Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Delivery on August 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 03:56 AM
RxO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by robbyn
Nissan plans to sell 30k the first year, 20K per year after that. The 22K number would be the first year's allotment minus the pre-orders. They will be sold over the course of the model year, NOT by December.
Total initial ordered to date number is closer to 10,000.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:14 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: Delivery on August 3rd

Originally posted by Pelzi
Just got off the phone with my dealer here in St. Louis, he gave me my VIN number and told me that my car was scheduled to arrive on August 3rd. I really wasn't expecting my car until Late August so it was a nice surprise. Given that I am in the middle of the country, I am sure that other cars are being delivered at the same time (or sooner)
Zisme answered this on Zcar.com as not being true, sorry another dumb@#$ dealer stikes again.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=56961&t=56827
Old 08-01-2002, 06:38 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

My dealer also called me Monday and said that his first car was coming in next week...three weeks before he expected it to show up

Please don't kill the messenger
Old 08-01-2002, 06:39 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really.

He said not true to the fact that dealers would get a "show car" that can not be sold. He said nothing about delivery. Although I also have my doubts that anyone will see the car until mid-late Aug.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:50 PM
MatthewZ

Originally posted by bobbyz
Not really.

He said not true to the fact that dealers would get a "show car" that can not be sold. He said nothing about delivery. Although I also have my doubts that anyone will see the car until mid-late Aug.
I got the same impression as bobbyz. ZISME was commenting on the show room car.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:16 PM
jim350z

MatthewZ, stopped by our dealer last night to see the "polished Titanium" color, god its beautiful, very James Bondish to quote another. Anyway, I talked to the dealer about delivery and was told they getting my car 8/2 or 8/5 just because I ordered first. Needless to say I almost fell down laughing at him. Regardless of what Zisme wants the only decent info I have received was from Nissan N.E. regional headquaters which i'll probally be calling again. Just thought I'd give you an update.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:19 PM
PistolPete

I live in St Louis and have yet to see one in person (other than the fairlady at the auto show)

Would you mind if I dropped by Bommarito on Saturday and droolled near your car? Mine is not set to come in until October.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:19 PM
bobbyz

Man, that means they expect your car possibly tomorrow?
Hmm. I have my doubts, but I hope its true. Take pics for us shaking hands with the salesman to close the deal .
Old 08-01-2002, 08:30 PM
MatthewZ

Originally posted by jim350z
MatthewZ, stopped by our dealer last night to see the "polished Titanium" color, god its beautiful, very James Bondish to quote another. Anyway, I talked to the dealer about delivery and was told they getting my car 8/2 or 8/5 just because I ordered first. Needless to say I almost fell down laughing at him. Regardless of what Zisme wants the only decent info I have received was from Nissan N.E. regional headquaters which i'll probally be calling again. Just thought I'd give you an update.
Hey Jim350Z,
8/2 thats tomorrow!!! I'm glad you like your color. For a second there I thought you were saying that had an actual Z there. Did the salesman have any documentation to back up that date? I might have to give a call to see if anything has changed. Last time I talked to them was like a month ago. Thats for the update Jim. You're still the man!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:17 PM
jim350z

MatthewZ
Sorry about the mix up, I was checking out the Titanium edition Maxima with Frost Leather seats.
It was last evening and they did'nt pull any documents. I already called today and the Inventory Control Manager is off all week ( Probally at the Nissan Convention) and the sales guy is out today so no real info. I'm still expecting delivery in September. Let me know if you find out anything. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:59 PM
MatthewZ

Originally posted by jim350z
MatthewZ
Sorry about the mix up, I was checking out the Titanium edition Maxima with Frost Leather seats.
It was last evening and they did'nt pull any documents. I already called today and the Inventory Control Manager is off all week ( Probally at the Nissan Convention) and the sales guy is out today so no real info. I'm still expecting delivery in September. Let me know if you find out anything. Thanks!
Jim,
My salesman said they were expected some cars in the very near future. However, he didn't sound too sure of himself and he obviously didn't talk to the inventory manager before he called me back b/c the IM isn't there. I guess we'll just play it by ear.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:01 AM
Pelzi

No word yet, still waiting for the final delivery 'phone call' I doubt it will be here on Sat. Just my gut feeling...
Old 08-02-2002, 12:25 AM
350ZNUT

Default I bombed out at Bommarito

Called my salesman at Bommarito Nissan today and he tells me he has no information on arrival dates of my car or of anyone else's, for that matter. Pelzi, I hope your luck is better. Maybe once the Z pipe is opened it will flow freely and soon for us all.
Old 08-02-2002, 12:38 AM
VandyZ

Default Re: I bombed out at Bommarito

Originally posted by 350ZNUT
Called my salesman at Bommarito Nissan today and he tells me he has no information on arrival dates of my car or of anyone else's, for that matter. Pelzi, I hope your luck is better. Maybe once the Z pipe is opened it will flow freely and soon for us all.
My dealer says the same!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:47 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

If it's shipped, it's listed at www.joc.com The trouble is I don't know the name of the ship, port of call-departure etc. Someone that has more time on their hands might find when the Nissan ship arrives and this would give us a better idea when we get our car.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:31 AM
InternetABYSS

Sorry guys....no Z for u on Aug 3rd......after reading this post it made me think ...hmmmm its possible.

Then my dealer talked crap about car coming today or next weekend. I called around I heard 2 othere dealers claiming to get the car this weekend or next week.

I was like holy crap can it be true????

Now after a 4 hr investigation.....

This is TOTAL CRAP.....no cars for ATLEAST 2 more weeks.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:56 AM
Traffic

Considering Cra Z made a lot a people eat a lot of crow, I'm not going to throw the B.S. flag up here, but I'd be damned happy if people started getting Zs in 48 hours. Maybe I could even get mine while it's still hot outside-
Old 08-02-2002, 05:25 AM
Pelzi

Default INTERNETABYSS

There are somethings that even you don't know. I am confident that you will see pictures of me riding in my Z next week sometime. I will then bake the biggest cake of crow and Fed Ex it to you. Seriously dude, your in the dark on this one. I think a lot of us are kind of fed up with your "I am the son of NISSAN" attitude. Flame away Abyss, but I suggest you flame VERY carefully.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:55 AM
droideka

Originally posted by Pelzi
There are somethings that even you don't know. I am confident that you will see pictures of me riding in my Z next week sometime. I will then bake the biggest cake of crow and Fed Ex it to you. Seriously dude, your in the dark on this one. I think a lot of us are kind of fed up with your "I am the son of NISSAN" attitude. Flame away Abyss, but I suggest you flame VERY carefully.
Bwahahaha! DAMN! Flamed to a crisp by a noob.

Quick Reply: Delivery on August 3rd