Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Test drove an '07 Touring coupe yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

so far i only read the first page, but my response to the OP would be to turn off the TCS, then try it out. i noticed my car seems faster with it off, even when the car isn't suggesting that i am slipping. it seems to make the car bog down at launch and at gear changes.

jim
Old 08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
ginobetterfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by illjim69
so far i only read the first page, but my response to the OP would be to turn off the TCS, then try it out. i noticed my car seems faster with it off, even when the car isn't suggesting that i am slipping. it seems to make the car bog down at launch and at gear changes.

jim
thanks man, ill try that...
Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
PM-Performance

Nice thing about buying the Solar Orange. No one else wants to test drive them. lol
I test drove a blue one cuz I didnt want to beat on the one I was buying hahahaah
Old 08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Some of you are forgetting that the 03's were significantly lighter than the 05+

Back then, the 03 base coupes weighed at around 3200 lbs flat (3198 lbs to be exact).

Now, the base 06+ coupes weigh in at 3336 lbs. 06-07 Touring & GT's weight even more (3404 lbs).

Either way, im sure the 2007 350Z's are significantly faster. But as far as feel, I think the lighter 03 base coupes might have a different feel than the heavier 07's as far as lower RPM power.

07 Z's are faster; but 200lbs in weight difference can fool the mind.

Just to clarify: My 06 weighs 3254lbs. Says so on my registration, and it read 3275 on a lift when I decided to weigh the car (this was before I got my registration, so I was curious). I have a Touring AT.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:10 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't test drive any more cars. See the trouble that you started.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:19 AM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Thats just not true.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=weighed+07
A member ACTUALY weighed his 07 Z WITH 19" I-FORGE WHEELS and it weighed 32XX lbs. Subtract the wheels and you have a car that weighes around what the 03 does but with 30+ more horsepower. Trust me, i know that it "may" not have "felt" faster but it really is.
Read my post below this next quote. Also, I know as a fact that the 2007 350Z is faster than any of the 03-06 Z's.

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Just to clarify: My 06 weighs 3254lbs. Says so on my registration, and it read 3275 on a lift when I decided to weigh the car (this was before I got my registration, so I was curious). I have a Touring AT.
That could just as easily mean that the base 2003 350Z was over rated in weight as the 07 base Z was.

IMO, you can't compare a personal weight test someone did with another weight figure from a mag/company unless you weigh both.

Thanks for the info though Arnold K.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 AM
JunkStory

WHAT THE DEUCE

the 2007 is so much stronger even when the engine is not "broken in". OP is lying
Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 AM
blackstealthz

The 07's power is very linear your not driving a srt4 where you get that sudden boost of power off the line.If the OP is looking for that type of power then he's looking into the wrong car the 350z power delivery is just as powerful but alot more smoother.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Max-Q

Originally Posted by blackstealthz
The 07's power is very linear your not driving a srt4 where you get that sudden boost of power off the line.If the OP is looking for that type of power then he's looking into the wrong car the 350z power delivery is just as powerful but alot more smoother.
Very true. That is what I noticed going from my STi to the Z. The power delivery is smooth and linear throughout the rev band where the STi has a sudden burst of power when the turbo spools. The interesting thing is after that surge the power tends to drop off in the STi where in the Z it is still rather level and smooth. The result is the STi feels faster because how hard it pulls initially but in reality they are very close to each other when you watch the speedo.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by Max-Q
Very true. That is what I noticed going from my STi to the Z. The power delivery is smooth and linear throughout the rev band where the STi has a sudden burst of power when the turbo spools. The interesting thing is after that surge the power tends to drop off in the STi where in the Z it is still rather level and smooth. The result is the STi feels faster because how hard it pulls initially but in reality they are very close to each other when you watch the speedo.

Exactly
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 AM
SargentZ

Thats just how the Z is. Its power is very linear and you will not get pushed back in the seat like lets say a big V8 with alot of torque. You have to enjoy it for what it is, smooth, fast, and above all, handles like a dream.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 AM
skinsfan00atg

i wouldnt mind having an 07 one bit:-)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Accordaleer

Definetly a car that doesnt seem fast lol, been said a million times but yea its fast. It just doesnt pull you back in the seat hard but ill be cruisin with my friend and he'll start crackin up and go omg your goin 90 already and ill be like oh yea didnt even feel like it heh.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
VitViper

My 07 touring weighs 3300lbs with my aftermarket system. That includes all the extra wiring I ran for TWO aftermarket amplifiers (3 sets of RCA's, two sets of wires for the power/ground, wires for the speakers, etc; probably an extra 20-25lbs over factory weight with the new setup). It weighs ~3350 with the two 10's and box in the trunk. I remove the box when I go racing, but never take the amps out (hidden behind the seats); so I'm about 75-80 lbs over stock weight... Yet I'm still not at the 3404 advertised. Go figure.

Last edited by VitViper; 08-07-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
kleefton

the 07 will pull hard on an 03-06 as soon as top of second gear hits. It's really not that close really. I have trapped at almost 101mph in the 1/4mile in my car and a bone stock 07 walked me like I was its less favorite red headed stepchild.

Anybody who thinks an 03 could be faster is just a blasphemer*

* think I just made up a new word lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by kleefton
the 07 will pull hard on an 03-06 as soon as top of second gear hits. It's really not that close really. I have trapped at almost 101mph in the 1/4mile in my car and a bone stock 07 walked me like I was its less favorite red headed stepchild.

Anybody who thinks an 03 could be faster is just a blasphemer*

* think I just made up a new word lol.
gaaaaaawwwd... pleeeeeeaaaaase stop posting sh@t like this... no one is saying the 03 is faster or a better car than the 07... all im saying is that when i test drove the 07 it did not blow me away in its "off the line" performance... SOOOOORRY i was expecting sooooooooooooo much from the 07 Z... F@CK it ill just forget about the Z and start saving for an Enzo like that other dummy mentioned lol...
Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by blackstealthz
this is a great un-retarded response, thank you blackstealthz..
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
kleefton

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
gaaaaaawwwd... pleeeeeeaaaaase stop posting sh@t like this... no one is saying the 03 is faster or a better car than the 07... all im saying is that when i test drove the 07 it did not blow me away in its "off the line" performance... SOOOOORRY i was expecting sooooooooooooo much from the 07 Z... F@CK it ill just forget about the Z and start saving for an Enzo like that other dummy mentioned lol...

Whoa... you are the one who said: " hate to say it but the 03 enthst that i drove about 2 weeks ago seemed much quicker and more powerful."

Which means, in your mind you think the 03 is quicker. Unless you meant that the 03 "feels" faster even though you know it's not. But you didn't say that.

No need to be mad at us. You said something dumb and false so you're getting flamed for it. Take it like a man.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
That's completely correct. It also kicks in an additional 20HP every 3,000 miles thereafter, maxing out at 580.

That's what I heard. For real.
Awesome i cant wait
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by kleefton
Whoa... you are the one who said: " hate to say it but the 03 enthst that i drove about 2 weeks ago seemed much quicker and more powerful."

Which means, in your mind you think the 03 is quicker. Unless you meant that the 03 "feels" faster even though you know it's not. But you didn't say that.

No need to be mad at us. You said something dumb and false so you're getting flamed for it. Take it like a man.
Cool so you read my first post and then jumped to page 4 to reply...

Cause if you read the thread you would have seen that i also said:

"yeah thats the thing, it sounded very strong and seemed strong when above 25 mph, but off the line it seemed a bit weak... like all that power im hearing isnt ditributed to the wheels properly.. but i see what you're saying about the learning stage."

"I obviously realize that the 07 is overall a much better car than the 03-06... What im saying is that the 07 I drove yesterday afternoon, was the same if not worse off the line than the stock 03 i drove 2 weeks ago, and i want to know why that could be..."

"yeah it really wasnt supposed to be an 07 vs. 03-06 thread... it was supposed to be a "how much more power(if any) can i expect from the 07 when the engine runs for a couple thousand miles?" thread... i thought it was a legit question but apparently not...
But you are right, i loved the 03 and i loved the 07, so i just need to shut up and go get one..."

And then I got some good replys from some people that WANTED to understand my question and help me out...

You just wanted to flame a new guy to the forum, without even trying to understand what i was talking about... but its cool ill "take it like a man", i really dont care enough about it to keep goin... let me get my 07 and break it in, and then you can gimme a ride in your 03 sometime so i can see what im defenitely NOT missing...

Quick Reply: Test drove an '07 Touring coupe yesterday...