Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Parking lot douchebags?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind when it's a nice car next to mine. That just means the owner realizes I care for my car and knows I won't ding his.

However, I get a lot of old beater pos trucks and cars that do it. I've actually been walking from my car before and seen one drive past and watched them park next to my ****. I watched them and made sure they didn't touch it, then gave the guy a ****ing dirty look as he went by. I don't even think he realized what he did.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
CervanteZ

I don't think people do it to be douche bags though it always seems that way.
Me thinks:

1. Parking next to you seems like the most sensible idea, since YOU are not going to ding their car, I mean look at the "amazing machine" you're driving.

2. It's easier to take a peek at said machine.

3. Nice cars do tend to stick together, in your eyes his/hers riced out, piece of **** is gold to him/her.

4. Could be an employee... and employees are not allowed to park near their jobs.

5. Is a douchebag.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
NY 350Z

I always park in the garage on the south side of the mall. All the way on top....all that way at the end. Had that same STI park next to me twice before, I think he works there.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 PM
redmike_02

I wouldn't be worried about the nice cars. I always park far out by myself an I usualy get some redneck in his big truck or SUV that's jacked up park almost on top of me. Or it's some POS ricer car trying to be cool.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by NY 350Z
I always park in the garage on the south side of the mall. All the way on top....all that way at the end. Had that same STI park next to me twice before, I think he works there.
Silver STI with short wing?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly if they parked next to you and they parked close I wouldn't take it the wrong way. They might have noticed that you take good care of your car parked next to you to do the same. You were being protected. If it was some ghetto car or SUV/truck I woulda been worried.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM
angelzhope720

Um, to be honest with you your rant isn't all that necessary. If I park my car further in the forbiden area of the parking lot, if there is a car that parks next to me it's always an enthusiasts car. An enthusiast will not door your car. It's like parking my car at work everyday, me and my friend with his 240 park nearly inches away from each other just so other cars can't come close.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Z_Driver
Master

My Z fears Minivans. The kids jump in and out of those and don't care or look. The other day I was in my pickup and a Father and his son/daughter got out of their POS. To top it off, I was trying to get out of my car while can on in. His son being in the front pass side just unlatched the door and kicked it open hitting my truck.

I said "Hey, do you even realize you hit my car?" He was like "No I didn't." I showed him where he hit the car and then notice the molding was dented.
Me states "I didn't do that!" Mine you this is a classic F100 pickup.
Oh course, I know he did since I felt it while in the truck and hear it. I had just wiped down the whole truck a few minutes before out in front of my house as well. Fortunately, the molding only cost like $25 to fix.

The father just kept walking so, I asked him if this was his son. He just motioned to his son to keep coming. I took his plate and was going to file small claim on him ..... but, it cost more than $25 to do so. Plus my time is worth a whole bunch more than that. It just makes you sometimes.

If this had been my Z I would have had to gone through with it because to fix a dent in a Z door can cost $75-450 or more depending on where it is.

The reason I know this is because I have dented my own door by mistake. That was a bad day. It wasn't my Z. That time is was my Firebird.

Looks good again -

Here is my story on that one:

Short story -

1) Get torque wrench out of tool box to torque wheels on Z and hold it carefully as not to dent Firebird or Mercury going through garage.
2) Get arm hooked by mirror swinging arm and wrench into area right behind door.
3) Dent / Marr / Clearcoat damaged
4) Door needs to be repainted and fender need to be blended. The marr is a dime in sized and only takes off clear coat but, car has to be repainted clear coated and all.
5) Painter screw up front of car going down their steep driveway ... They have to paint front bumper as well.

Until I dented the door no dings were ever taken over 8 years of ownership.
The reason I tell you this is so you don't do this stupid thing.
Point is no matter how careful you are dents can still happen ....

Last edited by Z_Driver; 07-05-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 AM
DeanZ07

I recall a couple years back I went to the Home Depot and noticed this beautiful Vet parked way in the back of the lot all by itself. Upon exiting the Depot, I noticed that some douche in a pickup towing a trailer attempted a U-turn around the Vet and misjudged the clearance for the trailer.

YEP, you guess it. The Vet was destroyed from the left corner all down the side to the left rear. My guess it was totaled, it made me sick to see that. Can't imagine how the owner must have felt?

So the lesson I learned don't park in the open! Always have a curb on one side or the other or go all the way to the rear of the lot.
DeanZ07
Old 07-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Key Lago

Originally Posted by DeanZ07
I recall a couple years back I went to the Home Depot and noticed this beautiful Vet parked way in the back of the lot all by itself. Upon exiting the Depot, I noticed that some douche in a pickup towing a trailer attempted a U-turn around the Vet and misjudged the clearance for the trailer.

YEP, you guess it. The Vet was destroyed from the left corner all down the side to the left rear. My guess it was totaled, it made me sick to see that. Can't imagine how the owner must have felt?

So the lesson I learned don't park in the open! Always have a curb on one side or the other or go all the way to the rear of the lot.
DeanZ07

Always find an end spot if you can.

Like most people, I don't mind if someone parks next to me, as long as they give enough room to safely open their door without banging into mine. But, I will never understand why someone feels that they have to park in the spot next to me when there are 200 other available spaces in a fairly empty lot.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:19 AM
NY 350Z

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Silver STI with short wing?
I dont remember. He always backs his car in, I dont go back there.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:21 AM
HardTech

If your in the Dallas area and a old white dirty explorer parks next to ya, its for good reason. I dont want door dings.

My car may be old, worthless, dirty... but in 12 years it has not gotten on door ding. Because I park next to newer nicer cars and be sure to give them plenty of space

But I guess I respect my stuff, and other peoples stuff more so than most people would with a 12 year old car
Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 AM
zdatsun

I parked at Target on an extremely hot sunny day way, way, way out in the lot waiting for the wife to finish shopping. Had the air on with the tints closed. Suddenly here comes this old clunker. Parks very, very close and I'm thinking, what the heck!!! Apparently this young kid didn't know someone was in the car until he begain getting his door opened. Should have seen the look on his face when he realized I was in the car looking at him. He was so close that he had to squeeze out of his door to keep from touching my car. I just wonder even now if there would have been a nice ding if I wasn't there. I've actually seen people damage other's vehicles in lots and gotten their licence numbers and left notes on the victims windshield. Nope not a parking lot cop, but burns me up to see people not giving a hoot about others property.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

The other day I was driving to class and I got there early so I parked and sat in my car for a few minutes listening to music. Within a few minutes a silver mustang parks next to me. Luckily I wasn't in my Z (I wouldn't take it to class because the parking lot is full of idiots), I was in my dad's 06 Toyota Solara. The way the kid opened the door was ridicilous, as if there was no one next to him. He hit my door really hard then just looked at me, no sorry or apology or anything.

If he would have apologized that's one thing. But he didn't, and what really pissed me off is he checked the edge of his own door to see if his door was damaged. He closed his door and started walking away. So now, he pissed me off so much I got out of my car and said "excuse me, are you retarded?" He turned around and said back "it's not my fault, I have a two door so the doors are big, and you were too close to my spot," then started walking away again. Mind you, I always make sure I park in the middle of the spot because I hate people that can't park straight or in the center. So this kid was obviously not going to take the blame.

If it was my Z I would have taken his plate and kicked a dent in his door, but it was a Solara so I saved up some spit and let the mustang's windshield have it, got his plate, showed my dad the ding and let him decide what he wanted to do. He said filing a claim wouldn't be worth it.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 AM
ickysz

One day I parked at Cato's, let my girl out to go shop & I stayed in the car, just sitting there this OLD rusty looking oldsmobile rolls up about a foot from my car on the passenger side, (fat) woman starts to get out & noticed I was in the car, so she sqweeeeezed her thick *** out like I've never seen anyone do before haha.

I've also had a couple Z's park nose to nose w/ me before, but that's all cool, NOT when an eclipse w/ a fart can gets side by side w/ me .... its funny, I'll walk out of the store to find some random pos car parked so close to me, that I can only open my door 5 inches.. having to get in from the other side (which sucks a dick), makes me wonder if there was a passenger in the other car that actually got out.... & those people who park close to you & open there doors (while looking the other way from my car, not even watching there door) I see that **** get 2 inches away from hitting me... damn it pisses me off.

Trucks,mini vans, ricers, all the above...

There's a jacked up truck around here that has a sticker on his windsheild that says "Low cars are for little boys who cant get it up"

I hate Alabama

Edit: I just thought about this & had to jot it down: (speaking of ricers) Yesterday on my way home, a crotch rocket pulled up next to me & reved his bike up & sped off, I just shook my head... but then this black guy driving a civic rolls up w/ a michael jordan "dunking a basketball" symbol sticker on his back window & sporting a grabage can tailpipe came up text to me & floored his beeeee machine, there was chunks of **** & black smoke flowing out of his pipe.... lol - Just had to get that out

Last edited by ickysz; 07-05-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:37 AM
03aeroZ

i think some people just don't think. i saw a very nice g35 in a handicap parking space one day....COVERED with tickets. not sure if that $100 per ticket parking spot was worth not having to park way out in the parking lot.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:40 AM
GalvatronType_R

The idea that other drivers with nice cars will take extra car not to ding your car is a complete myth. There are many female drivers who have nice cars who don't give a crap how far their door swings out and dings the car next to them (I've witnessed this phenomenon ad infinitum)

So I don't discriminate on the basis of car prestige level, I assume nothing, and park far away from EVERYONE.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Parking Lot Douche

Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP, the STI that parked next to you probably was just parking there to stick together. The distance he put on your car was probably unintentional. Did he face the same way as you? Ff so, he got out of the car not on the side you parked so he may not have realized how close he got to your driver's side. STI owners are just as **** about their cars as Zs. STIs aren't exactly cheap and cost just as much as Zs to fix and own.

Generally, I try to find a nice car in the lot and park next to them. I look for high end cars, preferably better than mine. All that being said, there's no guarantee that that person will leave in 2 mins and a woman in a mini-van will take their place and proceed to mutilate your Z. I witnessed from afar a woman loading her shopping bags into ther minivan and while doing so, she was banging the shopping car into the car next to her, over and over and over again. The other car wasn't anything spectacular but it doesn't matter. The woman saw it, knew what she was doing and continued to bash the car with the cart. By the time I managed to get there, she already left. Felt bad for the person who got stucj with the repair bill because of the doushbag lady. Moral of the story? People are nasty and will brake your stuff because they can. If you share roads with public, you will get dinged. Sucks but that is life.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by Ziggyrama
To the OP, the STI that parked next to you probably was just parking there to stick together. The distance he put on your car was probably unintentional. Did he face the same way as you? Ff so, he got out of the car not on the side you parked so he may not have realized how close he got to your driver's side. STI owners are just as **** about their cars as Zs. STIs aren't exactly cheap and cost just as much as Zs to fix and own.
Nope, and that pissed me off more - knowing that the door that opened was the driver's door which was next to my driver's door. We were facing opposite directions, as you can see.

Quick Reply: Parking lot douchebags?