2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LayDZee
Thanks for your help. I'm going to go to Nissan in Mckinney next time. Is Bandon a service advisor? Or is he a tech?
He is a service advisor, just tell him that you know me or something, Nick with the white Z and black wheels with a red lip...that is how will remember my car.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:24 AM
TayTaythatsme04

a little off topic but how did you get the water spots off ?

T
Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Jorge Cabrone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
a little off topic but how did you get the water spots off ?

T
**Update**
Yesterday I brought it to Nissan and they spent 1 hr and the detail manager couldnt get the spots out. My front rim is now worse because they tried to scrub the hell out of it (no more polished finished, now some discoloration). So the sent me to a wheel shop to get a quote and its going to cost Nissan $700 to fix since the shop is going to have to machine the lip down. Sounds scary I know but they said they can restore it to factory. I'm praying they do.

So the water spots are not water(ive had water spots before and they come off with water), its actually the chemicals they use and did not wash and dry off completely, so its chemical spots burned into the lip.

I'm suppose to bring my car back to Nissan Monday as the Service Manager needs approval from his boss for this fix.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:00 PM
avin

what is that cliking sound? im hearin somethin like that in my car
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
rkd350z

If I had enough money and time, I'll be terroring those retarded dealers..
Old 08-11-2007, 03:53 PM
majik16106

i got a noise from my volks.. it sounds like people yelling "hey your car looks effin sweet with those wheels!".. sorry.. couldnt help it.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Jorge Cabrone

I get that a lot, I hope I still get them after the shop 'restores" my volks.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:49 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by Jorge Cabrone
So the water spots are not water(ive had water spots before and they come off with water), its actually the chemicals they use and did not wash and dry off completely, so its chemical spots burned into the lip.
The water in South San Jose is high in minerals (maybe because they pump it from underground aquifers) and the white residue is exactly what water spotting here looks like here (you should have seen the chrome I replaced in my shower).

When the water drys the chemicals in it become super concentrated at the edges, this cuts into all kinds of materials, paint, glass, aluminum. The car should be rinsed with filtered water (Mr Clean will work) or distilled.

I am sure they can be fixed but its gonna take some work from people who know what they are doing.

Chris
Old 08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Slopoke

to get the water or chemical spots out, go buy you a mothers polishing ball and the cream that comes with it(pep boys) and hit your rims with the ball and compound, will atleast get rid of the fine scratches and i bet will also remove any "spots".

also the i am not sure if the Volks have a clear coat over the polish (most rims that are polished do) if they do, it gets a bit trickier. you will have to strip the clearcoat off using a product called "peeler"(pepboys) just spray and wash off in 10 minutes, repeat if necessary. then hit the aluminum with the polishing ball and compound. should be good as new. only problem you will have with stripping the clear is the inconvenience of a little more upkeep. or you can use a product called ZoopSeal and not have to worry about it for 3-4 years......
Old 08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
once this problem is resolved at a different dealership somebody should send this thread to the original dealership lol.
I was there last week for work on our Titan; I mentioned to both my service rep and the new service manager that I knew about this issue (the clicking and the spots on the wheels) and affirmed the same. They just repainted a portion of our Titan from scratches during their detail, and there are horrible water spots on the chrome wheels we have on it. I told him they are getting a horrible rep on the forums, and that people are driving far out of town for service work instead of taking it to them (Capital).

He offered some excuses, but no solution.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorge Cabrone
**Update**
Yesterday I brought it to Nissan and they spent 1 hr and the detail manager couldnt get the spots out. My front rim is now worse because they tried to scrub the hell out of it (no more polished finished, now some discoloration). So the sent me to a wheel shop to get a quote and its going to cost Nissan $700 to fix since the shop is going to have to machine the lip down. Sounds scary I know but they said they can restore it to factory. I'm praying they do.

I'm suppose to bring my car back to Nissan Monday as the Service Manager needs approval from his boss for this fix.
What wheel shop? I would only trust Wheel Techniques with Volks at ~$600/wheel.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you made it worse with the Mr. Clean Sponge. Trying using Mothers and Gas, will get that rite out. Use it for my polished bike.

I also started using that I bought from Puerto Rico called Diamante. I dont know were to get it out here, but this is the **** rite here. It comes in a Needle like tube and 1 tube should last you several polishes. This takes out anything the mothers and gas left behind. I had got caught in a storm on my bike for 2 hours riding, got home drenched left the bike in the garage as it was for 2 weeks bike looked like ****, and the only thing that took it out was the Diamante.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Jorge Cabrone

The wheels are in the shop right now and waiting for repair. I've asked them to fix one rim and the inspect to see how it looks against the other ones. I'll keep everyone posted but the shop said it should look like factory.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I definitely don't want to own Volks if they stain this easy. Way too many horor stories about volk rims doing this.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
T@derBauer.de

hi
the thread is old, but
i would like to know if they have fixed your Volk and how they look like now (pics?)

thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry did not realize how old this thread was.

Last edited by THEDUKE; 05-12-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
chuchu110

Capitol Nissan is suck, try Stevens creek Nissan or the dealer on Crushing Parkway, I am sure those 2 dealers are better.
Plus i never know putting the aftermarket coilover will void the warranty?Cause i just brought my Z to stevens creek nissan for some problem with my A/C and they are willing to replace the clutch since the recall , but they never mentioned about the aftermarket coilover or maybe they haven't see it yet..
Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus what a bunch of douchebags..I think all the parts needed to fix the clicking is long bolts and some washers...the wheels have nothing to do with it....to the op tell them to get you a new wheel...I highly doubt they will take it to an expert wheel repair place that messes w/ Volks...it is going to be hard to "machine down" (exactly how much is it within tolerences) and make the wheel new. Just my 2 cents and G/L with the dealership.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:13 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Guys - this thread is over 9 months old. The OP is probably long gone, having outgrown this phase of his somewhat retched life.

Stop wasting bandwidth and posting advice for which there are no takers.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Anjou

About the clicking noise, its very easy to fix yourself. Nissan tried to charge me 500+ to do the TSB since i have no more warrenty. When i asked them how much it would cost to get the parts i needed, they quoted me over 100 dollars for 12 bolts and 12 washers..... All the drive axle needed was to be cleaned and coated with grease at the base where it connects to the differential. I reused the same bolts and washers as they were not torque to yield and the problem was completely fixed.

Quick Reply: Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"