretty sure when Kevin was involved in the race he felt pretty confident about his driving skills. Even with the most skilled drivers things can happen and it will not be pretty. Unless you were never involved in street racing, speeding above the Speed LIMIT, and you obey every single traffic law you have no right to say anything.
"Let the one with no sin cast the first stone..."
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by Gooey
I dont think this post is here to comdemn Kevin but to look at the other past accidents that has happened. Yea it might have been their faults but do we have to be so cruel just because the kid was so young? Have some sympathy people. Just because you dont know the person does not mean you have to bash on them and ridicule them. I think they learned their lesson the hard way. Let it be. The kids been in a coma for a long period of time and who knows what other disabilities he might suffer due to his accident.
Next kid that gets in an accident just be nice. Remember it could be you or anyone you love dearly in the same position oneday...
+1
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by spf4000
I don't understand this "just be nice" attitude. What's wrong with people getting angry over people wasting their lives over street racing?
Your right and you can get mad. I just can't judge cause I have street raced before. I just haven't in a long while and won't anymore.

Plus, the damage is done in this case. It's kinda enough of an example that he died. Why bash a dead man. He can't take it back or try again.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Z-T

Well you mean to tell me you have not street raced once? Im pretty sure when Kevin was involved in the race he felt pretty confident about his driving skills. Even with the most skilled drivers things can happen and it will not be pretty. Unless you were never involved in street racing, speeding above the Speed LIMIT, and you obey every single traffic law you have no right to say anything.
You're pretty funny with your "stones"...lol.
I have never, do not, nor ever will street race. Speak entirely for yourself please.
I have an impeccable driving record after 20 years and I keep it that way because I don't use the road as my own private race course.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by Z-T
I have never, do not, nor ever will street race. Speak entirely for yourself please.
I have an impeccable driving record after 20 years and I keep it that way because I don't use the road as my own private race course.
I officially owe you a cookie...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-T
I guess you never go 5mph over the limit either? Lame a$$ Z owners, having no tickets doesnt mean you drive "good" it just means you dont get caught, trust me Im one of them. Im tired of people passing judgement on deceased Z owners, if you dont agree have some respect for at least the friends of those involved who will be reading this.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
CAYENNE2005

Originally Posted by Alberto
I guess you never go 5mph over the limit either? Lame a$$ Z owners, having no tickets doesnt mean you drive "good" it just means you dont get caught, trust me Im one of them. Im tired of people passing judgement on deceased Z owners, if you dont agree have some respect for at least the friends of those involved who will be reading this.

+111111
Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Gooey

Originally Posted by Z-T
So you never drove 10mph above speed limit or anything? Im just sayin oneday you can lose control in your car and something traggic happens. I guess you won't mind if we bash on you and call you an idiot for losing control in a car.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM
C5_vette

+1 , many things can happen when operating an automobile, whether one is racing or not.. something like speeding could yield similair consequences... please show some respect to those who are/would be affected by such tragedies...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by Z-T
Next thing you'll be tellin me you own a RSX too... Your not perfect!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Z-T

Right, there's no difference between going 5mph over and street racing. Great point...not.
If I lose control of my car it'll be beacause someone else caused me to. Sorry, but I simply don't drive like that - you might, but I don't.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Gooey

OT: vaughn can I have your headlights =)
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 ... Seriously, there's a time and a place to cast judgement. His friends and especially his family do not need to be kicked while they're down.

edit: I already read in the other thread that his mom is reading the threads in this forum.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 06-19-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 PM
spf4000

Well you mean to tell me you have not street raced once?
Actually, I've never street raced. Ever. I intentionally go slower when some idiot pulls up next to me wanting to race. Why? Because I have no idea if he's going to peel out and lose control. Plus, by going very slow, it let's the guy know I'm not interested.

The only racing I've done is on a circuit or a closed course. And I know how dangerous racing can be because you become fixated on the car you're racing, and you don't pay attention to other things going on. Moreover, you tend to push yourself over the limit when competing against other cars. Racers call it the "red mist". That's when you get in trouble. And the risk is magnified by the uncontrolled situations of street racing.

Im pretty sure when Kevin was involved in the race he felt pretty confident about his driving skills. Even with the most skilled drivers things can happen and it will not be pretty.
I'm sure every idiot who street races is supremely confident of their skills. But like you said, even with skill, things can happen--that's why you keep it at the track, were you can minimize your risks, and they have people to help if something does go wrong.

Unless you were never involved in street racing, speeding above the Speed LIMIT, and you obey every single traffic law you have no right to say anything.
As for speeding, yes, I've sped. I admit I usually drive 5-10mph over the speed limit unless I'm in school zones or otherwise unsafe conditions. But if you think I'm a hypocrite because I criticize someone who street races, I guess you only have the ability to think in black and white. The differences in the danger levels of someone driving 10 mph over the speed limit on the freeway vs. someone street racing is significant. And if you can't see that difference, there's really nothing more I can say.

Originally Posted by vaughn1576
Your right and you can get mad. I just can't judge cause I have street raced before. I just haven't in a long while and won't anymore.

Plus, the damage is done in this case. It's kinda enough of an example that he died. Why bash a dead man. He can't take it back or try again.
Yep, which is also the reason why I didn't post on the other thread. I just hope someone learns from his mistake and takes pause the next time someone revs them at a stop light.

Last edited by spf4000; 06-19-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Z-T

There's about 10 other posters in here who said what I said, no less, no more. No one is bashing Kevin here, simply pointing out the facts.
My sympathies do go out to his family and friends, they really do. What happened is horrible, whichever way it happened.
The OP made a good point (one that many other members agree with), so be it.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
vaughn1576

OT: vaughn can I have your headlights =)
No, but I will make yours for a price. PM me.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-T
There's about 10 other posters in here who said what I said, no less, no more. No one is bashing Kevin here, simply pointing out the facts.
My sympathies do go out to his family and friends, they really do. What happened is horrible, whichever way it happened.
The OP made a good point (one that many other members agree with), so be it.
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/274031-improving-throttle-response.html

So why are you worried about having a better throttle response? Accelerating up to the speed limit it just as dangerous as maintaining a speed 30mph+ above the speed limit. Why would you want a increase in performance if you don't plan on using it? Unless of course you plan on tracking your car.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM
mcurry5

People mod there cars for many reasons, most of which are to 1 up the next guy. Not all people mod there cars so they can go out on the freeway and look for a race. A lot mod because they just want to have more HP than the next guy. Bragging rights. The analogy of going 5-10 mph over the speed limit and someone racing another car on public roads is rediculous !!! Dont get pissed if you play with fire and eventually get burned!!!!

Quick Reply: 350Z Crashes and Results