Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Silverstone vs Chrome Silver

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 05:44 AM
principe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstone vs Chrome Silver

I visited the Nissan Canada head office today hoping to the 350Z .. no luck but they admitted it was there sometimes!

While I was there I got to see a Silverstone Maxima parked right next to a guess what ... A chrome Silver SUV. I took some pictures to compare the colours, there seems to be enough interest in knowing how different they are.

The Chrome, yep its silver. The Silverstone is beautiful. It is no where near as dark as I thought. BMW has a similar colour but it is darker and not as metallic. There is so much "metallic" flake/stuff in the paint it just shines. I've got a couple pics for comparison.

Anyone know how to load the pics let me know and I'll do it.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:31 AM
rai

I'd like to see, I wish the silverstone were darker. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the two. I ordered the silverstone. I only saw a blue one in person, but I think this might be the nicest color. Oh well.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:16 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

I think that the Silverstone's 0-60 time will be a couple of tenths faster but the chrome will be able to take it in the slalom.

What???

Oh, this isn't one of those this vs that threads. Sorry.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:49 AM
kroams

rai,

You mean you think blue will be the nicest color? Was the blue so bright in person that it would get old after a while? The blue is so sharp in all the pictures but the silverstone is so classy that I wonder if in 5 years the blue becomes tiresome while the silverstone is still just as elegant and impressive. I just remember that pastel blue Ferrari had and several years later its become an eye sore. Sorta like I wonder how the nagano Audi S4 blue will age (seems very similar to the Daytona blue according to my monitor).
Old 07-31-2002, 05:46 PM
rai

Originally posted by kroams
rai,

You mean you think blue will be the nicest color? Was the blue so bright in person that it would get old after a while? The blue is so sharp in all the pictures but the silverstone is so classy that I wonder if in 5 years the blue becomes tiresome while the silverstone is still just as elegant and impressive. I just remember that pastel blue Ferrari had and several years later its become an eye sore. Sorta like I wonder how the nagano Audi S4 blue will age (seems very similar to the Daytona blue according to my monitor).
I have not seen the silverstone or any other color except the blue, but the blue is the most published in magazines because it looks so damn good. I think the blue is the best color RIGHT NOW, but it may get old after a while, also I wonder if it will fade at all and start to look dull. I have never used these wax products like zanos, but I think I will start with my Z, it should keep it looking new for a long time.

From the pictures of the silverstone it looks very classy but I was thinking it would be a little darker.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:28 PM
kroams

I think I might agree with you Krazy. I can think of many cars that had an unusual shade of a color (extreamly bright) and although it was really impressive when you first saw it, after time I liked it less. Of course I have not seen any of these colors in person and have only seen the 350Z with the auto show paint. I have never had a blue car and really like all the blue pictures, but I just keep going back those pictures of Jay Leno's loaner car and am blown away with how classy the silverstone is. It lets the lines of the car speak for themselves rather than having such a loud color where thats all you see. Of course the 350Z looks awesome in every color which makes the decision so hard.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Viral

The only Z I've seen in person is the blue one. And while I liked it in pics on the web, I honestly didn't care much for it in person. It's just so loud. It seemed to blur out the etched features of the body or something. It's still nice, don't get me wrong, it just helped me rule out that particular color for my Z.

Has anyone seen a white one? I've heard almost no mention of it on the boards..

--Viral
Old 08-02-2002, 11:04 PM
vanstorm16

There's some photos of a white Z (lots of them) in the photos sections of the my350z.com website.

Let's get those pics of the Silverstone Z up! I ordered that color and its killing me not seeing too many pictures of it! I think that some of the bolder colors don't show off the lines of the car as well as the silver colors do.

I think all you need to do is use the "attach file" feature just below the text window when you're posting a message. You can just pop the pics in there.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:10 PM
nizl

Originally posted by Viral
Has anyone seen a white one? I've heard almost no mention of it on the boards..
I did just yesterday, and it looks very nice.

If you search for "visited nissan" you'll find a whole thread w/ lots of pics.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:57 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

For those that haven't seen the pics of a Silverstone, check out the "Jay Leno has a Z" thread..I too thought the Silverstone would be darker but I can say first hand it is very classy and looks stunning on the Z..I'm having second thoughts about my Chrome Silver order
Old 08-02-2002, 11:59 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Originally posted by AudioPat
For those that haven't seen the pics of a Silverstone, check out the "Jay Leno has a Z" thread..I too thought the Silverstone would be darker but I can say first hand it is very classy and looks stunning on the Z..I'm having second thoughts about my Chrome Silver order
NOOOOOO......don't doubt the chrome! Keep your eyes straight ahead and know that your color will be just as sharp.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:04 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

I have to admit Craig...they are the only two colors I'm torn between..I've seen both and love both...maybe I just need to order a second one

Or maybe I'm just attached to the Silverstone because I drove it
Old 08-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Those were my two also...

I wanted a pewter colored Z on this buy and was going to wait for the cars to come out and get gouged by the dealer. Couldn't wait and had to make a decision on a bad photo silverstone and lots of great photo chromes. Every time I went to look at the pictures, the chrome is the one that made me drool and lust. That's my story on the color selection but I do like every color.......just like the silvers the most.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:00 AM
principe

Default pics of Silverstone next to Chrome

Some pics showing both colours side by side...
Attached Thumbnails Silverstone vs Chrome Silver-p0000511-small-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2002, 03:02 AM
principe

Default Another Silverstone/Chrome

One more pic ...[COLOR=orangered][PHP]
Attached Thumbnails Silverstone vs Chrome Silver-p0000510-small-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2002, 03:05 AM
vanstorm16

Excellent pics. Thanks!

That's a really good demonstration / comparison of the two. I'll have to take a trip to the dealer and check the Silverstone on the Maxima with my own eyes!
Old 08-03-2002, 03:06 AM
principe

Default Silverstone alone!

When the sun was on this it was really metallic ...

The Chrome was just silver no real life to it ...
Attached Thumbnails Silverstone vs Chrome Silver-p0000505-small-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2002, 03:58 AM
tek

Default Shazbot!

I just placed a deposit on a 350Z - WOOT. Unfortunately I placed it on a blue one. I was going to place it on a Silverstone, then changed my mind to Chrome but then didn't like that the car's lines seemed to not stand out well on the Chrome Silver so I went with blue. Now I'm looking at that Maxima and thinking Silverstone as I was originally - you guys aren't making this easy!

I like the Silverstone because th door handles disappear better into it. Nissan shot themselves in the foot by simply not anodizing the door handles to match the color of the car for say anything other than the Chrome or Silverstone.

I think I'm going to call and change that order to Silverstone...

Quick Reply: Silverstone vs Chrome Silver