Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
VENOMSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate that shist too.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Manu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tend to look for nicer cars when parking. In that case, most likely that STI owner is as passionate about his car as you are and that's why he parked next to you. And obviously, if there's two cars, a ratty one and a nice one, you want to park closer to the nice one.

Last edited by Manu; 07-04-2007 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 AM
blackstealthz

This happened to me once i went to target i parked as far away as possible. I come out and theres a car right next to mine with 2 kids in it eating fast food from wendies.I look at them like wtf and the kid says we just wanted to check out your car while we ate.I said ok well take it easy i drove off wierd **** happens when you own a Z lol
Old 07-04-2007, 04:39 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Exact same thing happened to me a while back. 3 jackasses were getting into their car giggling until they say me walking up. Smiles disappeared adn they silently rode off.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 AM
TuscaniJon

I hate it when a POS flies into the parking lot and parks next to me all funky and stuff, not to mention the other night I went into MC D's and when I got to work I noticed some dick unleased a whole mustard packet on my passanger side mirror. I hate teenage kids!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 AM
zzz350

Originally Posted by TuscaniJon
I hate it when a POS flies into the parking lot and parks next to me all funky and stuff, not to mention the other night I went into MC D's and when I got to work I noticed some dick unleased a whole mustard packet on my passanger side mirror. I hate teenage kids!
Maybe Ronald McDonald got all worked up seeing your car and lost his load onto it. Never trust a clown.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Zulu-6

Originally Posted by Manu
I tend to look for nicer cars when parking. In that case, most likely that STI owner is as passionate about his car as you are and that's why he parked next to you. And obviously, if there's two cars, a ratty one and a nice one, you want to park closer to the nice one.

If the parking lot if crowded this is what I do. I'll take my chances with the owner of a new Lexus over some guy in a lifted ford F-250 with 5" stacks sticking out the bed of his truck.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:49 AM
SniperHunter

Like I said, I always park in the most deserted area of the lot - no exceptions. This mall is huge, and there's a ton lots to park in. When I say there's at least an acre of empty land around me when I park, I'm not kidding.

And again, the STI owner parked WAY too close to me. And no, I didn't park like an *** - the spaces in this mall are HUGE. You can swing your entire door open they're so wide. The guy was just a douche.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Do people ever purposely park their cars right next to yours in completely deserted lots?
Obviously other drivers are following your example.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Mid117

What part of Roosevelt Field Mall?

At least someone with a nice car parked next to you, not some rustbucket.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:58 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by Mid117
What part of Roosevelt Field Mall?

At least someone with a nice car parked next to you, not some rustbucket.
You know the indoor lot on the side of Dick's Sporting Goods? You know how there's the large outside lot to the side of it? Not the lot in front of X-Sport and Dick's, but the one that's next to the indoor lot. Yeah, I always park all the way down there.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:19 AM
zzz350

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
You know the indoor lot on the side of Dick's Sporting Goods? You know how there's the large outside lot to the side of it? Not the lot in front of X-Sport and Dick's, but the one that's next to the indoor lot. Yeah, I always park all the way down there.
Yeah, I hear a lot of dicks shop at Dick's.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
A.E.S.S.

oh man,

My last car was a scion tc. This was my first new car purchase & so I was very proud of it & myself. Anyways, on 3 separate occasions while visiting target I was hit on the passenger side door 2-times & the front passenger side fender one time. All of us know what that feels like and so I won't go into details as it still pisses me off. But here is a story that is liable to make Z-owners tearful! I now own a 07 mag. black tour. 350z; I purchased my car on a saturday in march of this year & for the most part it was a nice week with little or no rain if I recall. On the following saturday I was peacefully washing my car & had just finished drying it. It was now time for the tire gel so I went inside to grab my bag with all my tire dressing items. I also grabbed a cold bottle water from the frig. & quickly made my way back to my lot. (Please note my lot is secured & fenced with a 8' fence.) As I walk outside I found a double-threaded screw (sim. to those for furniture table leg-attachment). This struck me as kind-of weird, the first thing I thought was how I was out for almost 1.5 hours & did not notice this 4" long brass screw, so I picked-it up & put in inside. About an hour later I went outside to dust the car & I noticed 2-DENT ON THE TOP OF MAY CAR, ALONG WITH THE SCREW MARKS FROM THE BRASS SCREW I HAD FOUND EARLIER! To this day nothing else has happened to my car luckily. But the moral of the story is sometimes no matter how hard you try. It is even possible that on your own property some hater can damage your car. I'm gonna stop now I'm gettin pissed again

Last edited by A.E.S.S.; 07-04-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
350z babe

when i went to the mall, i parked next to a porche rather than the beat up cars
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM
kh_08

well I had my new bumper for 1 week, custom painted + titek cf duct, and when I went out to wash my car I noticed that my front bumper was scraped! It looked like someone from the university parking ramed through it, took even the clear coat off, and wiped down any paint evidence from their car.
-Just be thankful that nothing happened to your car
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
irish27

Maybe you have it wrong. I will park next to another nice car to mutually protect both cars. If I saw your car at the end of a lane (where I park) I would park next to yours, trust you not to ding me, and in a million years I would never ding your car. Kind of a mutual trust thing between drivers who want to keep their cars nice.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look I will always park next to a nice car because that will reduce the amount of attention to my own. I am not a douchebag, you sir, sound like a douchebag for getting annoyed with people who are just as concerned about the well being of their car as you.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
icepig

Originally Posted by zzz350
Maybe Ronald McDonald got all worked up seeing your car and lost his load onto it. Never trust a clown.
it's true: clowns are dirty bastards. you should see the original director's cut of "it". covered head to toe, i tell you.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Steve-O Z33

I always get drink poured on my car or have a beer can sitting on top of my car, etc.

And yeah, I'll park way out and a rust bucket or something lame will park really close. I've had to get in on the pass. side and crawl through a few times.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
Look I will always park next to a nice car because that will reduce the amount of attention to my own. I am not a douchebag, you sir, sound like a douchebag for getting annoyed with people who are just as concerned about the well being of their car as you.
Uhh, did you read the first post? I park my car in a deserted lot. Someone decides to not only park right next to me, but way too close to me attempting to suffocate my car. Notice how I had no qualms with the Speed6? Conveniently forgot about that one, didn't we?

Quick Reply: Parking lot douchebags?