Black Z in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
nathanielt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Black Z in Arizona

OOPS...wrong thread...better in here

Black Z in Arizona?
I'm looking to get a Z in september, after I get settled into a new job. Depending on how the job is, I may get the track. Any recommended dealer's out there? My main question is who has a black Z in Arizona? I like black, but I'm worried it will never stay clean...so actually, who has a black car in arizona? And is it hard to keep clean? I only want to be washing my car once a week, not every other day...if it's too difficult I'll just go with silverstone. But damn, the Z looks hot, black with tinted windows!! haha Thanks

Nathan
Old 05-06-2003, 05:10 PM
cbsuper

Hey, I own a blue Z and the thing never stays clean. However, I think a black Z will accent the dirt even more than mine does. If you're worried about dirt that much then I would probably look into getting the CrystalGuard and putting on as much coats as possible.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:16 PM
nathanielt

hmm...you think crystalguard would keep the dust from settling on it so much? I'm moving to Phoenix in July. Did you buy your Z out there, if you don't mind me asking. Recommend any dealers?
Old 05-06-2003, 06:36 PM
lEtMeZ1

California Duster! works wonders
Old 05-06-2003, 08:32 PM
lotus

I have a black Z and I live in AZ. First off try to buy your car from West valley nissan or Pinnacle Nissan. Stay far away from Midway and ABC. Both of those dealers are crooks. If you want more info on them PM me. As far as cleaning well you really need to clean it once a day with a duster. I wash it once a week and dust it every day. With the large amount of dirt we have in the air here it is a *****. The other thing is make sure you keep it waxed so that you can dust it off when needed.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Black Z in New Mexico. I have lived in Phoenix and Albuquerque. I would be more concerned about the heat than the dirt.

For the dirt. Crystal Guard. Wash once a week. California Duster every other day or daily as needed.

MAKE SURE TO GET THE HEAT BLOCKING TINT or just forget it.

Don't be afraid it's worth it...IMO
Old 05-06-2003, 10:26 PM
labshark7

ABC was offering me 2k off factory MSRP, has everything done but my signature.

Went with local dealer in Tucson, to help a friend who worked there.

Black is a great looking color, but you really MUST have a knowledge of detailing, in order to keep it looking great.

Do not buy Black, thinking it will be an easy job, or an easy car to work with.

If you have the slightest doubt, go with a different color. Remember, Black and Burgandy show every single paint flaw, every single spider web, and every single speck of dust on the car.

The color has a tremendous amount of depth, when it is kept clean.

eric
Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 AM
nathanielt

So, how much time would you say you spend regularly cleaning your car? How long does it take you to dust it? and does it look dirty an hour later, or is it good for at least the rest of the day? How long do you spend washing and waxing on the weekends? Thanks for your responses.

Nathan
Old 05-07-2003, 07:35 AM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

I haven't had my car that long but I've owned others so here's my deal.... I use crystal guard and wash it good every 2 weeks. That is about 2 hours for wash, detail inside/wheels and CG.

Once a week (more if it rains or dust storms) at a power wash do it yourself place. $1.50 and 4 min. Then I drive it a bit to blow dry and wipe down when i get home. 5 min.

3-4 times a week I use the california duster (costco has a great deal for a big one and little one together). A quick and GENTLE wipedown takes about 3-5min.

My car is always clean but never spectacular. I find that with constant, small amounts of upkeep it stays nice. To detail it to the next level would literally take another 2 hours. All the extra work would be lost as soon as you drive it.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:48 AM
cbsuper

Originally posted by nathanielt
hmm...you think crystalguard would keep the dust from settling on it so much? I'm moving to Phoenix in July. Did you buy your Z out there, if you don't mind me asking. Recommend any dealers?
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT deal with ABC Nissan. That's where I bought my car from and I will never go to them again. Also, stay away from Brown and Brown Nissan in Mesa. In fact, stay away from any dealers in the East Valley or Phoenix altogether. For some odd reason, car dealerships in the West Valley are generally more courteous, understanding, and helpful in meeting their customers' needs.

As far as the car is concerned, yeah, I recommend the Crystal Guard along with a California Dusting every now and then. Everyone hear is spot on in their recommendations.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:14 AM
nathanielt

Hey, thanks a lot for all your replies. I think I'll go with the black Z. I like it a lot more and a couple minutes of dusting everyday is no problem I'm gonna check out Pinnacle and Midway next month sometime and see what they have to say. Thanks again!

Nathan
Old 05-07-2003, 11:39 AM
kwanderi

Thumbs down

I just have to reply and stress - DO NOT BUY FROM ABC NISSAN!

I did and am sorry as hell. This is my first non-american car and probably my last just due to them. After I did not give them a top score from the sale, they never called me again, nothing!

Stay away from them unless you'd like to see crime in action.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:46 AM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Thumbs up

Post pics when you get your Z! There is a Super Black Thread there. I'll be lookin for ya.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
labshark7

Dont all car dealers suck? I have never purchased form a dealer I liked.

Guess I am right around my 25th car now, haha, maybe its time to start using an auto-broker.

The dealers in Tucson are no better, but they are selling 2k off factory MSRP, so it might be worth a 90 minute drive,
Eric
Old 05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
nathanielt

I'll be sure to post some pics And, I can say with confidence, after the replies from this post, I will not be buying from ABC...thanks for the warning!
Old 05-11-2003, 07:36 PM
N74DV

there's a new Nissan dealer in the valley

Earnhardt Nissan. it's in East Mesa by Superstition Springs.

I've stopped by and they appear to be on the ball! They just opened in April and are working very hard to earn a great reputation.

Try them... I'll bet you'll be treated well.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:09 PM
krepitch

Does anyone else know anything about Earnhardt? I was talking to them on Friday and they seemed to offer a good deal. They said "invoice plus $800" initially, then "invoice" if I came in this weekend. How does that sound? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:11 PM
N74DV

invoice? or MSRP? if it's invoice thats a good deal. just make sure they don't add the BS paint protection and $500 tint.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:16 PM
krepitch

Invoice. It seemed like a good deal to me, but they don't have the exact model I want (wrong interior color). Do you know how much they would charge to get the right one from somewhere else? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:25 PM
N74DV

they'll try to sell you what they have on the lot... but if you push them a little they will get whatever you want from another dealer if possible... or they may have to order it for you.

Quick Reply: Black Z in Arizona