Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Jorge Cabrone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *Update* Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"

Good old Nissan,

I brought my car into the shop to fix the axle clicking noise and they wont fix it because I have aftermarket Wheels and Coilovers. And by doing so, voids my warranty. Service Manager at Capitol Nissan went as far as saying my aftermarket wheels could have created the clicking noise. I showed him the TSB on it and he responded with, get everything back to stock and we'll take a look at it but I won't promise we can fix it because of the mods. Un-Effin-Believable. I wanted to put him in an Arm Bar.

**Update**
What's worse now is I have Volks Winnings and Nissan washed my car as part of their service, however they did not dry the rim. As a result, there are water spots I cannot remove, primarily the lip since its polished. I think its not just waterspots but might be the crap soap they use and its now burned into the rim.

I tried the following:

1. Mr Clean White Out Pads - Did not work at all, spots still there
2. Wheel Polish and Cleaner - Did not work at all, spots still there
3. Claybar - Did not work at all, spots still there

I'M ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW!!!! I'm taking my Z down to Nissan first thing in the morning. I'm not a violent person by nature but my this is my Z. I'm willing to take this as far as possible. My concern is that they will deny even making these damages.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"-socal-trip-07-014.jpg   Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"-socal-trip-07-013.jpg  

Last edited by Jorge Cabrone; 08-09-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
twenzel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

retarded... find a dealer that has an IQ over 50.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
resist

You better call nissan directly. the number is in your manual (1-800-nissan1 I think).

tbh, I'm not sure why people don't call this number more often when the dealer tries screwing them (not directed at the OP, just i hear a lot of people saying omg dealer is screwing me, i don't know what to do)

yes, it's a hassle but it's better then getting asspounded with no lube
Old 08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Chugg

i just went in and they told me that its not covered by the power train warenty it was like 60 bucks in parts and 400 in labor is this power train or not i herd it was? i have a 2003 and how hard is it to do it my self?

p.s. whats is power train exactly? i thought it was engin tranny drive shaft axels hence where all the power goes threw?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Mazinger Z

Tossing more BS at people. I don't even care about the axle click (which I got about 6k after installing my wheels and suspension), I just don't want to go in and bullsh!t with them. Pointless.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
fast kiwi

i hope you got this sorted Jorge....
Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chugg
i just went in and they told me that its not covered by the power train warenty it was like 60 bucks in parts and 400 in labor is this power train or not i herd it was? i have a 2003 and how hard is it to do it my self?

p.s. whats is power train exactly? i thought it was engin tranny drive shaft axels hence where all the power goes threw?
The power train is everything from what makes the power (the motor) to the end of the train (the rear wheels). Do you have a warranty to read? Get one from your dealer.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Ztalker

your dealer needs to go take a dump cuz he's full of ****.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 PM
VIZAGE

I don't understand why they don't choose to do warranty work, even though some things may be off? That's money there losing. They bill Nissan (the manufacture) for the work.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
06MagneticZ

Drive all the way down to WCN. BEst place in the world for Z's.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by Jorge Cabrone
Good old Nissan,

I brought my car into the shop to fix the axle clicking noise and they wont fix it because I have aftermarket Wheels and Coilovers. And by doing so, voids my warranty. Service Manager at Capitol Nissan went as far as saying my aftermarket wheels could have created the clicking noise. I showed him the TSB on it and he responded with, get everything back to stock and we'll take a look at it but I won't promise we can fix it because of the mods. Un-Effin-Believable. I wanted to put him in an Arm Bar.
LOL! Since you're in the Bay, go to Falore Nissan in Sunnyvale. They're definitely a lot better and have been mod friendly.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's ridiculous dude, there has got to be a better dealer than that.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Jorge Cabrone

I got in touch with Falore Nissan (Thanks GTNPU Z for the recommendation) and they are open to getting this fixed despite the mods. I'm bringing it in next week so I'm crossing my fingers everything will be resolved and I can be happy again. Thanks Bob @ Falore!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:53 AM
virtuoso

Funny, I'm getting this squeeking noise now that I have 19" Volks on mine. Anyone know what that could be? I'm thinking it's the springs. The car has only 20k miles on it so I doubt if it would be.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:59 AM
z32 Outlaw Z

Dude it doubt it has anything to do with your Volks. i just got my clicking fixed, it was a few bolts they replaced. That guy is just trying to screw u over... go to another dealer
Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

I had the same clicking noise on my 03... took it to the dealer and it WAS COVERED BY WARRANTY (Powertrain). Everyone is right about West Covina Nissan though they are Awesome!! I had mine fixed at connell in costa mesa but people their SUCK!! I had to argue that it was covered under powertrain.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
led

Originally Posted by Chugg

How many miles do you have? I believe the powertrain warranty goes up to 60k miles. And the clicking noise IS covered under the warranty.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Zazoozle

Go to another nissan, that is absolutely not true. I took my stock Z/stock wheels in for the same thing, told the guy " hi. my rear axels are clicking. I believe you need to do the TSB to fix this." <- the guy was like, "you sure? OK, will do".

really easy, had no problems. Find another dealer/svc dept
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM
phrza81

Originally Posted by Jorge Cabrone
Un-Effin-Believable. I wanted to put him in an Arm Bar.

Haha... LOCK IN THAT TRIANGLE!!!! haha... as soon as i read " I wanted to put him in an Arm Bar", I instantly pictured some random dude Arm Baring a Car Sales man in the show room at the dealership. hahaha, ahhh, good one buddy.... Arm Bar FTW!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 AM
gsazabi

Drive down to West Covina Nissan, get that sh*t fixed, the end.

Quick Reply: Nissan's Word: "Your Volks Could be the Cause of the Clicking Noise"