Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My neighbor crashed into my Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
FreemeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My neighbor crashed into my Z

Well I come home from school and I park in front of my house like I usually do. About an hour later there's a knock at the door, and it's my neighbors son. I open the door and he proceeds to tell me that my car has been hit. I nearly fainted cause I worked so hard to be able to afford this car. I went outside and saw that the left side of my bumper and my back quarter panel were dented pretty bad. Also my tired had been scraped as well as my rim a bit. Luckily I still have stock rims cause I woulda been pissed if I had bought new ones. It turns out the old man (70 years old) was moving his motor home and he managed to hit my Z and my neighbors daughters brand new week old car (she lives two doors down). I still can't understand how he managed to do it, but it really sucks. I was planning on taking my car to the dealership to have a lot of stuff fixed finally. I have been having some problems and I just haven't had time to take it in.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Fingers

Atleast they were honest about it, but that does suck. I was recently rear ended by someone with no insurance or drivers liscence. Hopefuly insurance can take care of it quickly
Old 06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
IcW@TeR

well is he insured is it all going to be covered did he do this and try to hide the fact, whats with tthe kid tellin ya not the old man? i mean either way this sucks but it really blows if he's tryin to act like it didnt happen or is ininsured
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Richy350Z

sorry to hear.

pics?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
blueZcar

Default sucks

alot of people wouldnt have even told you atleast now you know who did it
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 PM
z33boi

sux this had to happen, how bad is the damage?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
FreemeZ

Well he told me to get some quotes and he would take car of getting the car fixed. It's not that he was trying to hide it, he's just really old and shouldn't have been driving.
How bad is the damage? Let's just say, you know how the back side panel bulges out, it's not bulged anymore. I will post pics tomorrow. It's already night and I want to take them in the daytime. I should've taken pics when it first happened but I had a bad day and I just came in the house and watched tv. It was just the icing on my day.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
stereoneeds

i had someone hit my z awhile back. had 20" iforged rims on it. barely scratched one rim, and they paid me $1800 for the rim and tire
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Blazemaster

at least yours got hit by honest people. When I had a G35 and parked right outside my house, and came out the next morning with the driver side door skin and driver side panel with a scrach 2 inch long right across. I know one of my neighbors did it, and most likely his 16 year old son. I asked the father of the family if he had seen anything, he said no, and I asked where is your son, how come his car is not there like it usually is. He told me that his son's car is in the shop. I know the father wouldn't lie to me, but his son most likely did it and didn't tell his father to not to get in trouble. Now every time I see him, I really want to go and f up his piece of s*&@ car for revenge.

Oh well, the G35 is long gone and I have a Z now and no way I'm leaving my car right in front of the house again.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:49 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread needs some photos.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 AM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FreemeZ
he's just really old and shouldn't have been driving.
Lay off us "really old" guys. Just because one rotten egg crashed into your car doesn't mean we should all be restricted to tricycles. As an active 70 year old I handle my car well and hope to be driving for many, many years.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Z'd Up

That sucks, but I have a feeling the old man will not pay 100% of your repairs. Did you get his insurance information. Shouldn't you be taking your care to a auto repair shop? Your daughter must be feeling really bummed.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Saint_Spinner

Originally Posted by FreemeZ
Well he told me to get some quotes and he would take car of getting the car fixed. It's not that he was trying to hide it, he's just really old and shouldn't have been driving.
How bad is the damage? Let's just say, you know how the back side panel bulges out, it's not bulged anymore. I will post pics tomorrow. It's already night and I want to take them in the daytime. I should've taken pics when it first happened but I had a bad day and I just came in the house and watched tv. It was just the icing on my day.
Make sure you go through insurance though. He can easily weasle his way out if you didn't file a claim.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Chest Rockwell

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Boy, are you getting picked on lately!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 AM
ZlleH

I don't mean to change the thread topic, but the picture isn't supossed to be an insult to DavidV. I agree with his post on threads needing pics sometimes, so I made this inspirational poster to use on threads that needed pics.

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell
Boy, are you getting picked on lately!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 AM
tomoyo

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I don't mean to change the thread topic, but the picture isn't supossed to be an insult to DavidV. I agree with his post on threads needing pics sometimes, so I made this inspirational poster to use on threads that needed pics.
Well, at least fix it so it says "thread" instead of "thead".
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I1DER

I'd go for reporting it to your insurance also. Your car was parked so you weren't involved. I'd worry about the guy having a change of heart or losing it when he sees how much things cost now. Rim repair can be expensive in itself. Get his money for repairs before he gets the bid of the damaged new car of the neighbor. If there is only one worm, the early bird gets it.
This isn't about incontinence but incompetence. I don't care how old anybody is that can hit two cars with a motor home.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 PM
ZlleH

Fixed, thanks for the heads up. Might need to do shift refresh to see the new pic.

Originally Posted by tomoyo
Well, at least fix it so it says "thread" instead of "thead".
Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Behemel

Old people should have more frequent reviews of their driving ability, because too many of them can't drive for ****. I couldn't imagine any other age category pulling off a stunt like this one.

Quick Reply: My neighbor crashed into my Z