Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Taking car to stealership, do they owe me a loaner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
PM-Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
. They went out to the parking lot pulled up in a brand new Versa and sent me on my way.
Holy crap! A versa dude? Damn, they pulled out all the stops. lol

My local dealer gets stuff from Enterprise. I dont even need loaners. I just take them for the hell of it. Why not abuse someone elses car for a few
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
DaRtHXtC

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
I'm having the rear axle click, fuel hose recall, and a second gear transmission problem looked at by the stealership (all under TSB or warranty) but they claim that they don't owe me a loaner in the meantime. Do they owe me a broke down Sentra while the Z is out of commission or am I on my own?
If they refuse to give you a loaner and you bought the car there I would find a new dealership for your next purchase.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by Jorge Cabrone
Speaking of Clicking Axle, Just dropped off my car at the stealership again and they said since I have coilovers, they are not going to fix the clicking axle despite me showing them the TSB. Lubing is not going to make it go away (they need to replace the outer joint and bearing).

They even blamed it on the coilovers making the clicking sound despite I had the same problem before the coilovers. Any suggestions on this?

I did request for a loaner but the shuttle took me along with 4 other people to work this morning.
This may not help you now but from my experience, most car dealers will do ANYTHING to get out of warranty repairs. I replaced my Civic's plugs with Bosch platinum plugs and when I took the car in for a transmission problem, they tried to claim that it was caused by the Bosch plugs. I've learned my lesson and as a result, I haven't even installed my popcharger yet and won't until service from the dealer is complete is the powertrain warranty has expired.

Chalk this up to experience, but next time, remove ANY aftermarket parts you have, especially those that could be used as an excuse to screw you out of a TSB or warranty repair.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM
ttuberz
Banned

Im having my rear axle, tire feathering, trunk, and bose amplifier looked at by the stealership thursday morning. However i have 22K miles on an 03 which i bought new so my warranty is expired and their breaking my *****. I am very pissed!!!!!

Last edited by ttuberz; 08-07-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
PM-Performance

I heard of Dodge dealers doing that. My friend had diff plugs in his SRT4 that were non stock. They were some replacement part and they gave him **** about it.
I would love to see a tech tell me that.

I went in Honda with my Type R many times with 10's of thousands of $$$$ worth of mods. They gave me trannies on the house all the time when I broke syncros because the mods i did did not include drivetrain so they knew they could not refuse it. They tried the first time and I made a big enuff issue that this was never a problem again
One tech had the nerve to tell me they broke because my car was lowered.
I told him to look for a new job. He looked at me funny and asked why I told him that.
Low and behold he does not work there anymore as he didnt know **** about cars.

DOnt take bull**** from the dealers. You ***** enuff and you will get your way. Dealers I got to know I spend money. I usually get the bend over backwards treatment over the bend over with no lube treatment. The first time the try it they regret it and it never happens again. I know how to read the fine print and read inbetween the lines.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:09 PM
lungta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My stealership uses Enterprise (100 yards away) for rentals. Whenever they would keep the car overnight for TSB's, they would give me a rental. I had the choice of cars but they would only pay up to $50/day. I got a Titan once and an H3 when they were brand new. Of course i coughed up the difference that my stealership didnt cover, but it wasnt much each time. I also used the H3 to pull a stump out of my yard from a tree i had cut off. :-)
Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 AM
RanFerr_350z

This stinks.

A friend of mine has a Lexus and he recently took it to the stealership for service (he didn't buy it there). He told me they treated him like a king, the tech were exceedingly polite, the waiting room was plush, they had nice finger food to eat, and when they found out that they needed to keep it overnight, they offered him an IS as a loaner, no questions asked.

Just goes to show the difference between buying a luxury vs. a standard brand...

+1 on the lexus dealerships..Everytime i take the wifey's IS350 they walk me to the waiting area hand me the remote and grab me a bottled water while i sit my lazy **** on their leather couch in front of their huge plasma tv. They got cookies, brownies, starbucks coffee, 2 computers with internet..it's freakin insane. I usually don't mind waiting for service at the Lexus dealerships..Nissan on the other hand..well..it's not as nice.

And if they do end up keeping the vehicle longer than scheduled they usually put me in a RX 400..pretty comfortable.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:20 AM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having the rear axle click, fuel hose recall, and a second gear transmission problem looked at by the stealership (all under TSB or warranty) but they claim that they don't owe me a loaner in the meantime. Do they owe me a broke down Sentra while the Z is out of commission or am I on my own?
You call them a stealership but you want a free car??? Nissan has no obligation to give you a loaner car, the dealer might if they have that program
Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 AM
GalvatronType_R

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
You call them a stealership but you want a free car??? Nissan has no obligation to give you a loaner car, the dealer might if they have that program
When did I request a free car? From the replies, many here have gotten a loaner car while their stealership has kept theirs for a few days for repairs but mine won't do that. And I know that the stealership itself doesn't lose money on a loaner, they will just bill the cost (as well as the warranty repair cost) to Nissan itself.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I get my Z and Titan serviced at one of two Nissan dealerships. If it is a TSB or warranty issue, I get a loaner. You have to ask and push it, but they give you one. If it's there for maintenance/other, then no. I've had a Titan loaner for a week now.